Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [♔] British Digital Currency | 5% annual PoS - Bittrex - Fiat to BritCoin [BRIT]  (Read 125053 times)
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:22:35 PM

Yes, the wallet is unlocked - I have also prevented 'app nap'  on it (a osx quirk), it really doesn't stake the way people describe, hence I'll try the windows version over a couple of days to see if it's that. Thanks.

Yes I'm also on OS-X and I'm not getting the amount I should be.  I'm not too concerned about it right now myself but obviously this will need to be resolved.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
will7am (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 973

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:29:19 PM

It would probably be worthwhile organising some method of getting Prypto (scratchcard paper wallets) cards made up for Britcoin as an easy means for buying Britcoin.  I contacted Prypto and the said it should be no problem to arrange this with one of their resellers.  Will, if you could speak to them to set up some sort of arrangement it would be brilliant.  Here is a link to their UK resellers:

https://prypto.com/resellers/?pg=qLS1s6rS0OXZ1d3d2ew=&country=GB

That's absolutely fantastic!  I will get in touch with them today and see what we can do.  I think it's a great way to spread awareness.  Smiley

Thanks a lot, you're a legend.

kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

Hello, really sorry for not getting back to you.  We still haven't figured out why you're not getting the right amount of stake, I have been shown the lines of code responsible for calculating and paying stake and everything checks out.  I don't have OSx to test it out myself, but if we can't figure out what's causing it then I'll rent a virtual OSx box to do testing.

Btw, is your wallet unlocked?  It needs to be un-locked to receive your stake.  Also how are you calculating your daily mined coins?

I'm sure we'll figure this out one way or another, thanks for your support. Smiley

William, I presume you are the @britcoin twitter account too? I sent you screenshots of the staking not being right ages ago and you said you would follow up with the coin developer? I'm still getting nothing like the right amount of coins.

As a final test I'll install the windows wallet and send all my coins there and wait a day to see if it's anything near it should be. Looking at the block explorer though, no blocks are generated with a decent amount of stake interest in them - my 600k coins can sit there all day and get between 2-3 in total. It's as if we're getting tx fees or a very small amount compared to 5%.

Obviously none of this means much while Britcoin is young and of little value price wise, but it'd be good to understand whether this is a real issue or not. As I say, I'm not the only one to notice this.

Perhaps others see it as correct because it happens that we all get the same kind of returns and that may equal 5% a year to them?

Yes, the wallet is unlocked - I have also prevented 'app nap'  on it (a osx quirk), it really doesn't stake the way people describe, hence I'll try the windows version over a couple of days to see if it's that. Thanks.

Yep, wait 2-3 days.. At the beginning i had something similar under windows - there was just few transactions per day and that was for sure less than 5%. Now i have hundreds of small transactions per day and it looks correct.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:35:59 PM

Our PR release was published a few hours ago, check it out here;

http://tinyurl.com/ln5cw85

Keep in mind that the article was created with the general public in mind, we didn't want to scare people off by confusing them with technical terms and details that you're all familiar with on BCT.  We're already starting to get some traction with it.. I have just responded to an email from the tech journalist at the International Business Times asking me some questions about BritCoin, which is great. Smiley

Hope it's the first of many. Smiley

kotwica666
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:42:22 PM

Keep in mind that the article was created with the general public in mind, we didn't want to scare people off by confusing them with technical terms and details that you're all familiar with on BCT.  We're already starting to get some traction with it.. I have just responded to an email from the tech journalist at the International Business Times asking me some questions about BritCoin, which is great. Smiley

Well done Sir!  Smiley

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:51:18 PM

Thanks!  We're hoping that we can get some attention within the British general public, and bring in a new wave of buyers of course. Smiley

Well done Sir!  Smiley

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:31:25 PM

I tweeted Moolah and this is what they said:

@Soul_Eater_43  After the debacle that was #auroracoin - I am highly reserved on country coins...

I think it would be a good idea for the team to get in touch with them directly and assuage any fears that they have.  The addition of Moolah would be massive as it would allow direct fiat to Britcoin conversion.
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:42:53 PM

Yeah talk to them about the difference that is BRIT. No lame airdrop gimmick, etc. in fact Brit is free of any of the latest gimmicks and fads.
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:26:20 PM

I tweeted Moolah and this is what they said:

@Soul_Eater_43  After the debacle that was #auroracoin - I am highly reserved on country coins...

I think it would be a good idea for the team to get in touch with them directly and assuage any fears that they have.  The addition of Moolah would be massive as it would allow direct fiat to Britcoin conversion.

I can understand their hesitation, but I'm sure I can convince them to come around.  I will get in touch with them again and see what we can do. Smiley

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:15:32 PM

Just had a great article published on 'International Business Times' about BritCoin, take a look;

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/britcoin-future-digital-currency-uk-1457617

They recieve over 5 million visitors per month in the UK alone, so this is great publicity for us. Smiley

kotwica666
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:15:59 PM

Grin  Grin  Grin

Edit: William was faster..  Grin

Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:14:27 PM

Luckily I've started receiving payments on Coinking.io again.  I think it's the coin conversion stage that slows things down as direct payouts are very quick.  In fact I just took some of the coins out myself and converted them directly on Bittrex which was a lot quicker to test this out.

This is fortunate as I've had to cancel the alternative Pool with Livechains - it was getting too expensive.  I had already paid $90 which I thought covered me for the first month but they sent me another invoice today for $140 dollars and it was basically more trouble/cost than it was worth.  I wasn't able to even figure out how to use or run it on my own, so it didn't really make sense. 

Anyway once my mini ASIC arrives I'm going to point it straight to mining at CoinKing.  It's only 5MH/s but it should use less power than my GPU rigs and if I can replace some of my GPUs I can buy more ASICs.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:16:39 PM

Just had a great article published on 'International Business Times' about BritCoin, take a look;

They recieve over 5 million visitors per month in the UK alone, so this is great publicity for us. Smiley

Well done on that:)
Rage19420

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:15:12 PM

Noice!
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:27:57 PM

Noice!

Thanks guys!  I still think we may get some more, even bigger media publications by the end of the week.  PR releases can take days before a journalist will get in contact, so there's probably more to come.  You never know, we may reach the holy grail that is BBC. Smiley

Bad news about the dedicated multipool Soul_eater_123, but thank you for trying, it's really great of you to contribute like that. Smiley  We're still in relatively early days and we have CoinKing payouts working (eventually) and hopefully when the price goes up we'll have more people wanting to mine and get paid out in Brits.

Rage19420

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:33:45 PM

BRIT is the only coin im holding. Daytrade all the rest.  Grin
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:03:33 PM

Thanks guys!  I still think we may get some more, even bigger media publications by the end of the week.  PR releases can take days before a journalist will get in contact, so there's probably more to come.  You never know, we may reach the holy grail that is BBC. Smiley

Bad news about the dedicated multipool Soul_eater_123, but thank you for trying, it's really great of you to contribute like that. Smiley  We're still in relatively early days and we have CoinKing payouts working (eventually) and hopefully when the price goes up we'll have more people wanting to mine and get paid out in Brits.

Great work.  Now might be a good time to get in touch with David Seaman again on doing an interview, particularly as Yahoo news has picked up the IBT article.  Don't forget to mention this to him - he might be more interested if he thinks there is going to be interest building in Britcoin.  Also there is a UK based podcast called Bitcoin UK (podcast feed: http://www.bitcoinukmedia.com/?feed=podcast; @BitcoinUKmedia on Twitter) - would be worth talking to them too.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 08:05:01 PM

This coin was not pumped, not dumped.. It was mined without problems ... From the beginning to the end.. It has continous support and news..

Literally this coin has everything it should have.. but its still quite undervalued..

Fascinating Wink

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Rage19420

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

This coin was not pumped, not dumped.. It was mined without problems ... From the beginning to the end.. It has continous support and news..

Literally this coin has everything it should have.. but its still quite undervalued..

Fascinating Wink

Its way undervalued imo. Unfortunately country coins have a bad rap, but BRIT by far has excluded itself from the others.
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:54:56 PM

Fascinating Wink

It will rise soon, if there's any justice in this world haha Smiley

We'll just keep plugging away and developing and good things will come, I'm sure of it. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: