Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-06-25] Bitcoin Bulls: BTC-e Launches PAMM Accounts  (Read 1758 times)
BitcoinBulls (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:56:39 PM

http://bitcoinbulls.com/btc-e-launches-pamm-accounts/

BTC-e adding some serious FOREX trading tools to their platform.  PAMM for cryptocurrencies is a big development. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:36:33 PM

i'm not familiar with PAMM system
so with PAMM, we can replicate trading from another user?
and we can follow their trading strategy?
this is interesting movement from BTC-e
BitcoinBulls (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 01:57:16 PM

It is essentially a form of wealth management for FOREX.  If you were to sign up for a Slave account, you can select a Master account to follow.  That means that your account will automatically replicate the trading strategy of the Master account in real time.  Your account will execute the same trades as the Master account, but scaled for the total capital in your account.  When the Master profits, the Slave profits.  Slaves profiting is in the best interest of the Master.

You can view the performance and historical trades of Master accounts to decide which to, "follow" and you can unpair your account with a Master at any time.  

You will NOT be able to see the exact trades happening in real time because if that were allowed people could just report real-time trades of top traders to other users without benefiting the Master, essentially removing all of the incentive for successful traders to use Master accounts.  However, you can view the trades after a period of time that I believe will be determined in the agreement set by the Master in this case.  

Basically, you are leeching off of the strategy of a Master and in return giving them a portion of any profits.  Your account will trade as a clone of the Master account while paired, but scaled to fit your total available trading capital.  All of this is automated and the Master doesn't have access to your account. 
KimNam

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:26:22 PM

so the key is :
we can use slave account to replicate master account trading strategy and automatically executed the same trades as master account does (with scale to fit our trading capital)
and we pay master account from our trading profit
if our trading not profit, we are not must pay master account?
and do you know how much we must pay master account for their "service"?
is it fixed amount or by percentage?
BitcoinBulls (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 02:37:51 PM

The arrangement is determined by the owner of the Master account.  Before following the Master account a Slave account must agree to the terms.  Typically if the PAMM trades result in losses then there is no fee due to the, "Master."  It is usually a function of positive returns [profits].  

So, just as an arbitrary example if I were the Master Account holder I could set the conditions such that Slave Accounts owe me 0.5% of profits made while Slaved to my account.  If trades lose money profits are negative so I am not owed anything.  If profits in your account from following my trades are 1 BTC, I will automatically receive 0.005 of that and you will keep 0.995.

You will have to check the specific conditions set by the Master before opting into their account as a Slave.    
KimNam

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:46:20 PM

thanks for your explanation, i understand now Grin
so there's no fee if we lose because following master account trades
and the arragement is determined by the master account, so we must read it and accept the terms before become slave account to them
okay, i'll see btc-e and try to do that
thanks for the news, i'll follow your site from now
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 08:39:36 PM

Since this is so new I'd suspect it would be wise to let some of these traders establish their brand before latching on to any one of them (there's very few providers at this point anyway). Something to keep an eye on tho.
BitcoinBulls (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:57:35 PM

Since this is so new I'd suspect it would be wise to let some of these traders establish their brand before latching on to any one of them (there's very few providers at this point anyway). Something to keep an eye on tho.

Definitely.  I would wait for the Master accounts to establish trading history to determine the ideal account to follow.  There is also the potential for manipulation in such an illiquid market as Bitcoin.  It would be a good idea to wait a while before jumping in.
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:10:09 PM

Definitely.  I would wait for the Master accounts to establish trading history to determine the ideal account to follow.  There is also the potential for manipulation in such an illiquid market as Bitcoin.  It would be a good idea to wait a while before jumping in.

Thanks for the advice! Looking into increasing my holdings atm, so I'll be watching this thread, unless there is another one that you know of.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:05:20 PM

1. Create a master account.
2. Realize your 'slaves' amount to more trading volume than your own account.
3. Open a new account, and start trading against your master account, confident the slaves will follow.
4. Profit.

What am I missing here? This seems to create some pretty perverse incentives.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: