Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:50:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MAshable Article about 3d Printing features a Bitcoin Ring (or Belt) by whom??  (Read 3145 times)
ptshamrock (OP)

Activity: 484
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:15:50 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2012, 02:27:09 PM by ptshamrock

Came across this on mashable .com title page

EDIT: Sorry somehow i can`t get it bigger Sad  Can somebody please get an bigger Screenshot??  I am at the office..no time and the computers here suck..normaly i would just SnagIt Sad !

BUT I WANT THAT RING ! CASCASIUS CAN U DO THAT?  Smiley

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:38:19 PM

I can make a bitcoin ring in virtually any shape, size, or style you can imagine- in silver, white or yellow gold, palladium or platinum.  You can see some of my work here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=21939.0

I am also a Graduate Gemologist so if your design will use stones I can help you with those as well.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:42:07 PM

I'll have to think about a Bitcoin pinky ring.  Cool

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:43:02 PM

ptshamrock you made an image with a lot of white space, why? Just screenshot what you want, open paint, cut it, copy in a new file but before happily shrink the "white" space of paint. And paste what you want...

ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:43:08 PM

COOOOL! THX!

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:48:00 PM

ptshamrock you made an image with a lot of white space, why? Just screenshot what you want, open paint, cut it, copy in a new file but before happily shrink the "white" space of paint. And paste what you want...

I know..wasnt used to paint..but have no time now to do it again Smiley

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:55:16 PM

FTFY.  You can all send your bitcoin donations to 16pDN85h2aVq7oRMw4pt9kvstmYL4Qscbz.  Thanks.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:58:24 PM

FTFY.  You can all send your bitcoin donations to 16pDN85h2aVq7oRMw4pt9kvstmYL4Qscbz.  Thanks.
How about providing the actual link? That could go in the notable sources thread, if it isn't there already.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:59:38 PM

How about providing the actual link? That could go in the notable sources thread, if it isn't there already.

http://mashable.com/2012/02/26/3d-printing-change-worl/#502536-Manufacturing

But bitcoin is not mentioned htere as far as i could see..only that image Smiley

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 03:02:26 PM

http://mashable.com/2012/02/26/3d-printing-change-worl/#502536-Manufacturing

But bitcoin is not mentioned htere as far as i could see..only that image Smiley

Beat me to it.  No mention of bitcoin as far as I can tell.  Just that image.  Here's a bigger one:

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 06:01:51 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2012, 06:33:15 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Designer: http://www.shapeways.com/hisdesign?user_id=72177

https://twitter.com/goebat Being located in London, perhaps he'll be interested in meeting up with Naomi O’Leary: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65827.0

http://mashable.com/2012/02/17/3d-printer-internet-memes/#490618-Bit-Coin-Ring

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2012, 06:08:45 PM

WHO MADE THIS!

I want one !!

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
goebat

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 10:36:24 AM

Hi All,

I am the designer of this bitcoin ring.  I've posted about it in these forums before, but I haven't been promoting it as I don't currently have the means to sell the rings for bitcoin.  If you're willing to buy a bitcoin ring with dollars or euro, my shop is on the shapeways website:
www.shapeways.com/shops/toadstool

There are 2 different designs available there, and you can specify what size and material you would like the ring in (sterling silver, stainless steel, gold plated, bronze infused - check it out!)  The 2 pictures shown in this thread are in sterling silver and polished sterling silver.

Cheers!

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
ptshamrock (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:54:19 PM

Hi! cool finally ur there Smiley

Can u put in Private keys like the cascasius coins ?

I would surely buy some !

goebat

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 04:35:30 PM

@ptshamrock: Technically, I could add a private key to the design, but I don't think the 3D printers would be able to handle that kind of resolution yet, so the key would be illegible.  Sorry Sad

My Shapeways shop
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
FREE BTC every hour           |          More FREE BTC           |          Trade GH/s and mine BTC in the cloud           |          Scrypt cloud mining          |          Bitcoin Pyramid          |
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 06:03:31 PM

I will buy one if you accept Bitcoin.

I'm confused how one could go through the trouble and effort of making a physical Bitcoin ring, and not yet know how to accept Bitcoins themselves? Like knowing how to build a car from scratch but never having driven one Smiley
goebat

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 07:10:50 PM

@evoorhees: It's not that I don't know how to accept bitcoin as payment, but rather that in order to accept bitcoins, I first need to have the capital to purchase the rings with regular currency. The rings are then shipped to me (usually within about 3 weeks), and I need to ship them on to customers that wish to purchase using BTC.  I have done this and lost a fair amount of money in the process due to BTC price fluctuations, and I simply can't afford to lose any more money in the same way.  If people buy in Dollars or Euros from Shapeways, the rings get shipped straight to them without me having to act as the middleman and risk losing money due to price fluctuations, and I don't have to cover the unnecessary cost of extra shipping - it works out way cheaper for the buyers that way.

I realise that very few people are going to want to buy a bitcoin ring with Dollars or Euros, and that is why I haven't been promoting them.  In retrospect, it probably wasn't the most well thought out business venture, granted, but it is what it is, and for the moment the rings are available from Shapeways for Dollars or Euros, and they may or may not be available for purchase in BTC in the future - I can't make any promises.

My Shapeways shop
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:22:52 PM

@evoorhees: It's not that I don't know how to accept bitcoin as payment, but rather that in order to accept bitcoins, I first need to have the capital to purchase the rings with regular currency. The rings are then shipped to me (usually within about 3 weeks), and I need to ship them on to customers that wish to purchase using BTC.  I have done this and lost a fair amount of money in the process due to BTC price fluctuations, and I simply can't afford to lose any more money in the same way.  If people buy in Dollars or Euros from Shapeways, the rings get shipped straight to them without me having to act as the middleman and risk losing money due to price fluctuations, and I don't have to cover the unnecessary cost of extra shipping - it works out way cheaper for the buyers that way.

I realise that very few people are going to want to buy a bitcoin ring with Dollars or Euros, and that is why I haven't been promoting them.  In retrospect, it probably wasn't the most well thought out business venture, granted, but it is what it is, and for the moment the rings are available from Shapeways for Dollars or Euros, and they may or may not be available for purchase in BTC in the future - I can't make any promises.
If you want to make a business of it, and even sell other things, you should look at Bit-pay.com - they take care of the fluctuation risk for you, for a ~3% fee. Customer sends bitcoins, you get cash in your bank.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
goebat

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 07:26:27 PM

Thanks rjk - I'll check it out.

My Shapeways shop
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:39:03 PM

Thanks rjk - I'll check it out.

Yeah that's what I meant - there are numerous ways to accept BTC and receive USD. "Exchange rate fluctuations" is only something the ill-informed suffer from Wink

In any case, nice work on the ring! I'll be standing by with non-fiat money to make a purchase asap Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: