Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:09:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War  (Read 15693 times)
TonyZX

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:58:30 PM

What the hell happened to this thread??!!! Shocked

I just read the last few pages and would also like to know what's happened here! Not to use a soundbyte but really guys, what are you hoping to achieve with all this? Surely making peace not war is preferable to bashing - what will that do for any coin's success or the community image? Both are vitally important, I'm sure you wouldn't disagree there.

Peace, brother. IMO the best way to understand what coin is better is to wait a year or two and see what has happened to both.

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
David1978

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:36:42 PM

I just read the last few pages and would also like to know what's happened here! Not to use a soundbyte but really guys, what are you hoping to achieve with all this? Surely making peace not war is preferable to bashing - what will that do for any coin's success or the community image? Both are vitally important, I'm sure you wouldn't disagree there.

Peace, brother. IMO the best way to understand what coin is better is to wait a year or two and see what has happened to both.

Good point, i'm staying with Bytecoin.
jokudaman

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:10:21 PM

Good point, i'm staying with Bytecoin.
Me too. I was in love with XMR, but last two weeks literally convinced me to change my mind. It's become clear for me that XMR devs are scams
Rockefeller

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:30:32 PM

Me too. I was in love with XMR, but last two weeks literally convinced me to change my mind. It's become clear for me that XMR devs are scams

Seems like somebody did some research. Nice to see you here. Welcome to BCN community!
UnitedColors

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:34:24 PM

this incessant squawking about drk is completely off-topic.  why not start a drk vs cn war thread if that is what you want?

People just like to fight about different things. How about not starting any more war threads???
HornyMiner

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:46:13 PM

this incessant squawking about drk is completely off-topic.  why not start a drk vs cn war thread if that is what you want?

People just like to fight about different things. How about not starting any more war threads???
I'm in! Because i don't want to see how XMR scams are doing their dirty job.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 05:48:14 PM

I would go with BCN. Never go with the clone.
PizzaTraveler

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:00:54 PM

I would go with BCN. Never go with the clone.
You are smart guy, aren't you?

I can't say the same about XMR scams. They just learned only one phrase and can't stop repeating it.
darkota

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:02:06 PM

Darkcoin's Flaws:
[/size]
1) Darkcoin has a 50% instamine by it's own developers during launch, as the block reward was set to 500, and there was no windows wallets/miners. Evan, the developer, and Internetape, the other developer, instamined over 1million Darkcoin's within 24 hours.

2) Darkcoin's name itself, Darkcoin, will always be affiliated with illegal activity like the Darkweb, Drugs, etc, and the name itself ensures that Darkcoin will never reach anything close to mainstream acceptance.

3) Darkcoin's "anonymity" is based on coinjoin, it simply mixes users coins around, making it harder to track it. However, if even the slightest taint if found when mixing the coins, an investigator will be able to deduce who sent what and who received what. The maker of coinjoin, Gmaxwell, deeply criticized Darkcoin since it's coinjoin based "anonymity" is basically a joke.

4) Darkcoin's mixing system/coinjoin relies on something called Masternodes, Masternodes are nodes that are set up by people, anyone can set one up, and Masternodes are the things that mix the coin around. Masternodes also present many risks besides giving trivial "anonymity", if all masternodes are owned by one individual, he will be able to "de-anonymize" Darkcoin and see all transactions clearly.

5) Darkcoin's Masternode Payment system has forked the network many times, and has failed Twice in the effort to pay the owners of Masternodes.

6) Darkcoin's Masternode/Darksend system is closed source, so that means the developers could be stealing coins, or doing any other malicious things, and it will remain unnoticed

7) The Masternodes can always be DDOSed, effectively shutting them down, if the majority of Masternodes were taken offline(they are mostly hosted on Amazon servers), then Darkcoin's trivial anonymity will completely shut off

Cool There are many many other flaws, it will take up too much space to list, so I've listed the main ones.

Bytecoin's Flaws:

1) 82% instamine by a small group of miners over the course of 2 years

2) Bytecoin devs are shown to be incompetant, they recently tried copy/pasting code from other Cryptonote coins and it resulted in their own codebase getting even buggier than it really is, resulting in users loosing their coins when they sent them in a transaction.

What do Darkcoin and Bytecoin have in common? They were both hugely unfairly mined(instamined/premined), with Darkcoin having a 50% instamine at it's launch by it's own development team, and Bytecoin having a 82% premine over the 2 years it was kept secret by a very small group of miners.
darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:05:45 PM

So Darkcoin and Bytecoin both have above 49% instamine/premines. They both have devs that just keep screwing up...and they both have shill/sockpuppet accounts supporters. GJ

But even Bytecoin, with it's 82% premine, at least offers anonymity....Darkcoin doesn't even allow you send more than 10 dark's through it's trivial coinjoin mixing.
Agent99

Activity: 147

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:29:16 PM

Lol ! Looks like trolls have come back ))

Darkota , there is no stupid people here to listen to you, and even large font won't help you to fool anybody.
darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 06:35:43 PM

Lol ! Looks like trolls have come back ))

Darkota , there is no stupid people here to listen to you, and even large font won't help you to fool anybody.

Yea, if anyone wants to research for themselves, simply google/search this forum, and check the coin's blockchains..

You can check the Bytecoin Blockchain to see Bytecoin's 82% premine, and you can check Darkcoin's blockchain to see Darkcoin's 50% instamine.
Monkeyseemonkeydo

Activity: 246

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:03:36 PM

so fed up with fuds. isn't it better to stop blowing upon BCN?!!

DNScode

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:06:55 PM

Indeed, it's time to stop disputing, every body has their own view on BCN and if there is people who'd like to mine it, why not?

BTH, I mine Moneta Verde and think it is great coin. Better than Fantom.  Grin
TonyZX

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:09:25 PM

Indeed, it's time to stop disputing, every body has their own view on BCN and if there is people who'd like to mine it, why not?

With what coin you mine Moneta Verde?

Bitcoin is our past, present and future!
Patron92

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:55:15 PM

Bytecoin has a large group of miners. Just BCN developers doesn't spend much time to promote coin as they are more interested in improving it technically
Stanford

Activity: 314

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 07:59:07 PM

Darkcoin has active development.  IMO, we will have to wait and see if the privacy is good as CN-based coins.
So, don't waste your time on Darkcoin and mine Bytecoin  Smiley
professorXY

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:03:30 PM

With what coin you mine Moneta Verde?

I merge mine Moneta Verde with Quazar coin  Smiley
rethink-your-strategy

Activity: 173
Merit: 182

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:32:52 PM

Bytecoin has a large group of miners. Just BCN developers doesn't spend much time to promote coin as they are more interested in improving it technically

LOL

Look at the right-hand column and rethink your fucking strategy.
darkota

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:03:56 PM

LOL

Look at the right-hand column and rethink your fucking strategy.

You know how people say rofl.

I literally almost fell off my chair laughing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: