Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:09:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This Family is Road Tripping using only bitcoins #bitcoins #realspirit  (Read 1361 times)
Coinbuddy (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 06:34:34 AM

Haha a family tripping with bitcoins only...sounds good.This is the real bitcoin spirit and real bitcoin believers.This family is spreading bitcoins in every corner of the earth.They travelled 4'400 miles accross the country on zero us dollars.Each June John Bush packs up his family and drives with his wife and two young childrens

Read the full story

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-family-is-road-tripping-using-only-bitcoin-89813939049.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
salmondance

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:06:17 AM

With the growing amount of businesses accepting Bitcoin this is not surprising anymore.

What surprised me is that he is travelling with two little kids. Well, that would be a nightmare for me. What a man.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:10:15 AM

already discussed on many threads. its not really a bitoin trip as they are buying giftcards that hold dollar values.
Gas: The family thought that gas would be the biggest hurdle, until they found a service called CoinFueled.com. You send them bitcoin, and then two weeks later the service sends you gift cards for specific gas stations.
They have taken advantage of the website Gyft.com, which allows consumers to purchase gift cards using bitcoin.
Food: Gyft came in handy once again to buy gift cards at a number of chain restaurants along the road.
For snacks, they have been purchasing a lot of Whole Foods gift cards from the service.

its like an american saying their going on a euro trip but not using euro bank notes. thn purchasing a euro debit card and euro travelers cheques..

their plan failed before they even fuelled up their camper-van

id say only 25% of merchants they used knew what a bitcoin was and accepted it within the bricks and mortar.. the rest were done through gateways that converted it to dollars and the hotels / fuel stations / som restaurants, never even knew bitcoin was involved.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:57:16 AM

With the growing amount of businesses accepting Bitcoin this is not surprising anymore.

What surprised me is that he is travelling with two little kids. Well, that would be a nightmare for me. What a man.
haha .. they must have had a reason for it, which has been planned or maybe just a coincidence. what if it happened to you and your friends with your son? what are you doing
smashingpumpkin

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 05:39:00 PM

haha .. they must have had a reason for it, which has been planned or maybe just a coincidence. what if it happened to you and your friends with your son? what are you doing

I don't know/ I dont like kids either. And the fact that they travelled with kids impressed me waaaay more than that they only used Bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:08:12 PM

I don't know/ I dont like kids either. And the fact that they travelled with kids impressed me waaaay more than that they only used Bitcoin.

sounds like you never had kids.. you will soon learn that parents develop a mental mute button in their head, and they learn to not notice the shouting after a while.. not impressive when you personally experience being a parent

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Nerazzura

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:17:53 PM

sounds like you never had kids.. you will soon learn that parents develop a mental mute button in their head, and they learn to not notice the shouting after a while.. not impressive when you personally experience being a parent
haha .. well once: D. smashingpumpkin have not felt that since becoming a parent, although I have not. However, I am sure when your child cries parenthood will make you can not resist it. or maybe you will be rebuked but it does not solve the problem. if it happened to me and I will send my son find a new crypto and she can wear at will and pay taxes to me. : D
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:25:46 PM

(Average) Kids are such horrible brats, it's a miracle the human race is able to last another generation.

rext

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:27:44 PM

(Average) Kids are such horrible brats, it's a miracle the human race is able to last another generation.
well sooner or later, all of us will have kids whether we like it or not.
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:35:07 PM

its like an american saying their going on a euro trip but not using euro bank notes. thn purchasing a euro debit card and euro travelers cheques..

their plan failed before they even fuelled up their camper-van

id say only 25% of merchants they used knew what a bitcoin was and accepted it within the bricks and mortar.. the rest were done through gateways that converted it to dollars and the hotels / fuel stations / som restaurants, never even knew bitcoin was involved.

You're basically right. Bitcoin is still very far from being a common currency. But there has been constant progress in business acceptance.

People like this family are helping to spread the word. That's a good thing. One year from now, I predict it will require less gift cards to get on a bitcoin-only trip.
meowdea

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:36:31 PM

It's all cool and interesting, but to be honest I'm a little bit worried for the kid in such trip
rodeoclownicp

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 06:29:36 PM

is coinfueled still alive?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: