Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phinnaeus Gage aka ~Bruno Kucinskas - DEBT PAID 7/19/2014  (Read 10433 times)
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:36:52 PM

Do you think he is away for the world cup? The world cup ends today, so he could be back in a few days...

If he is in a foreign country, he might be reluctant to answer a roaming call. Have you tried texting him (sms)? Ask him to text a simple message back, like a return date or something.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:47:08 PM

He is from America.  Not sure where people fail to see that.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:55:46 PM

I have posted link to thread where miner was auctioned off and details of the issues, what other proof would you like me to post?

when it arrived it was badly damaged. PG apologized profusely and promised to make everything right and filed a claim with UPS and Sandwich Parcel (the store that packaged and shipped item ). After fighting with UPS and Sandwich parcel for the last 2 months I was able to get claim approved but with PG  as the original shipper it had to be paid to him who would then have to reimburse me. I spoke to PG the day the claim was approved (6/10/2014) and he confirmed that all was well and once he received the check I would get my money back. On 6/16/2014 PG picked the check up from Sandwich parcel

RainMan28

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:42:28 AM

In a community where scamming is as common as dirt, it's nice to see that users give other users the benefit of the doubt. But it seems very coincidental that the user disappeared right after he received and cashed the check.

OP, you're way more patient than I would be in your circumstances. Hope everything works out for you.

BTC: 18BEi5vPrPPYETiQt5eG9Sjjyt9DHorfYq
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:43:16 AM

So ... photos of the 'damage', pics of the 'claim' form, 'emails' or w/e evidence from Sandwich Parcel lol. Did the cheque get paid?

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:26:14 PM

Wow, a new intriguing theory: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg7841818#msg7841818

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
Baitty

Activity: 532

Currently held as collateral by monbux

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 09:52:35 PM

I didn't quite understand what that forum post was trying to say? could you explain? I really thought PG was a honest man and a pretty trusted member of the community and normally tried to help people get their money back from scammers. Especially against BFL.

Currently held as collateral by monbux
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:10:44 PM

they are saying the guy in the other thread is PG.
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:29:45 PM

It's PG's new account, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=349097, he quickly left this one btw, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=346288

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:46:11 AM

What makes you say so? The style of the posts looks quite different to me. 

And how does one "quickly" leave an account?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
SLok

Activity: 568

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

What makes you say so? The style of the posts looks quite different to me. 

look at his first posts and work your way up, see who are his subjects, you'll get it. Or not.

And how does one "quickly" leave an account?

Come on, make an academic guess.

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 06:46:14 PM

What makes you say [ that @Gleb_Gamow = Bruno Kucinskas = @Phinnaeus_Gage ]? The style of the posts looks quite different to me.  

look at his first posts and work your way up, see who are his subjects, you'll get it. Or not.
User @Phinnaeus_Gage had >20000 posts (in fact he was by far the most prolific poster in this whole forum).  Could you be more specific, please?  Tongue

Of late, PG was poking into the life of Brock Pierce and the people conencted to him.  That is hardly a peculiar interest, given that BP is now at the helm of the Bitcoin Foundation.  (In fact, I am puzzled by the community's lack of interest about BP's career and connection.) I saw one post of @Gleb_Gamow  on that topic.  Is that the evidence you are referring to?

PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:13:33 PM

I don't see the reason why PG would abandon his old account and post under new ones.
ccollectables (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:21:44 PM

I don't see the reason why PG would abandon his old account and post under new ones.

Because he took my 2800 dollars and does not want to give it up, if he continued to post under his old account he would have to answer here for his actions but by creating a new account he can continue on his rants and not be disturbed by people calling him a scammers and thief.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:19:44 AM

In fact, I am puzzled by the community's lack of interest about BP's career and connection.
Some of us publicly resigned from the foundation on their forums over this nomination.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:39:02 AM

Wow, I almost bid on that.

Very mysterious.
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:39:44 AM

In fact, I am puzzled by the community's lack of interest about BP's career and connection.
Some of us publicly resigned from the foundation on their forums over this nomination.
Indeed, and you deserve much applause and respect for that.  But generally that seems to have been ignored.

Actually I was not thinking to his past troubles with the law, which one could even pretend that are no longer relevant.  Methinks that bitcoiners should worry about his creation and management of IGE, that cornered the game money market, and the way he got "elected" to the board of drectors (is he president?) of the Bitcoin Foundation -- even though his previous activity in the bitcoin scene seems to have been very small. Will he try to do with bitcoin what he did with game money?  Is Realcoin the first step in that direction?

thermos_scammer

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:47:39 AM

What makes you say [ that @Gleb_Gamow = Bruno Kucinskas = @Phinnaeus_Gage ]? The style of the posts looks quite different to me.  

User @Phinnaeus_Gage had >20000 posts (in fact he was by far the most prolific poster in this whole forum).  Could you be more specific, please?  Tongue

Of late, PG was poking into the life of Brock Pierce and the people conencted to him.  That is hardly a peculiar interest, given that BP is now at the helm of the Bitcoin Foundation.  (In fact, I am puzzled by the community's lack of interest about BP's career and connection.) I saw one post of @Gleb_Gamow  on that topic.  Is that the evidence you are referring to?

This is him.
Usage of the "TBC" acronym (I don't know what it means, which is why I searched for it on the forums - it's rarely used, and by him.)
Usage of a space in the username, which is also rare; most people are trained to use no spaces in usernames as they are often refused.
I don't know or care about the guy, but anyone connected to Thermos or BFL is highly suspicious in my book. He's both.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:38:23 PM

This is him.
Usage of the "TBC" acronym (I don't know what it means, which is why I searched for it on the forums - it's rarely used, and by him.)
Usage of a space in the username, which is also rare; most people are trained to use no spaces in usernames as they are often refused.
I don't know or care about the guy, but anyone connected to Thermos or BFL is highly suspicious in my book. He's both.

I've been reluctant to chime in here since all I can offer is my personal opinion and some anecdotes but I sincerely doubt Bruno Kucinskas aka Phinnaeus Gage has recently posted here under another account. The previous instances of sock puppet use were due to temporary bans and he didn't try very hard to mask his identity. I do see why one might think theses other, more recent accounts may be him but, if so, he is doing a much better job of obfuscating who he really is.

Regarding the original scam accusation, PG has several times left me hanging, expecting responses to PMs that never materialized. Each time, it seemed to be simple absent mindedness on his part since they were only informal discussions without much, if any, BTC at stake and he did respond when prodded. In this case, I believe the likeliest explanation is that he forgot about this before he went offline (remember when he claimed to have forgotten where he hid a large amount of money in his house?). This is still inexcusable and I don't fault the OP at all for taking actions to retrieve what is rightfully his. I don't think it's necessary to attribute his disappearance to some convoluted scheme, however.

Still around.
ccollectables (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

This is him.

I've been reluctant to chime in here since all I can offer is my personal opinion and some anecdotes but I sincerely doubt Bruno Kucinskas aka Phinnaeus Gage has recently posted here under another account. The previous instances of sock puppet use were due to temporary bans and he didn't try very hard to mask his identity. I do see why one might think theses other, more recent accounts may be him but, if so, he is doing a much better job of obfuscating who he really is.

Regarding the original scam accusation, PG has several times left me hanging, expecting responses to PMs that never materialized. Each time, it seemed to be simple absent mindedness on his part since they were only informal discussions without much, if any, BTC at stake and he did respond when prodded. In this case, I believe the likeliest explanation is that he forgot about this before he went offline (remember when he claimed to have forgotten where he hid a large amount of money in his house?). This is still inexcusable and I don't fault the OP at all for taking actions to retrieve what is rightfully his. I don't think it's necessary to attribute his disappearance to some convoluted scheme, however.

How would this explain his sudden refusal to accept a phone call from me or return a voice mail when less than a week before (before insurance claim was paid) he always answered or returned calls same day.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: