Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:49:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCN] Deepcoin secure hashing (CPU/GPU) New algo/ No premine/ No IPO/ PoW  (Read 182550 times)
Timmy95

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:06:31 PM

Hope some development or news soon. Still in!  Smiley

We've reached bottom at CryptoNator Stats.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/42/1413219963-sans-titre.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684
Merit: 500

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:32:40 PM

Still in as well. Dev is active on a daily basis. Just patiently awaiting an update.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
xwebnetwork

Activity: 684

Veni. Vidi. Vici.

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:22:55 PM

Just spoke with Deepcoinbiz. Still working. Apparently Bushstar had fallen ill which put a halt to major development, but they are pressing forward. I'm only mentioning this here because Deepcoinbiz speaks German and its easier for me to relay the information.

Validity.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Validity SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
burnbabyburn71

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:16:36 PM

Just spoke with Deepcoinbiz. Still working. Apparently Bushstar had fallen ill which put a halt to major development, but they are pressing forward. I'm only mentioning this here because Deepcoinbiz speaks German and its easier for me to relay the information.

Ah, I hope Bushstar gets well soon. I saw that he put a lot of work into this coin quite a while ago on Github so I'm looking forward to see what he can do in the future. Thanks for the info

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
Goldshredder

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:35:19 AM

All the best for a speedy recovery in the circumstances of Bushstar.
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:01:31 AM

whats up with DCN? lets get some activity going.

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:37:44 AM

Still mining , but it should be promoted much more...
burnbabyburn71

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:26:43 PM

Still mining , but it should be promoted much more...
Well then please promote, try not to expect others to make this coin successful again. If everyone has that mindset, then no work will be done. I'll come up with some promotional graphics sometime later this week, I've had enough of this absurdly undervalued price and low volume. Everyone in this small DCN community will have to play their part if they want to see this coin flourish again though. That includes you Wink

Web Dev | General Graphics Design | Windows/Linux Wallet Compiles | Certified member of the BCs
lemonsieur1

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 12:54:33 AM

not trying to go too intellectual here, but the use-value of DCN is practically zero.
burnbabyburn71

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 03:36:46 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 07:09:44 AM by burnbabyburn71

not trying to go too intellectual here, but the use-value of DCN is practically zero.
Why? Evidence?

There are services that accept DCN such as XWebNetwork's website hosting service. There, an example of DCN usage. The 'use-value' of DCN is as high, if not higher than most coins in the market. Perhaps I should emphasize this in the promotional graphics when I make them.

lemonsieur1

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:17:42 AM

well, i will give a small analysis of this coin, note the fact that i don't bullshit. i own 1% of the total coins currently in circulation, this same 1 % was at some point, not so long ago, 5 % of the total supply but because of the huge inflation rate (which is one of the reasons why this coin is not as valuable as you think it should be). 

First of All, money is a tool of an economy, the value of the money reflects the power of the economy. As far as economics are concerned, this coin earns a big zero, no economic thought at all, it looks like another p&d coin.

Second, Deephash or the algorithm used, who really cares about it other than a small community of miners? i for one dont care about algorithms, and dont think it gives any value what so ever. This particular point will lead to a huge discussion, which will lead us to debate whether "decentralized" mining is really "decentralized" and the inevitability of "centralization" of mining, i mean bitcoin nowadays is mined by how many ? 4 or 5 wallets ?

let's skip this discussion and move to what i think any serious coin should focus at : "use-value". Let's face it, in the crypto-currency world today, we reached a point where we have higher death rate than birth rate. Dead coins are everywhere. Why? because of a rule set by lemonsieur ( which is moi ) :" Crypto-currency eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero".  Now, for this zero not to be reached, you need use-value, and here lies the reason why most (if not all?) coins will fail.

Third, if you scratch the skin of 99 % of the coins on the market, you will find one thing in common, we want to sell for btc to the greatest fool out there. That's the reason you are here probably, and that's the reason the reader of these words is most like here too. This same reason can explain the utter economic ignorance of every single coin. Satoshi, who ever he/they is/are, an economic genius, and probably a historian too, because we are in an epoch of virtual money, so he/they designed an unlimited currency if you really think about it. 21 000 000, are in fact 2100 000 000 000 000 units of "value", 2.1 quadrillion units of value. So there is absolutely no reason for new units to exist on a separate block chain.

Forth, what does this coin really want? seriously what is the reason of existence ? the only logical ones i can give at this moment are the following : Proof of Concept for Bushstar and his friend, and few bitcoins reward for dumping the mined coins.

I think these are more than enough reasons why there is no price increase, or interest in dcn, even though i think most "traders" are driven by anything but logic, i can copy paste this to every coin out there, because it's the same everywhere.

what should be done ? I can't answer it, but 4.4 quadrillion supposed "units of value" currently in existence are just extra wasted bits of information in this seemingly infinite world of bits. what would Aristotle think of the value of infinity? most likely 0, but he believed than none of them really exist.
burnbabyburn71

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:34:25 AM

well, i will give a small analysis of this coin, note the fact that i don't bullshit. i own 1% of the total coins currently in circulation, this same 1 % was at some point, not so long ago, 5 % of the total supply but because of the huge inflation rate (which is one of the reasons why this coin is not as valuable as you think it should be).  

First of All, money is a tool of an economy, the value of the money reflects the power of the economy. As far as economics are concerned, this coin earns a big zero, no economic thought at all, it looks like another p&d coin.

Second, Deephash or the algorithm used, who really cares about it other than a small community of miners? i for one dont care about algorithms, and dont think it gives any value what so ever. This particular point will lead to a huge discussion, which will lead us to debate whether "decentralized" mining is really "decentralized" and the inevitability of "centralization" of mining, i mean bitcoin nowadays is mined by how many ? 4 or 5 wallets ?

let's skip this discussion and move to what i think any serious coin should focus at : "use-value". Let's face it, in the crypto-currency world today, we reached a point where we have higher death rate than birth rate. Dead coins are everywhere. Why? because of a rule set by lemonsieur ( which is moi ) :" Crypto-currency eventually returns to its intrinsic value – zero".  Now, for this zero not to be reached, you need use-value, and here lies the reason why most (if not all?) coins will fail.

Third, if you scratch the skin of 99 % of the coins on the market, you will find one thing in common, we want to sell for btc to the greatest fool out there. That's the reason you are here probably, and that's the reason the reader of these words is most like here too. This same reason can explain the utter economic ignorance of every single coin. Satoshi, who ever he/they is/are, an economic genius, and probably a historian too, because we are in an epoch of virtual money, so he/they designed an unlimited currency if you really think about it. 21 000 000, are in fact 2100 000 000 000 000 units of "value", 2.1 quadrillion units of value. So there is absolutely no reason for new units to exist on a separate block chain.

Forth, what does this coin really want? seriously what is the reason of existence ? the only logical ones i can give at this moment are the following : Proof of Concept for Bushstar and his friend, and few bitcoins reward for dumping the mined coins.

I think these are more than enough reasons why there is no price increase, or interest in dcn, even though i think most "traders" are driven by anything but logic, i can copy paste this to every coin out there, because it's the same everywhere.

what should be done ? I can't answer it, but 4.4 quadrillion supposed "units of value" currently in existence are just extra wasted bits of information in this seemingly infinite world of bits. what would Aristotle think of the value of infinity? most likely 0, but he believed than none of them really exist.
Just going to throw some of my thoughts out,

Why exactly did you buy into this coin in the first place then..?

I seriously don't understand your second point at all, Bitcoin is mined by thousands of people around the world. I think the mining community contributed heavily to the success of cryptocurrencies in general. Furthermore, Deephash being the best mining algorithm gives Deepcoin quite a bit of value.

Your third point criticizes cryptocurrencies in general, and is not specific to Deepcoin. Your third point also makes no sense, certain cryptocurrencies excel at certain things, so yes there is a need for new units to exist on a separate blockchain. Unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Regarding your fourth point, who knows? Considering the fact that DeepcoinBiz told me that he was going to continue development even when the price was so low says something though.

Traders love hype and speculation. They want to buy into a coin while its still cheap, waiting for the big news to come along so they can sell for a profit.

lemonsieur1

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:57:49 PM

concerning my second point that you didn't understand, what i meant was : take look here https://blockchain.info/pools .. 10 pools (wallets) are responsible for mining. This will only decrease with time, satoshi imagined something similar to 1 cpu = 1 vote, he didn't imagine pools, gpus and asics.
burnbabyburn71

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:37:40 AM

sigh
I think I'm going to have to give up on this coin, I don't think I can save it, and it doesn't seem anyone else can either. Not that there is many people here who are willing to save it in the first place. Hopefully someone proves me wrong, but I'm going to have to move on. At least I stayed in this longer than most people.

MystPhysX

Activity: 597

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:55:49 AM

sigh
I think I'm going to have to give up on this coin, I don't think I can save it, and it doesn't seem anyone else can either. Not that there is many people here who are willing to save it in the first place. Hopefully someone proves me wrong, but I'm going to have to move on. At least I stayed in this longer than most people.
Heh

Timmy95

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:39:38 PM

sigh
Heh

Personally, I stay on this coin.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:43:37 PM

I neither hold nor mine DCT but I have been keeping a watching brief ...

lemonsieur has identified the key issue:

... the algorithm used, who really cares about it other than a small community of miners?

As is testified by the current state of DCN (and hundreds of other slowly-declining altcoins), the answer is broadly: “no-one” and, as lemonsieur notes elsewhere, for any small community of miners, numbers will inevitably dwindle to zero.

let's skip this discussion and move to what i think any serious coin should focus at : "use-value".
what does this coin really want? ... what is the reason of existence?

Nice to see someone else asking this crucial question.

If you if strip out the irrelevant padding, It's unambiguously clear from the ANN that the OP's understanding is end-user == miner ...

DEEPCoin (DCN) is an intuitive proof of work coin that takes proven technology and software and brings new and exciting functionality to benefit the end-user. Featuring our signature DEEPHash algorithm--comprised of Luffa512, CubeHash512 and Echo512—mining DCN yields a much higher hash rate, several times higher than the previous algorithm at a lower TDP. We are committed to creating a unique coin for people to use and position ourselves with an energy efficient hashing solution that will not readily be picked up by ASIC miners.

That's as far as the “new and exciting functionality” actually stretches. Once you make yourself aware of that, DCN's track record is readily explicable and its future trajectory becomes fairly predictable (I suspect Chaincoin would be the closest match).

Other hashalgo-based coins to look at are SkeinCoin, GroestlCoin, FugueCoin, X11/13/14/15Coin, QubitCoin, all of which are less than a year old, some a good deal younger.

Not all are totally dead in the water, traces of activity can be discerned here and there but it's difficult to argue that they've been successful on their own terms.

Also, don't forget to make yourself aware of the raft of Quark-based coins. I'm not going to list them here, that's what I creaed DOACC for, I'll just include the SPARQL query, so you can check for yourself (just paste it into the form field on the Minkiz SPARQL endpoint for DOACC (http://minkiz.co/sparql):

Code:
PREFIX skos: <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#>
PREFIX doacc: <http://purl.org/net/bel-epa/doacc#>

SELECT ?node ?label WHERE
{ ?node skos:prefLabel ?label .
  ?node doacc:pow ?pow .
  ?pow skos:prefLabel 'quark'@en
}
ORDER BY ?label
(here's a canned link to the results, if you'd rather cut to the chase)

For an even longer view, see SiFcoin, probably the first coin that emphasised algo features (by using a folklore combiner that was hoped to delay the advance of h/w), now being basically curated as a museum exhibit by cinnamon_carter. I would imagine that it's a similar motivation that prompts me to curate RouletteCoin (metadata).

Cheers

Graham
Goldshredder

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:00:33 AM

We have a decent group here. However the impetus must come from the project developer(s). Otherwise there is little to work with.

I see two main paths forward.

1. Sit and wait for Bushstar's undefined illness to pass and for him (and/or Deepcoinbiz, whose exact role in the development is not known) to develop Deepcoin further, assuming that is going to occur.  There are a few potentially significant "ifs" involved, and a couple of big "unknowns" for good measure.

2. Form a semi-private central group to attempt to brainstorm and conceive overall strategy for the coin going forward. "Semi-private" because posting business ideas publicly is the best way to get them nicked by any other project that wishes to look in. "attempt" because any such endeavour would need the involvement and blessing of the developer(s). Some other projects refer to such groups as "Foundations", though I consider that to be an arguable title.  "Central user group" perhaps, or "development committee" (plebian shudder at use of word "committee" - what's next?! a Paradigm Shift?!).

In any case, I state option 2 as a potential way to get additional human resources and mindpower more directly contributing to ongoing development and direction.  But I am cynical it will happen, perhaps simply because, to date, it has not.
a.i.a

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:50:50 PM

Heh

you are very emotional
Deepcoinbiz (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:56:46 PM

sigh

I wish you good luck, and thank you for all that you did.
we go further
--------

I apologize for the long silence
unfortunately, at the moment not everything goes as planned.
anyway, we will continue our work,
sorry for the delay
We'll be back soon, and only with good news
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: