Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments will want their TAX ??? The solution is obvious but scary.  (Read 16149 times)
wb3 (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 07:20:16 PM

Hate to bring this up, because it will change the price.

A gallon of vegetable oil is now cheaper in some parts of the country than gas. Why the big deal?

Because now people with Diesel Engines can buy new vegetable oil and use it for gas cheaper than diesel.

Myth-busters already did the experiment. They took a un-modified diesel car and poured used vegetable oil (that they got for free from a restaurant). The car ran great but they said it smelled like french fries.

Point being, it won't be long before others catch on, and havoc will ensue.

Was Rudolf Diesel ahead of his time or what?  Finally going to run the engine with what it was designed to use. Oil companies did a good job hiding it for awhile but it is out now.

With virgin oil, the buyer has to choose between using the oil as fuel for a diesel truck or as fuel for his body.

No, that is what is great. Cook with it, then run it through some cheese cloth and then drive with it.

Net Worth = 0.10    Hah, "Net" worth Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 07:34:33 PM

Hate to bring this up, because it will change the price.

A gallon of vegetable oil is now cheaper in some parts of the country than gas. Why the big deal?

Because now people with Diesel Engines can buy new vegetable oil and use it for gas cheaper than diesel.

Myth-busters already did the experiment. They took a un-modified diesel car and poured used vegetable oil (that they got for free from a restaurant). The car ran great but they said it smelled like french fries.

Point being, it won't be long before others catch on, and havoc will ensue.

Was Rudolf Diesel ahead of his time or what?  Finally going to run the engine with what it was designed to use. Oil companies did a good job hiding it for awhile but it is out now.

With virgin oil, the buyer has to choose between using the oil as fuel for a diesel truck or as fuel for his body.

No, that is what is great. Cook with it, then run it through some cheese cloth and then drive with it.

You can drive with the leftovers, true.  But you literally cannot eat it and drive on it.  There are people in this world that literally depend upon cookies made with vegetable oil and dirt.  Ultimately, biofuels still compete with human fuels, no matter their nature.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
wb3 (OP)

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 07:37:28 PM

That is true, but I think moot.

People now have a choice, eat the vegetable oil, or drive on it.  I tend to think the individuals taking advantage of the price difference now, will make the most economical use of the vegetable oil.

Personally, I think there will be a lot of people asking for all that oil when McDonald's changes the french fry oil.

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 02:47:54 PM

You have to decide "eat or burn" the oil that you would normally consume but some is always thrown away and that's basically free fuel at that point outside the effort to strain it etc.
Personally I don't think it's that great once you go beyond burning waste oil. When you start farming it as a fuel it loses it's benefit.
Maybe we should just fry more  Grin

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2011, 12:31:28 PM

Minor thread necromancy, but you guys are ignoring a HUGE 500lb gorilla in the room:

Hemp.

The Diesel engine was originally designed to run on hempseed oil.

It also solves the eat-or-drive conundrum, because the press-cakes from the seed make amazing flour.

The stems/stalks can be made into fiber for paper, rope, clothing, etc.

We all know what the flowers are good for.

And, the starches in the rest of the plant can be made into bio-degradable plastics.

If I could only grow one plant, It would be the Hemp plant.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
tomcollins

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 17, 2011, 01:01:31 PM

Does the oil come from vegetables subsidized by the U.S. government, e.g. corn?

I guess in a small part yes, but not a large part. Most corn subsides are not to grow corn, but to "not" grow corn. Commodities are a complicated business if you want corn to get around the world. If it was just a local business, you wouldn't need a commodities market.

Funny, Restaurants and Chains used to pay for people to dispose of their used oil, now people will be picking it up for free, until the Chains realize they can sell it.

This is wrong.  There are huuuuge subsidies to corn farmers.  In fact, almost all would not be profitable at current prices until the subsidies come in.

If you have Netflix, there was a great documentary I believe called King Corn where some guys took an acre of corn and showed what happened to the corn, how a farmer would make his money, etc...
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 02:49:10 PM

Minor thread necromancy, but you guys are ignoring a HUGE 500lb gorilla in the room:

Hemp.

It also solves the eat-or-drive conundrum, because the press-cakes from the seed make amazing flour.

And, the starches in the rest of the plant can be made into bio-degradable plastics.

Hemp oil tastes really good too.
Honestly I think this would fix a lot of problems, people are just too closed minded though.
I'm not even talking about the getting high part, I don't care about it. Just the rest of the plant.

moneyandtech.com
wb3 (OP)

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 04:19:58 PM

Hemp.

Can you "source" that statement?  I believe he was less interested in the fuel which most credit to ( coal dust, peanut oil, etc) than the Air. He was fascinated by compressing "Air" to heat it and then inject "fuels" into the engine.

Do you know there was a rumor that he was killed by Coal Industrialist as a threat to their empire?  Back then, that was like the Oil Companies killing people over the 200 m/gal. carburetor.  Funny how that happens.

I do agree with you and all the benefits of Hemp, but politics.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 06:36:12 PM

Hemp.

Can you "source" that statement?  I believe he was less interested in the fuel which most credit to ( coal dust, peanut oil, etc) than the Air. He was fascinated by compressing "Air" to heat it and then inject "fuels" into the engine.
I'm not going to research it for you, but he ran the first demostration model on hemp oil, and marketed the engine as a means for third world nations to become less dependent upon foreign energy companies.  Try Google, I hear it's pretty good at this kind of thing.
Do you know there was a rumor that he was killed by Coal Industrialist as a threat to their empire?  Back then, that was like the Oil Companies killing people over the 200 m/gal. carburetor.  Funny how that happens.

I think that you are getting slim data out of your rumors.  The mostly likely cause of his disappearance was the German government (his own) as it was apparent that he was marketing his engine to the British navy in the leadup to the first world war.  The German navy already had the tech, and likely desired to keep the advantage.  He boarded a ferry to cross the English channel, and never disembarked, and his body was never found.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2011, 08:29:08 PM

Hemp.

I'm not going to research it for you, but he ran the first demostration model on hemp oil, and marketed the engine as a means for third world nations to become less dependent upon foreign energy companies.  Try Google, I hear it's pretty good at this kind of thing.

I think that you are getting slim data out of your rumors.  The mostly likely cause of his disappearance was the German government (his own) as it was apparent that he was marketing his engine to the British navy in the leadup to the first world war.  The German navy already had the tech, and likely desired to keep the advantage.  He boarded a ferry to cross the English channel, and never disembarked, and his body was never found.

That's rough the US lets it's capitalists sell to the enemy.

moneyandtech.com
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 18, 2011, 09:14:31 PM

Not really. There are and have been export controls for quite some time.

http://www.bis.doc.gov/licensing/exportingbasics.htm
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 02:28:39 PM

Oh, yeah those work so well. So well, there were brand new ford trucks driving down the Ho Chih Minh (I probably butchered that) Trail while US troops drove around in WWII-era willys jeeps. To their credit, I haven't heard anything about troops being suicide-bombed by new tauruses, but that's probably an economics thing more than anything. (ie: Why buy a new car just to blow it up?)

The lesson here? The market is the original fault-tolerant network. It routes around damage.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
wb3 (OP)

^Check Out^ Isle 3

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 08:13:41 PM

Oh, yeah those work so well. So well, there were brand new ford trucks driving down the Ho Chih Minh (I probably butchered that) Trail while US troops drove around in WWII-era willys jeeps. To their credit, I haven't heard anything about troops being suicide-bombed by new tauruses, but that's probably an economics thing more than anything. (ie: Why buy a new car just to blow it up?)

The lesson here? The market is the original fault-tolerant network. It routes around damage.

The Irony in that is if they were buying brand new "GM" cars to blow up, there would be a lobby and a host of politicians for selling the cars to them first. It is not the cars that kill people, its the people that kill people.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: