Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Group buy for the silkroad auction  (Read 2346 times)
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:22:22 PM

It would be better if the Bitcoin community doesn't buy them, for obvious reasons.
wich are this "obvious reasons"? I think that it would be better to don`t let the government have those bitcoins. I wish to belive that whoever will win the auction won`t just dump the coins.

First off, they're auctioning it. And if a smart investor wins the auction, they're not going to dump coins if they already saw how high the Bitcoin price can rocket. Third off, someone outside of the Bitcoin ring buying it says 'legal', and they're willing to let anyone take part in it, unlike fiat.

A idiotic investor, however, wouldn't even look into this new thing of currency.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
riddler

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:24:04 PM

The 200k is just the deposit. You still have to pay the full bid amount (likely close to the market price for 3,000 btc

Wouldn't it be the final bid amount + auction fees minus the 200k deposit? Where is a million dollar lottery ticket when you need it!

We're doing exactly this. Take a look https://www.govcoins.com

Is there a min buy in?

Folks, the btx group bid off -- we won't be able to get the necessary operations in place, in time.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:49:39 AM

The 200k is just the deposit. You still have to pay the full bid amount (likely close to the market price for 3,000 btc

Wouldn't it be the final bid amount + auction fees minus the 200k deposit? Where is a million dollar lottery ticket when you need it!

Is there a min buy in?

Folks, the btx group bid off -- we won't be able to get the necessary operations in place, in time.

Are you still going to charge everyone $100 for depositing their money with you since you were not able to get everything in place in time?
riddler

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:29:01 AM

Is there a min buy in?

Are you still going to charge everyone $100 for depositing their money with you since you were not able to get everything in place in time?

No.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:24:38 PM

On the other hand, I have not given up.

If you are interested, please fill out my survey listed in my signature.

I have asked to borrow $200,000 from a bank to be sent to the US Marshals Service with my bidder registration, and I have asked the US Marshals Service for clarification on whether I can submit a group bid so long as I submit information on section 1B and 1E of the bidder's form for each person with at 5% or more interest in the group.  I would need to have the USD on deposit in time to send in the winning bid on time.

This is not a deal for people who are confrontational with the FBI or US Marshals Service, or who are unwilling to submit their identity documents as a part of the deal.  On the other hand, if we are the only bidders to come forward, we can get BTC at only 10% of the market price.

If the bid fails, I will return all the funds, less any wire transfer or other bank charged amounts.  If the deal goes through, I will keep 3% of the bitcoins as my compensation.

I was a part of the USD refund after the bitfloor exchange failed.  If you were also part of that refund, you may wish to have USD in your related account, just in case.

If anyone has thoughts on how a multi-sig address can be used to make people feel more confident, please feel free to discuss.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:25:29 PM

I have corresponded with the US Marshals Service regarding the prospect of a group buy.  Their response was brief:

The registered bidder is responsible for making certifications regarding any individuals in a bidder syndicate/consortium.  You will need to submit your packet and deposit before noon tomorrow.  You will also need to show proof of available funds to cover your anticipated bid.

I take this to mean that they will approve of a group buy, and my basic approach is acceptable.

Mined

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:34:16 PM

I have proposed a group buy for this same purpose on another thread in the Marketplace section, and currently it appears that I am the only one who has the $200,000 USD ready for the deposit which will be required sooner than later.

I think if we want to make this happen all of the group-buy organizers need to synergize.
fairlay

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:21:45 PM

We have put some predictions for this topic on the market.

For example will the price of the Block B be higher then the lowest Block A?
People think that this will happen - if you don't and you are right you get 1.5 times your money back:

https://www.fairlay.com/event/category/bitcoin/price/

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:32:05 PM

I have proposed a group buy for this same purpose on another thread in the Marketplace section, and currently it appears that I am the only one who has the $200,000 USD ready for the deposit which will be required sooner than later.

I think if we want to make this happen all of the group-buy organizers need to synergize.

Can you link to that thread?

fairlay

Activity: 443

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 07:33:28 PM

I guess it is this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=662178.0

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
cashforbtc

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:22:41 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2021, 11:52:00 PM by cashforbtc

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: