Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:41:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to GPU Mine for best profit  (Read 2513 times)
CroMiner (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:23:06 PM

Once more, I don't have any problems with configuring my conf file..

The Main problem I have is I don't know how to update my sgminer 4.0.0. to the Miltialgo sgminer 5.0.

So once more, Can anyone tell me How to update to the new sgminer via BAMT terminal to be able to mine any Algo ?
2941digger

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:00:41 PM

as far as i understand, your not going to be "updating" sgminer 4.

your going to be not using it and using the new sgminer.

so, once more Wink, you need to download it first. either with the built in browser or the terminal.

i did a search for you and found some instructions here.

http://tabletuser.blogspot.com/2014/06/nicehash-mining-using-bamt.html

1. create "sgminer5" folder using terminal "mkdir /home/user/sgminer5" or ctrl+n in File Manager from target folder (home/user).

2. download sgminer-5.0-pre-release-2014-06-22-linux-i386.zip from Nicehash software page https://nicehash.com/software/ LINKor terminal
 "wget https://nicehash.com/software/sgminer-5.0-pre-release-2014-06-22-linux-i386.zip"
 using file manager copy to new folder you just created (sgminer5)

3. from File Manager, while in sgminer5 folder, open terminal (F4) and enter "unzip *.zip"

4. from terminal "export DISPLAY=:0 && export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1 && export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100" or remove the && and do one at a time.

5. from terminal "aticonfig --adapter=all --odgt" should see all your cards, if not rerun #4, #5, reboot, #4, #5, give up.

6. test sgminer from terminal "./sgminer -n" should run a good report.

7. In terminal "wget https://www.nicehash.com/multialgo/sgminer-multi-7950.conf" then "leafpad *.conf" or from browser https://www.nicehash.com/multialgo/sgminer-multi-7950.conf LINK

8. Your sgminer.conf is located in /root/.sgminer/ so make sure you "Show Hidden" or ctrl+h for File Manager to see it or in terminal "leafpad /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf" Copy paste contents into your sgminer.conf.  I bookmark sgminer.conf location to make it easier.

9. Edit and add your BTC address to each pool address.  I changed my password to "d=0.08" for X11 and X13. I also deleted the last pool entry (remove that last comma).  After making changes use the JSON validator to find errors, saved me lots of wasted time.
http://jsonlint.com/ LINK  i.e., "password" : ""x"" in download conf is invalid so change to "x"

You can start mining by running "./sgminer" from "/home/user/sgminer5" takes about a minute for screen to appear.

-optional

10.  You can create a bash script and label it "x11.sh", make sure you terminal "chmod a+x x11.sh" so it will execute the commands below or use File Manager to change permissions and check the execute button.

added this for clarity: You created and empty file and name it "x11.sh"? and made it executable? No then with File Manager in the /home/user/ folder using mouse: "right click - New- Blank File"
then "right click - leafpad" and add content below.  If leafpad option doesn't appear, do F4 "leafpad x11.sh" or whatever name you just gave that new file.

#!/bin/bash
sudo /etc/init.d/mine stop
sleep 30
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
cd /home/user/sgminer5
screen ./sgminer

Now from terminal you can "./x11.sh" just have to be in the user/home folder, thats the default location for lxterminal to open.
I was able to use this guide for PIMP OS and get it working, but I had to "sudo apt-get install pcmanfm" and "sudo apt-get install lxterminal" I launched pcmanfm and lxterminal from Tux Commander, look for box with "root@pimp" beside it.  I found the include file manager and terminal annoying to use.

Hit the like button, or something like that. Leave me a note if you found this guide helpful.  Should I include screen shot, pictures in future guides?

Posted 3 days ago by cesar jimenez
CroMiner (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:28:35 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 02:15:36 AM by CroMiner

Really thanks for the instructions my friend, but as you can notice I am a Newbie regarding BAMT update/configuration.

I think the BEST OPTION for me is to download a BAMT version which already has this Multialgo sgminer 5.0 and to just flash my USB Stick-s for each Miner with the NEW BAMT which has the required Multialgo Miner..

Is there any ready to download BAMT image which already has this Multialgo sgminer 5.0 ?
CroMiner (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:08:42 PM

What is the LATEST version of BAMT that I can download and add to my USB stick to boot my Miner with ready to go Scrypt, Scrypt-n, x11, x13, Keccak etc. sgminer so all I have to do is to edit the conf file and start Mining..

Please help me out here, need this BAMT version that can mine anything by only configuring the conf file..

My miner is not working right now, TIME is Money, Please help me out here  Sad
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 07:21:50 PM

What is the LATEST version of BAMT that I can download and add to my USB stick to boot my Miner with ready to go Scrypt, Scrypt-n, x11, x13, Keccak etc. sgminer so all I have to do is to edit the conf file and start Mining..

Please help me out here, need this BAMT version that can mine anything by only configuring the conf file..

My miner is not working right now, TIME is Money, Please help me out here  Sad

Replied on your other thread.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
Aricoin_Mike

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:05:11 PM

Is anybody mining here: https://nicehash.com/ I heard it is very good pool to mine!

Hi there, please use poolpicker.eu to get the latest stats on various mining pool profitability's and reviews..

Thank you for this information.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: