Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should pinkcoin be called "Pink" instead of "Pinkcoin"?  (Voting closed: June 25, 2014, 09:00:52 PM)
Yes please... make it Pink! - 14 (51.9%)
Naah... don't bother. Pinkcoin works fine! - 13 (48.1%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pinkcoin poll  (Read 2160 times)
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2014, 05:35:20 AM by sonysasankan

Poll Closed. Please delete Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SpockSkywalker

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:37:24 PM

Leave it Pinkcoin!

Pink is too broad and confusing. When people hear I bought Pinkcoin today they become curious and are more encouraged to look it up and potentially invest in the idea themselves. Saying I bought Pink today. Pink? What could have been pink? anything but whatever it was I'm not really interested in the mystery pink item now I'm off to think about something else. That's a potential lost investor based off confusion.
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:10:42 PM

Leave it Pinkcoin!

Pink is too broad and confusing. When people hear I bought Pinkcoin today they become curious and are more encouraged to look it up and potentially invest in the idea themselves. Saying I bought Pink today. Pink? What could have been pink? anything but whatever it was I'm not really interested in the mystery pink item now I'm off to think about something else. That's a potential lost investor based off confusion.

You have a valid point. But on the flip side, there is the stigma of colorcoin... to be in the same basket with blackcoin, blucoin, yellowcoin, orangecoin and even whitecoin, and pink being the least preferred "color". As far as I know, people tent to abreviate almost instinctively and casual conversation tend to have teh coin being called pink, rather than pinkcoin. We certiainly cannot control the public usage. This is just a poll to guage whether or not to eleminate the word "pinkcoin" from the websites, ANN page, etc. End of the day, it will be called whatever they are comfortable calling it Smiley

Eg: Dogecoin is popularly known as doge, but Litecoin or Peercoin is not known as Lite or peer.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:16:56 PM

PINK works for me, kinda makes it stand out a bit. Like Quark or Monero. Practically every coin has the 'coin' at the end of the name. Its getting really boring and PINK is certainly not boring.  Cheesy
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:17:28 PM

I vote for PINK! Smiley
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:21:39 PM

Guys no need to reply with what you voted for... kinda skews perception. We want a true "secret ballot" style vote. Just vote and close the tab Smiley

Flam

Activity: 368

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:44:04 PM

Yeah we need to wash the color coin thing

Rename Pink into PINCC meaning: Pincc Is Not a Color Coin.

There is also a subconsious message in the acronym meaning "PIN Credit Card" or "Plug IN Credit Card" forcing people to cash their Fiat into PINCC.

My job is done here.

Or even better rename Pink into Pink Meaning Pink Is Not a Kolor then let users add coin at the end

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:48:51 PM

Yeah we need to wash the color coin thing

Rename Pink into PINCC meaning: Pincc Is Not a Color Coin.

There is also a subconsious message in the acronym meaning "PIN Credit Card" or "Plug IN Credit Card" forcing people to cash their Fiat into PINCC.

My job is done here.

LOL... lets not overcomplicate things here... the options are pink or pinkcoin Smiley

Flam

Activity: 368

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:57:22 PM

Yeah so add "Pink Is Not a Kolor" in the branding to get rid of colored coins crappy history. Much success !

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:11:46 PM

Yeah so add "Pink Is Not a Kolor" in the branding to get rid of colored coins crappy history. Much success !

This is actually quite brilliant. /slow clap.

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 11:55:05 PM

I voted for PINK!  Cool

Oops... now it's a secret.  Tongue

Pinker

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:40:26 PM

Leave it Pinkcoin!

Too bad someone forgot to tell Nike to name the brand Nikeshoes when founded. Imagine how big success could those losers have by now.Wink

The confusion is a relevant point, but those familiar with cryptos would know and others would be confused whether Pink or Pinkcoin in my opinion.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:53:34 AM

Pinkcoin brings so much to the table. It isn't just a color it is a color ASSOCIATED with all that is good, noble, fair and nice in the world. The color of "the good guys of crypto": We, the Pinkcoin community. THINK BIG. THINK PINK.
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:23:17 PM

I can't click vote optiton for some reason, but I'd love to see it as PINK.
Love things looking minimalistic and cool.
PINK sounds more like currency's title, not like shitfork altcoin.

you need to select one of the options and then click on vote. I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Do you get an error? Does the page not load after you click? Could you post a screenshot?

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 09:35:54 PM

I can't click vote optiton for some reason, but I'd love to see it as PINK.
Love things looking minimalistic and cool.
PINK sounds more like currency's title, not like shitfork altcoin.

you need to select one of the options and then click on vote. I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Do you get an error? Does the page not load after you click? Could you post a screenshot?

Well, it looks like that. I'm new to bitcointalk forum engine, but I guess it supposed to be two radio buttons and statistics bars, or is there something I don't know?

You need to have "Jr. Member" status to vote on polls. Increase your activity.

CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:51:48 AM

pinkcoin
NASer122

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:56:40 AM

There is no other name?Also can be voted

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
SpockSkywalker

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:52:01 PM

Leave it Pinkcoin!

You have a valid point. But on the flip side, there is the stigma of colorcoin... to be in the same basket with blackcoin, blucoin, yellowcoin, orangecoin and even whitecoin, and pink being the least preferred "color". As far as I know, people tent to abreviate almost instinctively and casual conversation tend to have teh coin being called pink, rather than pinkcoin. We certiainly cannot control the public usage. This is just a poll to guage whether or not to eleminate the word "pinkcoin" from the websites, ANN page, etc. End of the day, it will be called whatever they are comfortable calling it Smiley

Eg: Dogecoin is popularly known as doge, but Litecoin or Peercoin is not known as Lite or peer.

Nobody buys Pinkcoin because of the Color, the color Pink just attracts females who are an untapped market in Crypto-Currency. People buy Pinkcoin because it is a Charity/Donation Oriented Platform like Dogecoin, and because Pinkcoin has a Cult-Like Following. Dogecoin is now a $30 million market cap coin on an account of their Cult-Like Following. It has very little to do with any innovations at all and especially nothing to do with the Color. 'Pink' is an already overused marketing ploy that is whitewash to new investors in Crypto Markets. Doge works because it is still new and fresh, Pinke would be better than Pink. If anything naming Pinkcoin 'Pink' would draw even more attention to a "Color Stigma". Regardless, to exclude honest voters because we are on Twitter exposing the World to Pinkcoin honestly befuddles me. We deserve to be counted, WE ARE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. Our followers, who we on Twitter encourage to invest in this new mysterious crypto currency stuff, need to hear the word 'Coin' after the word 'Pink' or they will not make a connection Between a Color shaded between Red and White and a CryptoCoin. #CHUUCH #PREACH #ALtruism #PINKCOIN
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 03:41:28 PM

Leave it Pinkcoin!

Nobody buys Pinkcoin because of the Color, the color Pink just attracts females who are an untapped market in Crypto-Currency. People buy Pinkcoin because it is a Charity/Donation Oriented Platform like Dogecoin, and because Pinkcoin has a Cult-Like Following. Dogecoin is now a $30 million market cap coin on an account of their Cult-Like Following. It has very little to do with any innovations at all and especially nothing to do with the Color. 'Pink' is an already overused marketing ploy that is whitewash to new investors in Crypto Markets. Doge works because it is still new and fresh, Pinke would be better than Pink. If anything naming Pinkcoin 'Pink' would draw even more attention to a "Color Stigma". Regardless, to exclude honest voters because we are on Twitter exposing the World to Pinkcoin honestly befuddles me. We deserve to be counted, WE ARE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. Our followers, who we on Twitter encourage to invest in this new mysterious crypto currency stuff, need to hear the word 'Coin' after the word 'Pink' or they will not make a connection Between a Color shaded between Red and White and a CryptoCoin. #CHUUCH #PREACH #ALtruism #PINKCOIN

LOL... we haven't changed the name. It's still pinkcoin. The poll result was void because we realized "newbie" accounts were not able to vote and that an overwhelming majority of them wanted to keep the name as it is. #CHUUCH #PREACH Smiley

magician6

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:52:52 AM

what is this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: