Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Price is NOT VALUE - Why leave Coin Validity to TRADING Exchanges~  (Read 736 times)
Post-Cosmic (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:25:46 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 07:43:55 PM by Post-Cosmic

So when will we stop relying on TRADING exchange markets' volume & owners' arbitrary interest, to gauge coins' actual relevant & potential use, value innovative features & overall legitimacy..??

I've been in Mr Net's publicly advertised pumps on Jun 8th for instance, look at the LGD chart, that was us, tripled my acct that day, major success, so I know it works, & how.

When an orderbook is that thin (old shtcoin dev ran away long ago) a simple .7 BTC buys up to x2.5-x4.5 the current price........ that just makes ppl excited & provides great up/down opportunities, rinse-repeat during & after pump. That's the #1 reason I've even thought of doing this - it seems ridiculous that all these 'dust' & tiny sums clogging up dead forgotten markets' orderbooks would present an 'obstacle' to price. It can & will explode a few times over the second someone buys up not even half 1BTC worth.. Were I not so broke I could do it daily just for the hell of it, these old coins' charts all show odd price spikes here & there, someone deciding to buy up all the low-hanging sell walls & propelling the price & volume ever so slightly.

These are dead old shtcoins that were abandoned million years ago by scammy devs, TGC for example just another get-rich-quick for the dev, another among the hundreds of irrelevantly-named/themed Scrypt joke clone shtcoins.. What does it possibly change/hurt that suddenly there's tons of abnormal extra volume for hours/days during & after the pump event, it only turns a dead market into something worthwhile for a bit & gives the exchange extra fees capital so they can invest it in crypto as they have. Tons of bagholders whose orders don't even show in orderbook right now, aka they are suffering but are holding out for such long term that their orders won't stop a pump for a good while - until they notice it, at which point this actually provides them a service in allowing them yet 1 more chance to rescue their paper loss from eons ago..

Guess devs all hate pumps 'cause they don't realize the value of the coin isn't the price - it shouldn't be based on its market BTC or USD price nor whether it is trading-exchange-listed & at what kind of volume/lack thereof, ffs. They shouldn't let it get to them when obviously greedy raging mediocrity-subscribed regular users scream at them after buying their coin & the price tanks or gets dumped, not doing their diligent market research..

Investing =/= Trading, this is why the share price of a publicly-traded corporate stock isn't ever meant to be a true indicator of said corporation's goods, projects & services' worth & potential - it's a rough pointer at best. When facebook was private pre-IPO, even a finance-savvy/trading user didn't worry about the company's price ticker worth. They EXPERIENCED how much worth and potential it had, with all the active, relevant use they were using its services for right now - Now when FB stock falls $1.00 during intraday trade, it's not suddenly a better or worse service for users when they login. It's the same exact service provided, especially as so often big 'news/rumor'-based price swings are FUD-based, not facts-based off the real plans & work done from the company or altcoin owners / developers. Alts should be considered the same as equity stocks, price-agnostic ideally, from all this market whining.

The price is not the value-of-use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

I don't think it'll change any time soon. The majority of people don't see altcoins as the experiments that they are, they only see an investment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: