Print  
Author Topic: ..  (Read 1228 times)
Devin Chow (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:23:03 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2015, 09:15:07 AM by Devin Chow

Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:45:14 AM

Yes coindesk is only used to promote Khan's investments!
CoinMode

Activity: 417
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:53:35 AM

In response to some idiot posting about Waco I wrote:

"

The National Guard was called in for Waco.

The use of military against civilians was explicitly forbidden under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.

Although in 1981, the Act was amended to permit use of the National Guard against civilians if called in by law enforcement.

In effect, this amendment made it legal to exercise use of the military against ordinary civilians. Something that the Act was originally designed to protect civilians against.

This is commonly referred to as hypocrisy.

Timothy McVeigh was enrage by this and took action that he believed was necessary and just.

Quite honestly, other than the daycare center, (that he was unaware of) I commend him.

Using the military against civilians? That is what dictatorships are supposed to do. Not democracies.

"

This isn't trolling. This is decent commentary.

Look, you are right to support a protest of the Waco massacre, but you are 100% wrong to endorse terrorism. I can say that I would delete that crap if I saw it myself. I hate to bust out this factoid for you, but the media already paints every single bitcoin believer as an insane techno geek hiding in a neckbeard-style basement. We already look crazy enough without you saying, "Hey, I mean, he did blow up a huge building and kind of hit a nursery or whatever, but OTHER than that I commend the most well known American terrorist of all time."

Sorry buddy, that is NOT good commentary, and even if it was, it makes all of us look even more batshit crazy than we already do. Please don't post that shit on Coindesk, bitcointalk, or anywhere other than 4chan. We don't need that crap staining us forever. That doesn't even qualify as trolling. Go be a terrorist sympathizer somewhere else. We don't want you around.
CoinMode

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:04:23 AM

"While I do not agree with what you have to say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."

You have your opinions, I have mine.

I wouldn't censor you, even if I was appalled by what you had to say.

It is in everybody's best interest that we do not look like crazy people or terrorist sympathizers in any way, at all, ever. Yes, you do not have the freedom to speak such opinions on any bitcoin forum that I would ever moderate, and apparently that also goes for Coindesk. This isn't a public square, this is a privately run website. If you came over to my house and sympathized with a few too many terrorists, I would shut your ass up and give you the boot out of the door pretty quickly. I am sure you would do the same to me if I was talking about certain subjects.
CoinMode

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:06:04 AM

"While I do not agree with what you have to say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."

You have your opinions, I have mine.

I wouldn't censor you, even if I was appalled by what you had to say.

And just to be clear, I am not saying that you are not allowed to say that. I am saying you aren't allowed to say that shit in my house or on my bitcoin website. It should be very easy to understand how I am not limiting your freedom of speech in any way.
CoinMode

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:09:58 AM

It is in everybody's best interest that we do not look like crazy people or terrorist sympathizers in any way, at all, ever. Yes, you do not have the freedom to speak such opinions on any bitcoin forum that I would ever moderate, and apparently that also goes for Coindesk. This isn't a public square, this is a privately run website. If you came over to my house and sympathized with a few too many terrorists, I would shut your ass up and give you the boot out of the door pretty quickly. I am sure you would do the same to me if I was talking about certain subjects.

You're the gatekeeper for determining what's in everyone's best interest?

Good to know.

The moderator of any website is the gatekeeper there, and I am the gatekeeper in my house. Apparently Coindesk booted you out of their house because you were very badly hurting the image of bitcoin. They had every reason and right to delete you.

Just an fyi, only big bank shills would argue that commending Timothy McVeigh was in bitcoins best interest.
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:00:47 AM

trolling here about trolling there...
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:52:18 AM

In response to some idiot posting about Waco I wrote:

"

The National Guard was called in for Waco.

The use of military against civilians was explicitly forbidden under the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.

Although in 1981, the Act was amended to permit use of the National Guard against civilians if called in by law enforcement.

In effect, this amendment made it legal to exercise use of the military against ordinary civilians. Something that the Act was originally designed to protect civilians against.

This is commonly referred to as hypocrisy.

Timothy McVeigh was enrage by this and took action that he believed was necessary and just.

Quite honestly, other than the daycare center, (that he was unaware of) I commend him.

Using the military against civilians? That is what dictatorships are supposed to do. Not democracies.

"

This isn't trolling. This is decent commentary.

There is nothing decent about that commentary. You are a sick individual and an embarrassment.

qwerty555

Activity: 405

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:55:46 AM

No, I sometimes leave trollish comments and they never are deleted. One was even once featured to my surprise. High quality trolling is allowed, low quality trolling probably will get deleted.

"

If Citibank says the price is going to drop...what does this mean?

To me, it means BUY.

Citibank is anything but an authority on Bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a whole.

Using their "legitimate" status to give credibility to their manipulative commentary is downright preposterous.

A major tenet of Bitcoin is about taking power away from the banks and central authority. Don't give it back by listening to their poorly informed and manipulative "prediction".

The fact that they are weighing in on the matter at all tells you all that you need to know.

"

I hardly would consider this comment trolling of any quality.

This sums up Citibank ( and almost all the other banks are also naughty)

http://nypost.com/2014/06/13/citigroup-doj-fine-speculated-to-be-10b/

https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=citibank+fined&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=wYyvU9bkB-aD8Qe56IGQBg

best to ignore advice frm these institutions!

Where are the prison sentences? Whatever happened to 3 strikes and your out ( eg banking license withdrawn)Huh

http://www.corp-research.org/citigroup
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:36:56 AM

There is nothing decent about that commentary. You are a sick individual and an embarrassment.

A 15 year old Iraqi boy watches his father kidnapped at gunpoint by a foreign military at 2AM, only to be tortured for information that he might have. He's never to be seen again. Is that 15 year old boy a terrorist if he takes it upon himself to detonate an IED on a passing military convoy?

In my view, no...he's not. In your view, yes...he is.

You see the problem with the label "terrorist" is it's subjective. What the U.S. Government did that day in Waco was unacceptable. That day, they were the terrorists.

There is culpability in willful ignorance. If you willingly work for an organization that permits this sort of inexcusable behavior, I don't much care if someone blows up your building.

If I was an FBI agent in 1993 when Waco took place, I'd of put in my resignation letter the next day. I'm sure some people did. For that, they have my respect.

If I had a family member that was killed in the Oklahoma City bombing, I wouldn't be mad at McVeigh. I would be angry with the government and the actions that lead people like McVeigh to do the things that they do.

My opinions are unpopular. I don't expect everybody to voice the same outlook publicly. Most people are all too concerned with being judged by their peers to ever publicly say what they really think.

Go ahead and resort to name calling. At least I'm honest. That's more than I can say for most people.

Yes he would be a terrorist. So was McVeigh. The people these animals kill are not guilty simply by association. All human life has value and taking it from ANYONE is wrong. You are a terrorist sympathizer. Own it. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: