Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:07:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DCM] Digital Commerce 100% PoS Multipool/Merchant/Investor focused. Bittrex!  (Read 3691 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:49:44 PM

I agree with the above, if everyone stops retardedly trading below IPO this coin will gain more in value plus restore peep's confidence. I am holding the few coins I have and hopefully this week will do a nice blog review. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:04:36 PM

Which is why the wall that i propose is 4k. If investor see that wall they will feel more secured to buy at higher price. Even if everyone dump at that price, dev team regain 500k of DCM for just 20 Btc. That's a lot of dcm which they can use for bounty, extra multipool payout, incentive for voting, promotion and a lot more.

What i'm seeing right now is the dev team don't want to spend any of that ipo. For god sake 20 btc out of the 100 btc ipo is a small amount. Of course, that is conditional whether the dev didn't take any of the ipo for their personal gain.

A 4K wall is doable, although I wonder if they'd be better off just renting machines with their ipo money and mining on the multipool instead. It'd then create buy support, yet not just be a way for people to dump coins into a wall. Maybe at this point they should do a bit of both.

I disagree with the other poster regarding ditching the merchant plans. I may be in the minority, but I like to see a coin at least potentially have a use as a currency. The problem, as stated, is creating an incentive for people to use that crypto as a currency.

The devs here said they were working on ideas, but as of yet hasn't mentioned what their plan was.

There are ways to do it  --

Offer a discount for purchases using DCM over BTC or cash. To do this, they'd need to cover the costs or convince the vendors to cover the cost. They do have a lot of ipo money that could be used to offer discounts with, if they so choose.

There is an obvious volume problem, so right now I think if they do the merchant thing, they'd have to limit daily sales, or they'll crash volume if they sell DCM as soon as purchases are made. Again, the ipo money can get around this somewhat, by simply having the devs hold whatever DCM they get in, and using ipo money to cover costs.

And something I suggested to the Noble dev a while ago for their marketplace, is I think it would be interesting for a coin to set up a discount on a marketplace based on the number of coins held. Think of it like POS, but instead of extra coin, the person gets an extra market discount. It's not only an incentive to use the marketplace, but an incentive for people not to dump their coins.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:06:18 PM

They won't do nothing. They won't give away the money they got, they made cash and that's it. This coin will slowly fade away and the admins will move on.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:51:57 PM

I've lost over 70% of me btc in this... but i do not really believe this is the right moment to sell...

The coin has a good name, the idea was pretty good but overambitious. Just copy some good ideas from other coins, hire some external devs if needed...

For example, try to realize what XAP is trying to realize. Their IPO does not look fair at all, but their idea does.

If you can do what they are doing faster and with the IPO funds, the price of this coin should skyrocket...

Or copy the idea of leaguecoin: a betting website for gaming. So you can bet on matches in Dota2 tournaments, GuildWars2 Tournaments, Starcraft .... whatever game.

Betting is always a great industry, just make a (even better: a decentralized) platform for betting on stuf you can't bet on yet.

Or... Just give up.. Put all the remaining funds at IPO price or something and give away the purchased coins, and the coin project itself, to some other developers...
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:46:53 AM

Any comments from the devs?

I don't have a lot of dcm anymore, and the small amount I still have was free, but if I was one of those people that held this entire time from ipo prices, I'd probably be angry. Not angry over the price, nor even angry over Bob. Just annoyed at the lack of forum presence and activity from the devs.

There was a lot of talk, but so far we haven't seen a whole lot. At the least you should be commenting on ideas people are suggesting here.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:59:33 AM

I'm not partial to anyone in this regard ..

I want to say something to the dev. dev come on, do not let your enemy laugh when you hit hard by it .. it's just one blow of the bob. What are you weak?

You know the people here supporting you, except Bob. do not disappoint those who have given confidence to you.

you look at the coin production. very nice in your hand. we just believe this coin will evolve. with a total of 1,350,000 coins, - does not deserve at a price like this (4k satoshi). You have to help this coin prices may rise up to bring in new investors ..

so that more voice vote in polo are getting lower ratings. when the coin is entered polo means you've hit your enemy back gently but make knockout.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:26:31 AM

I don't have a lot of dcm anymore, and the small amount I still have was free, but if I was one of those people that held this entire time from ipo prices, I'd probably be angry. Not angry over the price, nor even angry over Bob. Just annoyed at the lack of forum presence and activity from the devs.

There was a lot of talk, but so far we haven't seen a whole lot. At the least you should be commenting on ideas people are suggesting here.

I'm not sure what you mean by the lack of forum presence. We're here every day and comment on stuff going on when we see it being necessary. If we were to reply to every post, I'd spend a good part of our day doing just that.

So, to give you an idea what everybody is working on:

Kreative: talking to several vendors, trying to sign them up for the vendor portal, trying to get investors onboard, etc.
Wallenstein: dealing with the development of the vendor portal
Aszu: working on wallet upgrades and fixing the remaining bugs
AHumanBeingX: was working on marketing stuff, currently moving back to the US, so he's AFK
SeriousCoins: trying to get his head around the anon feature of the wallet

I'd also like to state once again that Kreative's job of getting investors on board is being made significantly more difficult by the huge number of shares on bittrex, which makes investors fearful of being dumped upon. That situation has actually improved over the past few days, but it would be very helpful if people who held a large number of coins would pull the majority of those coins to the local wallets.

So we're actually quite busy, but we don't have great new revelations to share with you every day; we don't have a magic hat we can pull this stuff from. That being said my next post will be something new.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:32:02 AM

New Designs Received

Please see below the new design for the product detail page.

http://dc-altcoin.com/userdata/Media/StoreDesign_Detail.png

This is not final yet, but it's getting close. We will receive additional designs most probably tomorrow.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:33:28 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by the lack of forum presence. We're here every day and comment on stuff going on when we see it being necessary. If we were to reply to every post, I'd spend a good part of our day doing just that.

Kreative: talking to several vendors, trying to sign them up for the vendor portal, trying to get investors onboard, etc.
AHumanBeingX: was working on marketing stuff, currently moving back to the US, so he's AFK

I'd also like to state once again that Kreative's job of getting investors on board is being made significantly more difficult by the huge number of shares on bittrex, which makes investors fearful of being dumped upon. That situation has actually improved over the past few days, but it would be very helpful if people who held a large number of coins would pull the majority of those coins to the local wallets.

So we're actually quite busy, but we don't have great new revelations to share with you every day; we don't have a magic hat we can pull this stuff from. That being said my next post will be something new.

By lack of forum presence, I sort of meant this current lull between threads. And it may just be me, but I do think the comments regarding protecting investors from a catastrophic loss should be commented on.

What levels do you consider catastrophic? In my opinion, we are already there.

As for investors, I'd think the dumping that has been going on would scare them more than the number of coins on the exchange. You really need to deal with the lack of buy support.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:38:30 AM

By lack of forum presence, I sort of meant this current lull between threads. And it may just be me, but I do think the comments regarding protecting investors from a catastrophic loss should be commented on.

What levels do you consider catastrophic? In my opinion, we are already there.

As for investors, I'd think the dumping that has been going on would scare them more than the number of coins on the exchange. You really need to deal with the lack of buy support.

Yes, the dumping is a problem but it will be dealt with if it continues. An even bigger problem though is the number of coins held in the exchange wallet; we've talked to several whale-type people and this is the biggest issue they have, they want to see a better distribution of coins before committing money to the coin.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:45:34 AM

Yes, the dumping is a problem but it will be dealt with if it continues. An even bigger problem though is the number of coins held in the exchange wallet; we've talked to several whale-type people and this is the biggest issue they have, they want to see a better distribution of coins before committing money to the coin.

Not so sure that is so easy to fix unless the price stabilizes at a decent level. I'm always surprised how many people keep their coins on an exchange to begin with.

If you really want people to get their coins off the exchange, give them an incentive. Go with a marketplace discount model like I mentioned, based on coins in the wallet. Use ipo funds to cover it, if necessary.

Offer up a buy wall at 4K, eat up the dumpers. Rent machines, increase multipool buys.

There, problem solved, not so many coins on the exchange anymore. Or at least not so many on the ledge ready to dump.
steady712

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:09:39 AM

C'mon! We are waiting the dev Team protect the investor. A big wall support at 4-6k would be good. Actually i have really big amount on bittrex for security but if i see a strong buy support for the dev team i will move to the wallet.
Wallenstein

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:51:01 AM

Vendor Portal Progress Report

We've been working full steam on the implementation of the vendor portal and we would like to take this opportunity to release a progress report:

• We've selected some open-source components which we are now leveraging to accelerate development. This is good news because it will cut down on costs, time and increase quality. These components include things like an ORM layer, robust category management, etc. By using these components we can eliminate a significant portion of the work we had envisioned
  • Due to the above progress is quite a bit faster than originally planned and we can rely on proven code which we don't have to maintain

The bottom line is that we're speeding along and that we hope to have an alpha/beta version of the portal available sometime during July.
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:58:51 AM

dev, you can learn this. This may be opening a new inspiration for you. Smiley

http://coinzen.org/index.php/topic, 913.0.html

http://altcoingiveaways.com/index.php/topic, 1601.0.html

and you can invite people to start a campaign like this ..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654009.0

we must work together to change the situation ..
I have sent a personal message to the DCOM few days ago .. but maybe you are busy, so there was no response to me.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
CommanderVenus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:52:06 AM

Anyone else maybe wanna get on the multipool? Im the only one mining..

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
jimimcome907620

Activity: 397

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:56:24 AM

Which is why the wall that i propose is 4k. If investor see that wall they will feel more secured to buy at higher price. Even if everyone dump at that price, dev team regain 500k of DCM for just 20 Btc. That's a lot of dcm which they can use for bounty, extra multipool payout, incentive for voting, promotion and a lot more.

What i'm seeing right now is the dev team don't want to spend any of that ipo. For god sake 20 btc out of the 100 btc ipo is a small amount. Of course, that is conditional whether the dev didn't take any of the ipo for their personal gain.

A 4K wall is doable, although I wonder if they'd be better off just renting machines with their ipo money and mining on the multipool instead. It'd then create buy support, yet not just be a way for people to dump coins into a wall. Maybe at this point they should do a bit of both.

I disagree with the other poster regarding ditching the merchant plans. I may be in the minority, but I like to see a coin at least potentially have a use as a currency. The problem, as stated, is creating an incentive for people to use that crypto as a currency.

The devs here said they were working on ideas, but as of yet hasn't mentioned what their plan was.

There are ways to do it  --

Offer a discount for purchases using DCM over BTC or cash. To do this, they'd need to cover the costs or convince the vendors to cover the cost. They do have a lot of ipo money that could be used to offer discounts with, if they so choose.

There is an obvious volume problem, so right now I think if they do the merchant thing, they'd have to limit daily sales, or they'll crash volume if they sell DCM as soon as purchases are made. Again, the ipo money can get around this somewhat, by simply having the devs hold whatever DCM they get in, and using ipo money to cover costs.

And something I suggested to the Noble dev a while ago for their marketplace, is I think it would be interesting for a coin to set up a discount on a marketplace based on the number of coins held. Think of it like POS, but instead of extra coin, the person gets an extra market discount. It's not only an incentive to use the marketplace, but an incentive for people not to dump their coins.

a new one??
I am afraid I missed this train. pity.

pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:39:57 AM

Did you get my message about the ridiculous interest rate?  We had 1.35 million coins a little while ago.  Now, we have 1.53 million coins.  There has been an increase of 16,000 coins since yesterday.

I sent a PM to you, kreative, Aszu, and dcom.  No one replied to me.

If you want this coin to have any chance, fix the wallet ASAP and contact bittrex and ask them to destroy the tens of thousands of coins they minted.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 07:49:29 AM

might be an idea to put a link to this new thread on the last page of the old thread because some ppl will be just 2 lazy to look for it and fix the wallet ffs!
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:28:58 PM

Market cap of $19,191.  That's depressing.  I'm embarrassed to say how much I've put into DCM (But I will say I've lost all the profits I've made in crypto in the last 2 months).  It's hard right now not to be so negative.  So I'll end with that......
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:58:11 PM

And another thing.  How can you expect people to take their coins off the exchange, when the price keeps dropping?  There is no stability, and until that stability is shown, most won't take their coins off, and you won't get new investors.  

I personally have all mine off of Bittrex, but I can see the concern.

You have to stop the bleeding, because the current plan is not working.  Do I have any new ideas?  No, but I'm also not on the development team.  I am just heavily invested.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: