Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea threatens "merciless" response over Seth Rogen film  (Read 9368 times)
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 04:41:19 AM

Obama imposes new sanctions against North Korea in response to Sony hack

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jan/02/obama-imposes-sanctions-north-korea-sony-hack-the-interview

<< US president signs executive order leveling targeted sanctions against North Korean officials after cyber-attack on Sony Pictures. >>

This is the bigger issue here. Why does the US impose sanctions on NK for someone in that country allegedly hacking the website of an avg company???

This is huge news IMHO and the American public should be more outraged by the gross misuse of political power to protect a random company.

I dont want my tax dollars being used to protect the financial well being of any company.
I know companies are "people" too nowadays (sarcasm fully meant) but this is completely unbelievable...

Might be worse than that. I've heard speculation the involvement might be because of the court case against Sony. Would they be able to dismiss the case by claiming the hack was the action of a state? Outside their control basically.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hróðólfr

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:48:25 AM

anyone takes seriously North Korea threats?
TingCoin

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 03:09:48 PM

Wait, so it's North Korea behind the hack again now? Swear I read a leak somewhere stating it was just a bunch of random hackers and the US were blaming North Korea in the media so they can see how far they can go with imposing sanctions on the internet OUTSIDE of the US. Anything that comes from the US of this nature, take it with a pinch of salt - they're full of shit.

Any posts from me that were posted in Russian were NOT from me. A cykablyat obtained my forum login details when they were leaked, I was inactive from the forum at that time.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 04:32:23 AM

And I threaten less than one care given.  Really, no one cares about North Korea's "leaders".  The whole thing about the movie is just a circus to make money and I love it.  Good for Sony and everyone making money off this ridiculous show.  lol

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:27:48 PM

My wife and I went to see that movie recently. I thought it was very funny, for what it was. We got plenty of laughs out of it. Rogan and Franco are definitely no Laurel and Hardy, but they have good chemistry together on screen.
It doesn't take much to anger the man-child Kim, so it should be no surprise that he was upset about this, especially since the movie did in fact have some truth to it as far as just how miserable the North Korean people are in general and how strong the State-run propaganda machine is as far as trying to convince the NK people and the rest of the world that everything is awesome in NK.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 09:31:32 PM

Saw this movie over the weekend. It was better than I expected.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
koshgel
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 10:18:01 PM

No need for any response. This movie is a piece of crap. Watching it carries its own punishment.

After watching the movie to see what all the fuss was about
I sort of have to agree with you on this it was a punishment in its own right lol.

It's worth the Netflix watch  Cheesy but paying $11 at a theatre would have sucked
stevegreer
Legendary

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
January 27, 2015, 11:03:31 PM

It's worth the Netflix watch  Cheesy but paying $11 at a theatre would have sucked

Tell me about it! I saw this morning that it is on Netflix now. I could have saved a few bucks if I had known that ahead of time.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 06:13:51 PM

We need Seth Macfarlane to do some Kim impersonations in a new film to make him even more mad.
xandry
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3956

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2015, 07:52:55 AM

We need Seth Macfarlane to do some Kim impersonations in a new film to make him even more mad.
I think the new film will be about Russia. Have you heard Scorpions song "Wind Of Change" in the end?  Wink
Follow the Moskva
Down to Gorky Park
Listening to the wind of change
Read more: The Scorpions - Wind Of Change Lyrics

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀