I am almost sure that bitcoinica.com is out of funds and they are keeping the site open to get more deposits and ponzi those deposits on those who want to withdrawal. The 17 year old just lost 250,000 Dollars and I doubt he has an extra 250K to cover his loss.
I would encourage everyone to withdrawal your funds from bitcoinica and watch the shit hit the fan.
We will lower our withdrawal fee in the next couple of days, in the meantime 9% is fair.
CoinExchanger.com is an admittedly unregistered MLB (money license business) that must be registered by FinCEN within 6 months of opening their doors and sharing their first stored value. They have not done so and are in direct violation of federal law.
The owner of CoinExchanger.com is Leo Camilo, who advertises his address as 440 9th ave, New york, New York,10001 US and personal telephone number 1 (347) 469-1040.
His private email (search google) is firstname.lastname@example.org
He has publicly stated on multiple occasions that:
- bitcoin is fake money, "monopoly money" and has no value and should not be trusted for this reason.
- his exchange is functional with a large user base, when not a single user has ever reportedly done business with him
- he is holding coins stolen from Zhou Tong's Bitcoinica and says "fuck you Zhou, you're just a stupid 17 year old kid, these coins are mine now" basically.
He is currently in possession of stolen Bitcoins from the Linode hack and any coins purchased from him will not be accepted by MtGox or anyone in the Bitcoin community.
- goes under the sock puppet scammer account name "Maria"
- claims to be a millionaire and restaurant owner