Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:45:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Help with BFL 30gh/s, easyminer, Slush pool  (Read 1609 times)
Tra88 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:39:52 PM

Hello, I recently wanted to get into mining bitcoins, and I bought a butterfly labs single 30gh/s on ebay.
As of now its working on bitminter.com at 33.15gh/s
Basically the only reason it worked is because it set itself up lol
I have an account in slush pool, tried to download easyminer, and i couldn't figure out how to type the pool user id in correctly.
If anyone could help me and tell me how to set it up, best mining program, how to input the pool info, ect I would greatly appreciate it.
I have never used a command prompt window and i have looked online for ages for help.
Every time i am mining on bitminter it says
Cant deliver proof-of-work: not connected to bitminter.com and its plugged into Ethernet.
Why does it do this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:53:22 AM

First, try BFGMiner, and also, you won't ROI with that device. Please expand on what problem you are having.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:39:26 PM

Absolutely move to either bfgminer or cgminer.  Easyminer is a worthless piece of crap and has been since it's creation.  Once you move to one of the aforementioned miners if your still having issue(s) reply here and will try to help you get it configured.  Hope you didn't pay too much for that badboy Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:49:38 PM

If you need help setting up bfg miner or cgminer Just ask Smiley  Both of them are far far better choices. You will be happy you switched. If you prefer the gui setup consider using cg watcher to set it up. There is also Multiminer both are great tools for the novice miner.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Tra88 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:37:37 AM

Truth be told lol i have no clue how to do anything in command prompt, I guess I need step by step instructions if anyone can help. I figured i would be able to get the box on ebay and download the manual or something ya know? Now I got it, only paid 80 for it XD + 20 shippin, and its Complicated. Every time Ive tried to open any miners that are command prompt, they pop up for a sec and close. Why? Its like the thing purpousely hates me lol. Or maybe it just hates windows xp.
Out of the clients out there, which works better with slush, or I guess which is the best worker pool?
And how do i get set up?
I now have the miner on my win 7 desktop and bfg miner opens now but still lost on as to setting it up.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:09:00 AM

You just need to make a .BAT file and save it in the same directory as the BFGMiner or CGMiner program.  A .BAT file is the same as a text (.TXT) file except the file will end in .BAT like confused.BAT hehe.

Then in the .bat file type this:
bfgminer -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u MYUSERNAME -p MYPASSWORD -o mint.bitminter.com:3333 -u MYUSERNAME -p MYPASSWORD --failover-only

Then just change the MYUSERNAME and MYPASSWORD to whatever you use.

Obviously in the example above I mine at BTCGuild and if they go down it jumps to Bitminter for backup.  You can switch it to whatever pools you want, I just used those 2 for example.  The pools should have easy descriptions of what address and port number (the thing that says :3333) to use.

save the file using the File-->Save as and give it a name like Mine.BAT

Double click it and you should be mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: