Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD]  (Read 139875 times)
deliciousowl

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:58:55 AM

I've been following SWARM since before it was even official, and the SWARM team is clever and motivated so I don't really understand the whining here. It appears people want things to happen instantaneously, without giving that much thought.  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeeman

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:44:08 PM

I've been following SWARM since before it was even official, and the SWARM team is clever and motivated so I don't really understand the whining here. It appears people want things to happen instantaneously, without giving that much thought.  Huh

I agree, it's a beautiful startup. And you can get in by creating a counterwallet on Counterparty (5 minutes of work). Get some coins using Poloniex and store
the coins in your counterwalletwallet. After the 5th of november you will get coins of 5 new projects paid out as dividend. I think it's a great idea. Within a couple
of years you get paid out maybe 20 or 40 different coins. If one of those projects goes to the moon, a lot of money can be made.   
Bisha

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:02:29 PM

Could someone explain to me how can one make profit out of swarm? I mean, does every crowdfunded company distribute shares to all swarm holders for example?

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
zeeman

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:44:19 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 10:11:39 PM by zeeman

Could someone explain to me how can one make profit out of swarm? I mean, does every crowdfunded company distribute shares to all swarm holders for example?

Yes they do, as long as your coins are in a counterwallet. If your coins are at Poloniex you don't receive the coins as dividend.
That's the great thing about Counterparty. No more Swarmcoins can ever be created, but Swarmcorp can pay you coins as dividend as long as these
coins run on Counterparty. So the 5th of november, 5 projects will be launched, and within days you will get a number of these coins as dividend.
People already received Comiccoins for the Hunt for Satosi. That's the great potential of Swarmcoin. Maybe someday a very profitable project is launched and
you already have the coins before other people do. And you got them for free by owning Swarmcoins in your counterwallet.

Here's a look at my counterwallet. I blurred my name and adress. But as you can see, I have Swarmpre. That was the first coin launched by Swarmcorp. The holders got
payed out SWARM as dividend on the SWARM-pre coins. We all got coins to vote and we choose "issue". So we got even more Swarmcoins by just being holder of the Swarmpre.
The first project on Swarm was a testcase and payed out Comiccoins as a dividend. I also bought some extra SWARM on Poloniex. They're here a well.
Got myself some StorJcoins and Counterpartycoins as well. I believe Crypto 2.0 is gonna be huge.......  Tongue

So the most easy step to get some SWARM is by creating a counterwallet at: https://counterwallet.io/
The next step is to create an account at: https://www.poloniex.com/ and buy some Swarm using BTC.
The next step is to sent the SWARM to your counterwallet and relax and wait for the dividends from the projects to come in  Cool

Bisha

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:35:31 PM

Yes they do, as long as your coins are in a counterwallet. If your coins are at Poloniex you don't receive the coins as dividend.
That's the great thing about Counterparty. No more Swarmcoins can ever be created, but Swarmcorp can pay you coins as dividend as long as these
coins run on Counterparty. So the 5th of november, 5 projects will be launched, and within days you will get a number of these coins as dividend.
People already received Comiccoins for the Hunt for Satosi. That's the great potential of Swarmcoin. Maybe someday a very profitable project is launched and
you already have the coins before other people do. And you got them for free by owning Swarmcoins in your counterwallet.

Here's a look at my counterwallet. I blurred my name and adress. But as you can see, I have Swarmpre. That was the first coin launched by Swarmcorp. The holders got
payed out SWARM as dividend on the SWARM-pre coins. We all got coins to vote and we choose "issue". So we got even more Swarmcoins by just being holder of the Swarmpre.
The first project on Swarm was a testcase and payed out Comiccoins as a dividend. I also bought some extra SWARM on Poloniex. They're here a well.
Got myself some StorJcoins and Counterpartycoins as well. I believe Crypto 2.0 is gonna be huge.......  Tongue

So the most easy step to get some SWARM is by creating a counterwallet at: https://counterwallet.io/
The next step is to create an account at: https://www.poloniex.com/ and buy some Swarm using BTC.
The next step is to sent the SWARM to your counterwallet and relax and wait for the dividends from the projects to come in  Cool

doesnt counter party have its own decentralized exchange? Tbh I dont trust most exchanges.. Also, to have equity on those companies, I only need to have my coins at the 5th of November right? Will some kind of snapshot be taken to the blockchain and each person get their respective shares? What if after that I trade my swarm coins, do I still to get shares from those projects? Also, is there a specific date and hour for that event on the 5th of November where I must have my swarmcoins on my wallet at that specific time to get the shares?

Stratis: Same supply as Ethereum + Masternodes + ICOs + Bitcoin a Core Dev. 90% cheaper than Eth. Do the math.
zeeman

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:09:45 AM

Counterparty does have an exchange. I used it a couple of times but I don't like it because it is very slow. It works on the Bitcoin blockchain so when I place an offer to buy some coins
it can take a long time untill someone fills it. There's also almost no volume on that exchange. I rather use Poloniex and sent my coins to my counterwallet when I have them.
I don't like to store my coins online as well. But Counterwallet and Omniwallet (Mastercoin) work in a different way. They have to be quite evil to steal your coins. Your password/login won't
leave your webbrowser. So they have to put some evil code on their websever to fool you. For as far as I know there are no binaries which you can run on your PC. Mastercoin is working on something
like that and used to have that kind of software.

From the website

Even if you only want to get the extra coins on the 5th of november you'll need a place to store these new coins. Counterwallet is your only choice then, as far a I know.
My BTC and other crypto's are stored on my PC running the wallets. For these 2.0 projects that's quite hard. So I take the little risk with the online wallets Counterwallet and Omniwallet.
With Counterwallet I can store StorJcoins, Counterpartycoins, SWARM, BTC and more to come.
With Omniwallet I can store Maidsafecoins, Mastercoins, etc.
Hope to see some software for my PC so I can store them even more safe at home.

deliciousowl

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:25:49 PM

For as far as I know there are no binaries which you can run on your PC.

You could run the counterpartyd command line client which communicates with Bitcoin Core, or (a bit tricky) run a counterwallet locally.

Bisha

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:40:16 PM

any reason why the price is going down so much?

zeeman

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:59:13 AM

any reason why the price is going down so much?

Now it's up again, but on very low volume. That's the big problem, not many people know about SWARM so there's a low
volume in trading. To me that's a great opportunity as well, I can buy in a bit every day. And when the rest of the cryptoinvestors
discover SWARM I'm already in.
sharky101

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:53:11 PM

Guys please help support the thunderclap campaign:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/17500-remember-the-5th-of-november?locale=en

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:55:53 AM

Is there a reason to stack up and move Swarm out of the exchanges before the 5th of November ?
zeeman

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

Is there a reason to stack up and move Swarm out of the exchanges before the 5th of November ?

I'm buying some everyday. For every Swarmcoin I have in my counterwallet, I'll get new coins from new projects payed out as dividend. If things with SWARM
(or one of these projects!) work out a price below 1 cent can be a great buy. Swarmcoins bring you more coins for free. That's my mantra.   
zeeman

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 01:59:36 PM

Price going up, volume going up. No longer just 200$ in volume but today over 2000$

pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
November 05, 2014, 06:19:50 PM

In 12 hours they will announce their projects...
Should be interesting to follow.
Matt Y

Activity: 647
Merit: 510

Counterpartying

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 04:42:03 AM

Swarm has partnered with Techstars and Techstars has made an investment in Swarm.

This is from the live stream of their demo day, which is taking place now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_hj9Za7iOc

sharky101

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 01:23:24 PM

So as a swarm coin holder I get some coins for these new companies also? If this is the case, when do the class one coins get distributed to swarm coin holders?

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 11:57:16 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 03:37:59 PM by bitcoinrocks

I have a few questions about SWARM.

Can more Swarmcoins be issued to dilute the current holders' share?

Do Swarmcoins have any utility besides generating dividends?

Are dividends issued to Swarmcoin holders only once for each new SWARM project?  If so, at what point are they issued?

How is the number of dividend coins distributed per Swarmcoin determined?

There is a lot of talk here about November 5th.  Were dividends distributed on that day?
zeeman

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:51:31 AM

I have a few questions about SWARM.

Can more Swarmcoins be issued to dilute the current holders' share?

Do Swarmcoins have any utility besides generating dividends?

Are dividends issued to Swarmcoin holders only once for each new SWARM project?  If so, at what point are they issued?

How is the number of dividend coins distributed per Swarmcoin determined?

There is a lot of talk here about November 5th.  Were dividends distributed on that day?

1. No, there are 100.000.000 Swarmcoins. It's locked using Counterparty, no more coins can ben created.
I think Sarmcorp still has 60% of all the coins, so they can do a new round for inverstors. But no more coins will
be created.

2. I don''t think they have. People (like me) use it to get new coins and for speculation. If some great projects come from SWARM people will buy more Swarmcoins to get the dividends.

3. Don't know when they're issued. I justed took a look at my wallet but no new coins yet.

4. I think it was something like 3% of the coins from a new project will be divided to all the coinholders. So Swarmcorp get the coins themselves because they have like 60% of all the coins.

5. On the 5th of novembere there was the presentation of 5 project. See video below. Still no coins in my wallet, but the first week as a Swarmcoin-holder you can buy new coins exclusively.
    (didn't try that, check their website for info).

Video 5th of november
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_hj9Za7iOc

I'n not working for SWARM, just an investor. Hope the SWARM-people will reply themselves.

bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:14:48 PM

I think Swarmcorp still has 60% of all the coins, so they can do a new round for investors.

I think it was something like 3% of the coins from a new project will be divided to all the coinholders.

Can anyone confirm these items?  I'm also still interested to know when dividend coins are issued.
jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:49:23 AM

I think Swarmcorp still has 60% of all the coins, so they can do a new round for investors.

I think it was something like 3% of the coins from a new project will be divided to all the coinholders.

Can anyone confirm these items?  I'm also still interested to know when dividend coins are issued.

4. I think it was something like 3% of the coins from a new project will be divided to all the coinholders. So Swarmcorp get the coins themselves because they have like 60% of all the coins.

If they get 60% of all 3% that is really much. If i remember right they had vote about making next round or share some coins with first rounds investors or burn other coins. What is situation now?

Also your forum is down? And when it was there no have any real update in months or answers for questions.  What you are doing now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: