Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:59:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling a copy of Minecraft  (Read 1516 times)
captflint (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 12:47:05 AM

I bought a gift code for the game Minecraft for my sister. Unfortunately she was not interested in it. So I have an Minecraft giftcode just sitting unredeemed. I would more than willing to sell this giftcode for BTC. A am actually new to bitcoin so I don't really know a fair price. I also realize that I do not have a reputation yet. So, to solve this I guess I will set the price at 5 BTC. If nobody is interested in that, I would be willing to lower the price. But based on the exchange rate on Mt Gox 5 BTC would be less than half of what you would pay. To solve the reputation issue, you can either trust me and risk a few btc, or if you are more paranoid, I would be willing to furnish a potential buyer with the a name and address to search yellow book dot com. The buyer could then call the number and speak to me, thus verifying that I am who I say I am. Then you would have my name, address, and phone number to press charges against me if I defraud you (which I will not do). Or maybe you all have worked out a better way to establish trust (perhaps I should lurk more).

So, any interested takers?
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Diablo

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 01:02:59 AM

I'd buy it.
Just wondering if its a beta code or an alpha code.
captflint (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 01:08:00 AM

Sorry. It is a BETA code
Diablo

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 01:20:32 AM

Sorry. It is a BETA code
I'd still be interested in buying, know a friend who wants a copy.
captflint (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 01:27:20 AM

Would you like to arrange the details of the transaction over pm or email? If email, then pm me your email address. Or just email me at the address under my username.
JackSparrow

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 04:26:51 PM

I would give you 8 BTC for the Key.

Transaction would happen via Clearcoin.
graingert

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2011, 04:57:33 PM

A BETA code is worth a hell of a lot more than 8BTC Wink

*Image Removed*
JackSparrow

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 06:12:20 PM

A BETA code is worth a hell of a lot more than 8BTC Wink
€14.95 actually.
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 07:21:31 PM

http://mojang.com/2011/04/26/achtung-uwaga-attention/
Dear Minecrafters,

It has come to our attention that there are people out there selling Minecraft accounts/giftcodes with stolen credit cards and hacked PayPal accounts. As you may understand we cannot support people who purchase Minecraft from other sites than www.minecraft.net. The stolen codes will be inactivated in a given time.

To make it easier for people to purchase Minecraft we are integrating lots of new payment options.

Just for you guys to know.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
JackSparrow

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 10:00:06 PM

To make it easier for people to purchase Minecraft we are integrating lots of new payment options.
PayPal & CC - quite innovative..
captflint (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 10:40:09 PM

Sorry all. I have already sold the code to diablo. And just so that no one suspects. It was not purchased with stolen credit cards or anything evil, but with my own sweat and toil. I promise. Furthermore, I think it is sort of ridiculous of mojang to think that they have to right to say that someone can or cannot sell a giftcode. I bought that code. It is mine, and I have the right to give it to whomever I want. If the person I give it two pays me for it, that is my own business.

Are codes purchased with stolen credit cards a problem? Of course. Is the solution to say that nobody can sell their own property? No. It probably isn't even legal (or at least it shouldn't be). Maybe mojang should start looking into accounts that have purchased lots of giftcodes and look for suspicious activity. Maybe that wouldn't work. But quite frankly it isn't my problem. But it is pretty obvious that my account, with a grand total of two giftcode purchases months apart from the same paypal account, is legitimate.

Sorry to be hating on Mojang. I really do love them, and minecraft is amazing and all, but that policy is just stupid.
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 10:57:29 PM

Sorry all. I have already sold the code to diablo. And just so that no one suspects. It was not purchased with stolen credit cards or anything evil, but with my own sweat and toil. I promise. Furthermore, I think it is sort of ridiculous of mojang to think that they have to right to say that someone can or cannot sell a giftcode. I bought that code. It is mine, and I have the right to give it to whomever I want. If the person I give it two pays me for it, that is my own business.

Are codes purchased with stolen credit cards a problem? Of course. Is the solution to say that nobody can sell their own property? No. It probably isn't even legal (or at least it shouldn't be). Maybe mojang should start looking into accounts that have purchased lots of giftcodes and look for suspicious activity. Maybe that wouldn't work. But quite frankly it isn't my problem. But it is pretty obvious that my account, with a grand total of two giftcode purchases months apart from the same paypal account, is legitimate.

Sorry to be hating on Mojang. I really do love them, and minecraft is amazing and all, but that policy is just stupid.
Nothing is said about forbidding the selling of your own codes. It has only been said that they cannot support that.
You still have the right to gift your gift-codes to whomever you want to. No matter what you might or might not get in exchange for that.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
captflint (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 01:20:13 AM

Oh. Okay. I totally misunderstood what they were saying. I thought that was a rather weird stance for Mojang, which is generally a pretty cool company.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: