Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:54:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice on starting a Bitcoin ONLY company.  (Read 1172 times)
KawalGrover (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:23:41 PM

I've asked this question on Reddit as well, and wanted to cross post this on this forum:

So, I've heard Nic Cary talk about how Blockchain is a company that does not have ANY bank accounts.

I have a few questions:
1. Where in the world should such a company be created/registered?

2. The company has to be structured so that it passes the 'legitimacy test' for companies like Coinvoice and others that will help the conversion of FIAT to BTC.
[I want the company to be able to invoice in BTC and if the customers pay in USD then do the invoicing through a company like coinvoice to handle the conversion, and perhaps a similar conversion for other FIAT currencies (EUR, INR, etc). ]

3. Has the simplest rules and formalities and the lowest tax burden in terms of operating an entity.

4. Any other things I need to be aware of or should consider.

Thanks for all your help and feedback in advance.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:25:10 PM

not in the USA, especially not in new york.

but really apart from that it does not matter. as long as you block any new york customers

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:45:07 PM

You may have a hard time getting real advice in this public forum. Governments could see any advice that's given to you as participation in any "wrong doing" they see you involved, that is if your business were to take off.

Good luck with it.

FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:53:09 PM

I guess that will be really difficult. In most countries I guess you have to adhere to local laws and file your income or transactions in the local FIAT currency. You'll need a very savvy accountant if you want to do that.
Also: What is your company doing? I mean, you need a business plan first. Some merchandise you plan on selling or some kind of service you are planning on offering!

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:56:41 PM

not in eurozone (aka. non-crashed country) ... bankster blacklist and shutdown account (need national tresor accreditation)
iluvpie60

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:57:45 PM

I've asked this question on Reddit as well, and wanted to cross post this on this forum:

So, I've heard Nic Cary talk about how Blockchain is a company that does not have ANY bank accounts.

I have a few questions:

2. The company has to be structured so that it passes the 'legitimacy test' for companies like Coinvoice and others that will help the conversion of FIAT to BTC.
[I want the company to be able to invoice in BTC and if the customers pay in USD then do the invoicing through a company like coinvoice to handle the conversion, and perhaps a similar conversion for other FIAT currencies (EUR, INR, etc). ]

3. Has the simplest rules and formalities and the lowest tax burden in terms of operating an entity.

You would be a lot better off starting a business and also accepting bitcoin. Do you really want to limit yourself to only being able to get bitcoins. The amount of business you are forcing yourself to lose is mind boggling by ONLY accepting bitcoins. This makes me think you are being more idealistic than serious about starting a business. The amount of headaches you are going to need to go through for bitcoin only is probably not worth the effort currently. You are going to have to do most of the legwork yourself and it is going to be hard and if you mess up you're screwing yourself because the government IS NOT going to be nice to you.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:03:16 PM

The only time you would absolutely have to deal with fiat would be tax time. If you are selling goods you will have to also deal with sales tax and getting your suppliers to take bit coin as payment. I would start with an excellent accountant for sure.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:05:33 PM

IMO if you are starting a company that will have paying customers, you should try to accept as many payment options as possible.   You could be leaving money on the table.  Limiting yourself to only BTC, you will lose out on some potential sales.   

For instance, I have been on some sites where they only accepted BTC, and I chose not to buy anything because I didn't want to spend any BTC at the time.   I would have used my debit or credit card if it was possible.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:06:32 PM

Don't count this as advice, but here's a link to a table that lists each nation's corporate tax rates. Click on the "Show" link for each one because sometimes the figures can be a little misleading, but if you've ever thought of registering your business in another country for tax reasons...
DavidHume

Activity: 235
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:11:27 PM

What service are you offering? Hard to start a business if there is no demand for it.

Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:15:02 PM

Bitcoin is not considered as currency in most of the world.

So you probably are beyond most regulations, unless you have an exchange
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:43:02 PM

Bitcoin is still too much of a niche market for this to really having any serious chances of succeeding. If you were to use a company that were to charge a customer's bank account or Credit card to buy bitcoin to pay you then either you or the customer would need to pay a large spread verses the price of bitcoin on major exchanges, putting this method at a great disadvantage.
luckyluigi

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:30:07 AM

An offshore company with 0% tax and no annual reporting. Getting a bank account is usually the hard part, and since you don't need one, you can have it setup tomorrow basically. And if you wanted to not pay taxes... well it could probably be done easily (not legal advice bros). A lot of people avoid taxes using FIAT, with bitcoin only, you'd have to try to get caught.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:28:58 AM

An offshore company with 0% tax and no annual reporting. Getting a bank account is usually the hard part, and since you don't need one, you can have it setup tomorrow basically. And if you wanted to not pay taxes... well it could probably be done easily (not legal advice bros). A lot of people avoid taxes using FIAT, with bitcoin only, you'd have to try to get caught.

you may be able to get by doing this if you aren't making much money, but if you plan on using this business as a living, it is highly advisable to follow the tax laws of your country.   You typically don't want to start your company from the ground floor, breaking laws straight out of the gates...lol
waldox

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

i wonder if you can incorporate on sea world (platform off of england) or in the high seas

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   * Dental Hygiene Cleaning in Toronto & Mississauga accepts Bitcoin  * Downtown Toronto Real Estate Realtor Blog & News * Toronto House Evaluation * Toronto Dental Cleaning Hygiene Centre
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hualehua

Activity: 252

I am looking for a dev!

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:00:08 PM

there are many diff with your company.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:19:58 PM

I have a few questions:

1. Easy! BTC belongs to cyberspace so your company must be there, too.
2. Didn't you say this was to be a BTC only company? There shall be no Fiat to BTC conversion. You must convince your clients to pay you with BTC.
3. You write your own rules in cyberspace. You're a free man and you don't pay tax to anyone, just like I do.
4. Plenty, but I'm afraid it won't come free. Send me a PM if needed.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:34:18 PM

not in the USA, especially not in new york.

but really apart from that it does not matter. as long as you block any new york customers

Franky1, It was only a proposal nothing more. Even if these pathetic suggestions are accepted, it cannot be enforced especially on companies residing in other countries.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: