Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PRCDice.eu - Largest Dice invest site - Open since 2013! Chat, Play, Invest!  (Read 89214 times)
wayshegoes

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I lost the liqour money boys...

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

It's pretty clear Dean doesn't want your help. You spend your days parked on these forums antagonising Dean for his day to day operations. You are not the internet police and have no stake in PRC. Nobody has ever been cheated there and for the most part things run smoothly. If they haven't, Dean has always made it good. I'm not mad at all, it's just his site is around longer than yours was and it's still operational. There is absolutely no need for any of your input, and for the most part it's not helpful. What's the point?

People lost a shit tonne in a site you de-facto advertised (agree or don't, it's the truth). Worry about those investor coins instead of PRC's investor coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PRC_May

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:52:07 PM

It's pretty clear Dean doesn't want your help. You spend your days parked on these forums antagonising Dean for his day to day operations. You are not the internet police and have no stake in PRC. Nobody has ever been cheated there and for the most part things run smoothly. If they haven't, Dean has always made it good. I'm not mad at all, it's just his site is around longer than yours was and it's still operational. There is absolutely no need for any of your input, and for the most part it's not helpful. What's the point?

People lost a shit tonne in a site you de-facto advertised (agree or don't, it's the truth). Worry about those investor coins instead of PRC's investor coins.

Even though I try to stay out of Bitcointalk preschool issues (since it's obviously useless to argue) I agree with this statement 100%.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:05:57 PM

It's pretty clear Dean doesn't want your help. You spend your days parked on these forums antagonising Dean for his day to day operations.

It takes a pretty twisted view of things to see my offer of help as antagonising.

It's clear that the site is having problems. This isn't the first time there has been a serious issue with the coding.

Then there's this:

There was some unexpected server issues last night that caused a couple of the virtual machines to go offline.
This happens now and again and it's usually easy to just bring them back on. This can cause downtime from a few minutes to an hour.

It sounds like he expects to get unexpected server issues, and the solution is to just restart them.

That's concerning, and like you say I don't even have any coins at PRC. This kind of thing shouldn't happen "now and again" on a production server.

You are not the internet police and have no stake in PRC. Nobody has ever been cheated there and for the most part things run smoothly. If they haven't, Dean has always made it good. I'm not mad at all, it's just his site is around longer than yours was and it's still operational. There is absolutely no need for any of your input, and for the most part it's not helpful. What's the point?

Do you think any of your input was helpful? Most of the stuff I have posted about PRC has been pointing out problems with the site and how it is run. Sure that can be seen as "negative" but it can also be seen as an opportunity to improve. Most sites, when you point out something that's wrong with them, go out of their way to fix it.

I never claimed to be the police or to have any stake in PRC. I don't really understand the point of your post. PRC has been up longer than JD? OK, what of it?

I advertised a dice site and people lost coins on it, that's true. I went to great lengths to make it clear that I didn't know the operators, didn't know whether they were trustworthy, and that people should make their own decision on whether to invest or not. The loss of those coins happened already. Worrying about them now won't do any good. The PRC coins haven't been lost yet and so paying attention to those could still save them.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
wayshegoes

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:21:41 PM

It doesn't take a twisted view, just ask Dean over PM. You're wasting your time. He's aware of the problems and really doesn't need your help (believe it or not). If it concerns you that's fine, but it's not your concern. PRC has ran fine for 18 months without you and will probably continue running without you, that's my point. Gamblers and investors can determine their own levels of risk using PRC without your less than helpful "help".

uv is right, open just-dice and console the dicebitco.in investors. It would give you something better to do.
noma

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:42:58 PM

Dean any updates on what the issue was?

Dean in the background

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
wayshegoes

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:47:12 PM

Dean any updates on what the issue was?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=663326.msg8859227#msg8859227
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:59:01 PM

It doesn't take a twisted view, just ask Dean over PM. You're wasting your time. He's aware of the problems and really doesn't need your help (believe it or not). If it concerns you that's fine, but it's not your concern. PRC has ran fine for 18 months without you and will probably continue running without you, that's my point. Gamblers and investors can determine their own levels of risk using PRC without your less than helpful "help".

The thing is that PRC hasn't run fine. It has a history of avoidable technical problems and bad customer support. It has had little luck attracting and retaining any custom, presumably due to one of both of these issues. It's only 6 days since the last technical mishap (and I'm the idiot?) and now there's a new one. How long until a more serious issue shows itself?

After closing down JD I was looking for a site to invest in. I played a little with PRC and was considering and playing there but the hassle I had dealing with Dean in the chat really put me off. I imagine many have had a similar experience since as you say the site has been up for over a year but still has almost no action.

If you don't like me posting, you can click the 'ignore' button next to my posts. I won't mind at all if you stop responding to me.

That doesn't answer the question:

There was some unexpected server issues last night

profits from players losses were not being distributed to investments properly

Will post updates as soon as I have more information.

It tells us there were unspecified unexpected issues, and the was a (presumably unrelated) bug, but doesn't give details of either. What kind of issues? And how do you distribute losses incorrectly just some of the time? Transparency is useful in building trust.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Phrenico

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:06:25 PM

I think over the course of a few hours the glitch manifested. My profit was -0.9 and jumped up to -0.6 next time I logged on, without significant changes to site profit. I figured I had gotten lucky and someone divested then invested during a win/loss streak respectively, or that it was just a display error. I didn't withdraw and I didn't notice site investment drop at all after I saw my profit rise. And I'm not sure whether my profit was on net, hurt or helped; I just saw an abrupt change in one direction.

Shortly after I noticed this, Dean closed the site. I don't think much damage was done in that period of time, but we'll see I suppose.
wayshegoes

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:24:26 PM

The thing is that PRC hasn't run fine. It has a history of avoidable technical problems and bad customer support. It has had little luck attracting and retaining any custom, presumably due to one of both of these issues. It's only 6 days since the last technical mishap (and I'm the idiot?) and now there's a new one. How long until a more serious issue shows itself?
I see no "serious issue" here. I believe Dean addressed your concern shortly after.

PRC isn't perfect, I never said it was. But people like it, Dean is a nice guy and has always looked after any users of his site. It wouldn't be the first time a dice site had a UI "issues" anyway. "How does this user win every 5% bet?". Nobody is perfect, and despite what many will think, neither are you.

People trust Dean, even though he isn't perfect. Trust is all people have in these situations, and for the time being I believe him to be the most trustworthy site operator. If you can't see why your posts aren't really helpful you need to work on your people skills doog. If Dean doesn't think you are helping, and users reading your posts don't think you're helping, then you're probably not actually helping.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 07:53:02 PM

I see no "serious issue" here. I believe Dean addressed your concern shortly after.

PRC isn't perfect, I never said it was. But people like it, Dean is a nice guy and has always looked after any users of his site. It wouldn't be the first time a dice site had a UI "issues" anyway. "How does this user win every 5% bet?". Nobody is perfect, and despite what many will think, neither are you.

People trust Dean, even though he isn't perfect. Trust is all people have in these situations, and for the time being I believe him to be the most trustworthy site operator. If you can't see why your posts aren't really helpful you need to work on your people skills doog. If Dean doesn't think you are helping, and users reading your posts don't think you're helping, then you're probably not actually helping.

I'll give you this, it takes serious stones to argue with d00g, especially when he's only trying to offer help. Otherwise I can't give you much.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Phrenico

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 07:53:46 PM

If you can't see why your posts aren't really helpful you need to work on your people skills doog. If Dean doesn't think you are helping, and users reading your posts don't think you're helping, then you're probably not actually helping.

This I don't get. Doog's actions are consistent with an interest in helping PRC.

I'm not entirely surprised that Dean didn't take him up on his offer though; if the code is buggy, what's the guarantee that Doog won't use that information to promote a competitor?

This seems to me like an honest conflict; I don't think there are any bad guys here.

I just want PRC up and running Tongue
PRC_May

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:00:22 PM

Doog has been trolling PRC that's all.
He obviously likes the demigod status he has on bitcointalk.

I hope Dean gets the site back up soon. Seems like everybody in the bitcoin game needs to test their stuff more before release. A lot of bugs lately. (Also outside of the degening scene)
chazley

Activity: 395
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 08:33:54 PM

Dooglus has been spot on in this thread since the site went down. There are lots of examples of mistakes showed by Dean and it has surely showed itself in this situation. It seems that there was a potentially major bug that was caught early, but if it hadn't been could have permanently crippled the site. That is scary. I trust Dean 100% with my money and that is the most important thing, but these continued hiccups and critical bugs are going to cost this site the necessary trust to grow big.

I have made the point to Dean directly in PRC chat before that there has been petty arguments/disagreements between Doog/Dean in the past, and really both of them are to blame, but it would be hugely beneficial to the community and to PRC to have the two of them working together to make PRC a much better site. I think this situation has really made this evident, and maybe from this something good happens in that regard.
wayshegoes

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:35:49 PM

It's Dean's site, he'll deal with it how he deals with it. If that doesn't make players/investors happy they'll go somewhere else. It should be more than clear he won't take dooglus' help, whether it's a personal thing or whatever. Dean doesn't appreciate it anyway, that much is clear. Dean caught the bug early and is fixing it. It might not be the fastest fix but I'm pretty sure Dean works full-time on top of his other obligations.

I have nothing but respect for dooglus, and he seems to be one of the rare few out there who can be entrusted with others' money, but his level of involvement in this thread and PRC in general is something Dean seemingly doesn't want and really there is no need for it. Maybe I interpret pointing out nitty-gritty flaws as negative when in reality it should be positive. I don't think it's necessarily helpful to continually point out minor flaws with someone else's work if nothing is really at stake (UI bug), but obviously this flaw is more serious. This is presumably the reason Dean took the site down for as long as he did.... to fix a critical bug that has seemingly never arisen before.

If people think Dean isn't up to the task then it will effect his site negatively, but it's his choice and only time will tell how his choices will affect the success of his site.

Just my 2c
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 09:53:02 PM

Doog has been trolling PRC that's all.
He obviously likes the demigod status he has on bitcointalk.

I hope Dean gets the site back up soon. Seems like everybody in the bitcoin game needs to test their stuff more before release. A lot of bugs lately. (Also outside of the degening scene)

How is he trolling offering help publicly?!

I guess to me if someone like doog was offering to help me I'd shut up n take the help (if needed.)

I think deans upset that I grabbed the .com so he is makin a break for it! Funnel some of that shit into HUC plz n ty!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
PRC_May

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 09:58:16 PM

If you really want to find out how read both PRC threads from start to finish.
I don't recommend to though haha.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 10:07:01 PM

If you really want to find out how read both PRC threads from start to finish.
I don't recommend to though haha.

About to say I'd rather slam my pee pee in the door than do that Tongue

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dirtysocks

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:15:57 PM

if doog wants to help, that's a good thing....

i'm sure doog's intentions are good....

PocketRocketsCasino (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 11:16:51 PM

Sorry for delay in updates/site going up.

I've been double checking everything, making sure every satoshi is accounted for here.

Still need to run more tests and to be honest this could take all night.
It's 12am where I am, I've not slept in around 40 hours.
I'm going to run these final tests during the night and open things again in the morning.

Again sorry for the inconvenience. Your coins are 100% safe.

a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:42:48 AM

Sorry for delay in updates/site going up.

I've been double checking everything, making sure every satoshi is accounted for here.

Still need to run more tests and to be honest this could take all night.
It's 12am where I am, I've not slept in around 40 hours.
I'm going to run these final tests during the night and open things again in the morning.

Again sorry for the inconvenience. Your coins are 100% safe.

Thanks Dean for the update!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: