Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [♔] British Digital Currency | 5% annual PoS - Bittrex - Fiat to BritCoin [BRIT]  (Read 125054 times)
will7am (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:55:13 PM

I just wanted to say I've had a quick read through the whitepaper, and after being with Guldencoin since April time, and seeing the immense leaps forward they've made, I'd like to pick up on a couple of points.

1) Merchants And E­commerce Acquisition
This section of the whitepaper is ESSENTIAL to get Britcoin moving. In order for you to start getting merchants to accept Britcoin, they NEED a guaranteed way of exchanging their Brits into pounds, at the moment of transaction.
Some retailers might choose to hold Britcoin, but most, they'll want to be sure of the money they get, and this is the only way to ensure they come on board.
Litebit.eu is who Guldencoin partner with to ensure this happens swiftly.

2) Your offer of just 25k Brit for iOS wallet - frankly, it's going to be a shot in the dark if you get this done for such a low price. iOS developers are in huge demand, and as of yet, there's no publically available wallet that I know of (I could be wrong), but what I do know is that Guldencoin raised $3,000 in selling some of the pre-mine to get a developer to take them seriously - and by all accounts, that was a cheap price.

3. Your Britcoin for Merchants page is extremely limited - before starting to go to merchants, this should be comprehensively covered in my opinion.

I'll be keeping an eye out here to see how things develop - I was thinking to buy a significant size holding when I came across the thread, after seeing how well nation coins can thrive under the right direction.

Look forward to any feedback you may have.

Cy Smiley

Hi Cy!  Sorry for the late reply, Sunday evening is my designated bath, beer, movie and no internet time.  But now it's Monday morning and I'm glad to say there's a lot of exciting things going on with BritCoin this week.  We have been keeping a close eye on Guldencoin and would like to replicate their growth in adoption and price, but keep in mind that Guldencoin was launched awhile before Brit. Smiley

To answer your questions;

1.  We all understand the importance of merchant acquisition and our plans will be laid out in much more detail in our September Whitepaper.  BritCoin was launched just over 2 months ago, we needed to ensure that the network had been put through its paces and was secure before approaching merchants, now we feel that the network is up to the job, we are starting our merchant campaign.  Aside from our Android wallet that will be available soon, BritCoin will also be part of the Casheer.net app that will allow merchants to accept BritCoin and have it automatically converted to FIAT.  Casheer will be available through Google Play soon.

2.  iOS wallet support is a priority for us, and will come in due time.  25k BritCoins may not amount to a huge amount right now, but we have faith it will be in the near future.  Our Android and web wallet (BritBank) will be launched in the coming days, once these are operational we will work on getting a iOS wallet available, one way or another. Smiley

3.  I agree it's lacking content right now and our Merchants page on our site will be updated soon.  Once we have our first merchant (hopefully to be confirmed this week) we will be begin a directory/map of merchants and more information for new merchants on how to accept BritCoin.  We'll also be giving away 'bounties' for new merchants, more details to come on that though.

A big thanks for your feedback and questions, I really appreciated it.  BritCoin is still a very young currency and we're all working very hard to make this a success.  Whatever advice/feedback we can get from the community goes a long way to improving BritCoin. Smiley

Hi Will7am, thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about taking time off from being sat in front of a computer! Smiley

One more thing came to mind after my last message, so I wanted to ask - do you have a RichList, or at least some stats on the top 100 wallets -
what % (in total) they own of the entire coin supply?

Because of the limited amount of time mining, I have some reservations knowing how much is held by individual wallets. Of course, people may hold more than 1 wallet, but I like to know where the supply lies.

I can't say I've read every single page on the ANN, but could you also let me know how the https://buybritcoins.com/ is funded? Are the coins bought from an exchange as and when someone applies for these, or do you have a "stash" of these which are being sold as and when people wish to buy in?
On the same subject, how many people have you had buying from the website? I'm asking because it would give me (and others) a good idea how many people, outside of the crypto world, are becoming interested in Britcoin.

I've seen leigh2k14's name around a few coins, so it's good to see you've got him on board.

Smiley

Thank for the speedy response.

We do indeed have a rich list, although it only displays the top 10 for now..  I will look in to getting the top 100 available, as I would also like to know what it looks like. Smiley

You can check out the current one here.  Taking the exchange wallets out of the equation, I estimate that around 3.5 million coins out of the current 10.8 million are in the top 10 wallets. It's not preferable to have that many coins in the hands of the top 10, but that's the free market for you.  I'm sure the people who had the faith to spend large amount on BritCoin are holders who are not going to dump, or so I hope. Smiley

Plus I must add that none of the BritCoin team have enough to be in the top 10.

Regarding buybritcoins.com, this service is currently ran by myself.  I sell coins from my personal stash at the price it would take me to buy them back from the sell wall on Bittrex, that's how the numbers are worked out.  So every time someone uses the service the price goes up a little.  We've had a good amount of people use the service, which is great, most of them have not used crypto before and don't want the hassle of buying BTC in order to exchange for BritCoin.  As for numbers, I can message them to you if you like, but to give everyone an idea we've had around 30+ people buy between £25 and £250 (each) over the past month.

Leigh's a top lad and we're glad he's helping us with BritCoin, we're lucky to have him. Cheesy

The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:34:04 PM

I just wanted to say I've had a quick read through the whitepaper, and after being with Guldencoin since April time, and seeing the immense leaps forward they've made, I'd like to pick up on a couple of points.

1) Merchants And E­commerce Acquisition
This section of the whitepaper is ESSENTIAL to get Britcoin moving. In order for you to start getting merchants to accept Britcoin, they NEED a guaranteed way of exchanging their Brits into pounds, at the moment of transaction.
Some retailers might choose to hold Britcoin, but most, they'll want to be sure of the money they get, and this is the only way to ensure they come on board.
Litebit.eu is who Guldencoin partner with to ensure this happens swiftly.

2) Your offer of just 25k Brit for iOS wallet - frankly, it's going to be a shot in the dark if you get this done for such a low price. iOS developers are in huge demand, and as of yet, there's no publically available wallet that I know of (I could be wrong), but what I do know is that Guldencoin raised $3,000 in selling some of the pre-mine to get a developer to take them seriously - and by all accounts, that was a cheap price.

3. Your Britcoin for Merchants page is extremely limited - before starting to go to merchants, this should be comprehensively covered in my opinion.

I'll be keeping an eye out here to see how things develop - I was thinking to buy a significant size holding when I came across the thread, after seeing how well nation coins can thrive under the right direction.

Look forward to any feedback you may have.

Cy Smiley

Hi Cy!  Sorry for the late reply, Sunday evening is my designated bath, beer, movie and no internet time.  But now it's Monday morning and I'm glad to say there's a lot of exciting things going on with BritCoin this week.  We have been keeping a close eye on Guldencoin and would like to replicate their growth in adoption and price, but keep in mind that Guldencoin was launched awhile before Brit. Smiley

To answer your questions;

1.  We all understand the importance of merchant acquisition and our plans will be laid out in much more detail in our September Whitepaper.  BritCoin was launched just over 2 months ago, we needed to ensure that the network had been put through its paces and was secure before approaching merchants, now we feel that the network is up to the job, we are starting our merchant campaign.  Aside from our Android wallet that will be available soon, BritCoin will also be part of the Casheer.net app that will allow merchants to accept BritCoin and have it automatically converted to FIAT.  Casheer will be available through Google Play soon.

2.  iOS wallet support is a priority for us, and will come in due time.  25k BritCoins may not amount to a huge amount right now, but we have faith it will be in the near future.  Our Android and web wallet (BritBank) will be launched in the coming days, once these are operational we will work on getting a iOS wallet available, one way or another. Smiley

3.  I agree it's lacking content right now and our Merchants page on our site will be updated soon.  Once we have our first merchant (hopefully to be confirmed this week) we will be begin a directory/map of merchants and more information for new merchants on how to accept BritCoin.  We'll also be giving away 'bounties' for new merchants, more details to come on that though.

A big thanks for your feedback and questions, I really appreciated it.  BritCoin is still a very young currency and we're all working very hard to make this a success.  Whatever advice/feedback we can get from the community goes a long way to improving BritCoin. Smiley

Hi Will7am, thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about taking time off from being sat in front of a computer! Smiley

One more thing came to mind after my last message, so I wanted to ask - do you have a RichList, or at least some stats on the top 100 wallets -
what % (in total) they own of the entire coin supply?

Because of the limited amount of time mining, I have some reservations knowing how much is held by individual wallets. Of course, people may hold more than 1 wallet, but I like to know where the supply lies.

I can't say I've read every single page on the ANN, but could you also let me know how the https://buybritcoins.com/ is funded? Are the coins bought from an exchange as and when someone applies for these, or do you have a "stash" of these which are being sold as and when people wish to buy in?
On the same subject, how many people have you had buying from the website? I'm asking because it would give me (and others) a good idea how many people, outside of the crypto world, are becoming interested in Britcoin.

I've seen leigh2k14's name around a few coins, so it's good to see you've got him on board.

Smiley

We do indeed have a rich list, although it only displays the top 10 for now..  I will look in to getting the top 100 available, as I would also like to know what it looks like. Smiley

You can check out the current one here.  Taking the exchange wallets out of the equation, I estimate that around 3.5 million coins out of the current 10.8 million are in the top 10 wallets. It's not preferable to have that many coins in the hands of the top 10, but that's the free market for you.  I'm sure the people who had the faith to spend large amount on BritCoin are holders who are not going to dump, or so I hope. Smiley

Regarding buybritcoins.com, this service is currently ran by myself.  I sell coins from my personal stash at the price it would take me to buy them back from the sell wall on Bittrex, that's how the numbers are worked out.  So every time someone uses the service the price goes up a little.  We've had a good amount of people use the service, which is great, most of them have not used crypto before and don't want the hassle of buying BTC in order to exchange for BritCoin.  As for numbers, I can message them to you if you like, but to give everyone an idea we've had around 30+ people buy between £25 and £250 (each) over the past month.

Leigh's a top lad and we're glad he's helping us with BritCoin, we're lucky to have him. Cheesy

I see the potential  for this coin if it is adopted by the UK masses, it's exciting when you think about it. It's going to take lots of work to get there, but i'm sure the community will help out as much as possible.

This block explorer's rich list goes upto 100: http://blockexperts.com/brit

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:43:46 PM

I've just done some figures myself from the Richlist that Leigh supplied http://blockexperts.com/brit

Taking into account the top 150 wallets there, (10.79m coins), I found that the:
Largest 10 holders hold 4.8m of the coins, 44.51% of all supply.
By the time you get to the top 20 holders, we're looking at 6.9m coins, or 64% of the total supply.
This figure goes to 9.47m or 88% of the total supply by the time you get to the top 50 wallets.

I think personally, I'm going to sit back and watch how you guys proceed with Britcoin, rather than take a stake, for the time being at least.
With the limited POW phase, and the high concentration of coins in the hands of a few, for what is going to be a Nation coin, would prefer to air on the side of caution.
Right now, with the price at 800 SAT, there are less than 60 wallets with the equivalent of over 100 quid in them, and less than 75 wallets with more than 50 quid in them. For me, that's not, as of yet, giving prospective merchants, much of a target market who they can sell to.

I'll keep an eye out though and see how you guys come along, and wish you all the best of luck. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:58:53 PM

I've just done some figures myself from the Richlist that Leigh supplied http://blockexperts.com/brit

Taking into account the top 150 wallets there, (10.79m coins), I found that the:
By the time you get to the top 20 holders, we're looking at 6.9m coins, or 64% of the total supply.
This figure goes to 9.47m or 88% of the total supply by the time you get to the top 50 wallets.

I think personally, I'm going to sit back and watch how you guys proceed with Britcoin, rather than take a stake, for the time being at least.
With the limited POW phase, and the high concentration of coins in the hands of a few, for what is going to be a Nation coin, would prefer to air on the side of caution.
Right now, with the price at 800 SAT, there are less than 60 wallets with the equivalent of over 100 quid in them, and less than 75 wallets with more than 50 quid in them. For me, that's not, as of yet, giving prospective merchants, much of a target market who they can sell to.

I'll keep an eye out though and see how you guys come along, and wish you all the best of luck. Smiley

I'm sure as the value rises some of those top wallets will come down in size, they will want to take their profits.

Keep an eye on us, hope to see you back here soon:)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:32:20 PM

I'm sure as the value rises some of those top wallets will come down in size, they will want to take their profits.

I think your numbers are a little off, not to say that the rich list isn't what we would want it to be in the perfect world that is.

Numbers 8, 9 and 10 on the list are exchanges, judging by the amount of transactions.  So the largest top 10 wallets make up little less than your estimates, but you're right about the high number of holders, I think it's because a lot of people see the potential in BritCoin and don't want to sell cheap.  Having merchants and a good PR campaign will help increase buying demand, which will trigger holders to sell and lead to coins getting distributed a bit more evenly. 

By using Cardiff as a BritCoin test-city, we hope gain some traction in local and national media, driving up interest and price.  We're not expecting our early merchants to be accepting BritCoin on mass to begin with, that's unrealistic.  But the fact that they're setup to start accepting Britcoin is still good news.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you'll take another look at Brit in the near future and will say we're heading in the right direction. Smiley

ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:29:17 PM

Exchanges have large wallets.
Akajsoos

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:01:07 PM

500087.70325136 BRIT

my current place is fifth and iam not exchanges or bot
and every mined 1k BRIT i will send to donate or it will be sell if  have no money to beer
because i believes in this coin and support.

also i remember that i promised to William donate 50K brit after 0,10$ for 1 BRIT

p.s.  if we will have 10 guys with my opinion we will be reach very soon.

sorry for my English.
Akajsoos

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:07:47 PM

ooopps
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:09:49 PM

It's amazing to me that this coin is in so many exchanges with such a unbacked whitepaper. All ideas and no effort but yet it's traded in all major altcoin exchanges.
rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:23:04 PM

Marketplace is finished. Doing the final testing of it now. Should launch soon.
It's amazing to me that this coin is in so many exchanges with such a unbacked whitepaper. All ideas and no effort but yet it's traded in all major altcoin exchanges.
I do not see where you are getting this from but whatever.

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:51:06 PM

Poor attempt at FUD removed

It's best not to quote FUD.

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:08:19 AM

More FUD is probably going to come. The buy and sell walls have gotten fatter and the volume is rising. The price is more quickly rocking up and down. 
James1970

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:33:58 AM

only 0,5 BTC til 1k, cant wait to see price over 1k again
Akajsoos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:02:56 AM

Hello William,
Please change CCEX on Bleutrade at first page.
Thanks!
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:36:33 AM

So close to 1k Smiley  I'm sure we'll hit it and go beyond this week, so I hope. Wink

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:37:29 AM

More FUD is probably going to come. The buy and sell walls have gotten fatter and the volume is rising. The price is more quickly rocking up and down.  

As we get noticed the more the level of FUD will increase. Grin

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:40:07 AM

So close to 1k Smiley  I'm sure we'll hit it and go beyond this week, so I hope. Wink

Just a matter of time before we hit 1K.

No one has dumped which is a good sign, as it shows confidence in the coin. (I just picked up another 30K). Grin

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:55:04 AM

Hello William,
Thanks!

I've removed C-CEX (and Bluetrade) from the OP and our website.  It's prolly better to trim the fat and be rid of them, Bittrex and AllCoin are all we need right now. Smiley

Akajsoos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:14:59 AM

Hello William,
Thanks!

I've removed C-CEX (and Bluetrade) from the OP and our website.  It's prolly better to trim the fat and be rid of them, Bittrex and AllCoin are all we need right now. Smiley
agree with you
it is better
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:17:43 AM

Good increase in the price this week, up nearly 100% since the start of the month! Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: