Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:54:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60560 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:45:38 PM

Everything should remain the same. The name SC Silkcoin. The graphics. Why because it is the highest quality so far and hasn't been improved upon. Nobody gives a rats ass about rebranding just get  the old SC back with new Devs and work on whats important the Ecosystem.

Dont get me wrong im not an idiot and i understand the process of final revision. Its great that people are attempting to create something better its just hasnt been showen yet, so lets just keep the original works because they were abandoned. All we need is a new Dev team. I personally dont trust the community to make final decisions because most of them lack the skills needed yet they still want to make decisions(not everyone just majority.

I really like the way trello worked out. I may use that in the future, but open it up more.

Of course the problem is - Old Silk site can't be taken down, Old forum can't be taken down, old twitter and facebook sites are still up etc.. Is there anyway to get rid of these?..  Anyone know the old devs? 

Seems by overwhelming support that silkcoin should remain the same.  I'll agree with that, but somehow have to figure out how to get rid of these old silk links/sites.

I view Community decisions are based on what is done with their donation and pledge money, paying devs, fundraising campaigns, management etc.  And would have the power to vote someone out if they weren't doing their job.

Yes we need a dev team, and buy the looks of the escrow.  SilkCoin is Hiring.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:20:53 PM

Everything should remain the same. The name SC Silkcoin. The graphics. Why because it is the highest quality so far and hasn't been improved upon. Nobody gives a rats ass about rebranding just get  the old SC back with new Devs and work on whats important the Ecosystem.

Dont get me wrong im not an idiot and i understand the process of final revision. Its great that people are attempting to create something better its just hasnt been showen yet, so lets just keep the original works because they were abandoned. All we need is a new Dev team. I personally dont trust the community to make final decisions because most of them lack the skills needed yet they still want to make decisions(not everyone just majority.

I really like the way trello worked out. I may use that in the future, but open it up more.

Of course the problem is - Old Silk site can't be taken down, Old forum can't be taken down, old twitter and facebook sites are still up etc.. Is there anyway to get rid of these?..  Anyone know the old devs?  

Seems by overwhelming support that silkcoin should remain the same.  I'll agree with that, but somehow have to figure out how to get rid of these old silk links/sites.

I view Community decisions are based on what is done with their donation and pledge money, paying devs, fundraising campaigns, management etc.  And would have the power to vote someone out if they weren't doing their job.

Yes we need a dev team, and buy the looks of the escrow.  SilkCoin is Hiring.

Not a problem, just create another one, the active one will become used. People know to be carefull and check urls and links. They also know a transformation has occurred. The community manager can try and get them -taken -down or -over, but its not big deal.

You maybe your right about the donation money = community decisions. Lets see how it plays out.
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:40:10 PM

What about instead of voting we have different escrow accounts for different projects? That way the amount of money people want to put towards certain projects is more democratic? Voting for the next phase and then raising funds seems more cumbersome. Thoughts?
arteleis

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:42:38 PM

Guys, I am too old for Trello

I cant click all that, what do I click? You got a chat for old-people-assistance ?  Grin

You have enuff germans onboard?

Hey add hanzlambrecht@gmail.com and ill start a gchat with ya.  Anybody else too if interested.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:45:40 PM

Hey everyone, im totally cool with keeping the same logo and name etc.
Although i do see a few issues that it presents with domain names, facebook, twitter etc.

Ive come up with a few concept logos on trello etc, either way, Silk has to stay.
I loved the original website, but im sure we can even do it better as a community.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:45:51 PM

anyone else having trouble with the wallet?
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:47:46 PM

Download the 10.9.0 version.

It can take some time before it syncing!

arteleis

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

client 1.0.9 available for download at The Grand Bazaar on second list under specs.  Placed it at the top of the list.

ahbartsch

Activity: 165

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:16:29 PM

Do we have a stable mac version?
arteleis

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:23:49 PM

What about instead of voting we have different escrow accounts for different projects? That way the amount of money people want to put towards certain projects is more democratic? Voting for the next phase and then raising funds seems more cumbersome. Thoughts?

Very Good Idea.  The Silk cannot be all in the same place in any large amount (that amount to be decided), as I'm sure everyone can agree that the funding and continuation of this project should be protected in every way possible so one person cannot end what is being built by the community.

I think escrows for each department of the Silk management is a fantastic idea.  Can use main donation escrow to transfer into relevant department escrows for payment to devs, techs, projects etc.

arteleis

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:31:27 PM

Do we have a stable mac version?

Stable Mac, Unix, and updated Win versions are in the works.

Unfortunately no stable mac presently but nearing completion.

yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:39:04 PM

....Most of what needs to be done should be coming from the community; too many people sit around, helpless, begging for updates and waiting for the dev to come save the day (as a coin dev myself, I know the feeling) - it needs to be a community effort. If the coin isn't broken... let the dev worry about the coin, the integrity of the network, etc and the community should be handling everything else.

We hear you and thank you bholzer. We have a strong community working to rebuild this coin and we are ready to help with whatever you need.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:40:04 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 11:03:01 PM by nzminer

Either way, we just need to focus with the new wallet first.
Restore confidence in the community and worry about each thing one step at a time.
The online marketplace is not going to happen overnight either, and i wouldnt want bholzer to feel like hes obligated to design it all by himself.

Re-branding we can worry about later, yes a new logo is probably not a bad idea, but we should stay faithful to the original design and branding which naturally attracted all of us to this coin.

Recruiting new devs that can work with the community is #1 Priority, then we can brainstorm ideas and have the community vote on what ones to go for.

Somethings that have been discussed (like being able to change address) may not even be possible it seems, so we need the developers to discuss with the community about whats realistic.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 10:46:50 PM

Wow this just gets worse and worse. I had just bought back in too. WHen will I ever learn.  Cheesy

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
yell4george

Activity: 232

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:59:33 PM

Wow this just gets worse and worse. I had just bought back in too. WHen will I ever learn.  Cheesy

Worse? The community stepped up today and got us trading on all exchanges again! Things are getting better imo
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:13:41 PM

Worse? The community stepped up today and got us trading on all exchanges again! Things are getting better imo

What did the community do exactly to accomplish this monumental endeavor?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:17:25 PM

Sent a email to mintpal support haha Grin
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:20:29 PM

Wow this just gets worse and worse. I had just bought back in too. WHen will I ever learn.  Cheesy

They're buying instead of dumping when the markets reopened. Not so much what we did but more a statement as to where most people see it going. At this point bholzer is going to make sure the wallet it stable, nothing more. We have to find a dev now, until then everything else is speculation and dreams.

<Insert favorite coin here>
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:25:31 PM

Wow this just gets worse and worse. I had just bought back in too. WHen will I ever learn.  Cheesy

They're buying instead of dumping when the markets reopened. Not so much what we did but more a statement as to where most people see it going. At this point bholzer is going to make sure the wallet it stable, nothing more. We have to find a dev now, until then everything else is speculation and dreams.
Undecided

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:34:35 PM

There was a poll the other day. Last I saw "Silkcoin" was overtaking all the options. http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52

I really like "PhenoCoin" as a name but maybe just not for this particular coin.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: