Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:46:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Charts That Suggest Bitcoin Value Could Be At 10,000 USD Next Year  (Read 3234 times)
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:27:28 PM

Stop with the projection bullshit, bulls. That's my opinion.

My patience is starting to wear thin.

2014 is starting to look like 2011/2012: time for the network to grow, services to develop, the community to grow, etc. And price, to, well, stagnate a bit.

Don't think that's true? I don't give a fuck, we all make our bets accordingly (some sold, sold are holding, some are buying more), but whatever you decided to do, the desperate repetition of those "$10,000/$100,000 next month/year" threads is getting ridiculous.

If price really goes up that much, that fast, we will notice, I'm sure. Until then, work to improve the network in your own ways.

(And I realize that this is what Blitz has been saying for close to 6 months now. Good guy.)

Why get all worked up over some bulls speculating about a huge price increase next year? A year is a long time in Bitcoin and I don't think $10,000 next year is that unlikely. I agree the network needs time to grow and there are still important issues to deal with, but hey let the dreamers dream, the speculators speculate and the builders build. Smiley

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:35:42 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2014, 02:08:06 PM by Torque

I don't get who is going to keep buying these bitcoins to push the price that high.

Do you really believe that everyone now is either buying WHOLE bitcoins or nothing at all?  If you believe that the price goes that high because only one or a few people are buying whole bitcoins at that price, then there's a lot you don't yet understand about how exponential growth works.

1 person buying 1 btc @ $10,000 = 10 people buying 0.1 btc @ $1,000 = 100 people buying 0.01 btc @ $100 = 1000 people buying 0.001 btc @ $10, etc.

As you can see, as the pool of bitcoin buyers grows exponentially, it will only take each one of them buying a small amount of btc to push the price/btc up to astronomical levels.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4421

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:52:07 PM

I don't get who is going to keep buying these bitcoins to push the price that high.

Do you really believe that everyone now is buying WHOLE bitcoins or nothing at all?  If you believe that the price goes that high because only one or a few people are buying whole bitcoins at that price, then there's a lot you don't yet understand about how exponential growth works.

1 person buying 1 btc @ $10,000 = 10 people buying 0.1 btc @ $1,000 = 100 people buying 0.01 btc @ $100 = 1000 people buying 0.001 btc @ $10, etc.

As you can see, as the pool of bitcoin buyers grows exponentially, it will only take each one of them buying a small amount of btc to push the price/btc up to astronomical levels.

+1

It's the same as when people compare trade volumes with what they were when bitcoins were worth a small fraction of today's prices.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:56:25 PM

Once again here's a classic sign that humans are tuned for manageable numbers. Anyone who says the general population will love paying 0.0000234 for anything has spent far too much time down the rabbit hole.

$10,000 sounds like a crazy amount for a single unit of anything even when we all know perfectly well that there aren't very many of them.

There's only a few million coins. There are soon to be 12.6 billion Apple shares.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 01:57:29 PM

Once again here's a classic sign that humans are tuned for manageable numbers. Anyone who says the general population will love paying 0.0000234 for anything has spent far too much time down the rabbit hole.

There's only a few million coins. There are soon to be 12.6 billion Apple shares.

Once we have at least a million people buying, then we can start talking numbers.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:40:31 PM

Terrible article though -- we get one price chart viewed from 3 different perspectives and the google trends chart.

Using price to predict price always makes some of us nervous because price is a summary metric not fundamental.

OP should have shown reddit subs, online wallets, growth in India or Africa, etc
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:48:26 PM

$10,000 sounds like a crazy amount for a single unit of anything even when we all know perfectly well that there aren't very many of them.

.. have you been asleep with the entire Bits and MillitBTC... I currently pay everything with milliBTC..

Anyone that can't grasp we'll just change .000 001 to 1 bit has spent far to much time down the rabbit hole.
unpure

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:50:06 PM

There are unrealistic expectation and then there are dreamer.

10k by next year is beyond unrealistic expectation.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 04:53:24 PM

.. have you been asleep with the entire Bits and MillitBTC... I currently pay everything with milliBTC..

Anyone that can't grasp we'll just change .000 001 to 1 bit has spent far to much time down the rabbit hole.

Er, that's me point. Certain folks are squealing about no one wanting to pay $10,000 for a single coin. They need to rewire their perception.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:07:39 PM

There are unrealistic expectation and then there are dreamer.

10k by next year is beyond unrealistic expectation.

Dude, didn't you just post this in another thread?  Bipolar much?

Price could actually went up 10 folds with wall street pump.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 06:19:55 PM

As if amateur TA in the forum, and news articles covering old news wasn't enough,  now we have news articles covering amateur TA to reignite the conversation.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 03:53:28 PM

Anyone and everyone who wants to make money?

You have those with faith buying/holding now. When the price shoots up, those who are watching and waiting for proof BTC is for real will buy. As news of BTC shooting up hits people who never gave it a second look will pile on, etc etc etc.

We had a taste of this in Dec, the problem was the infrastructure wasn't deep enough to support MASSIVE price growth. The next bubble won't be a bubble, it will be a price correction to reflect current adoption.

scribbles

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 04:53:21 PM

Exactly. Because how would a system of measure (value, distance, weight etc) ever work with a unit so big? It's like telling me that meters are good to measure everything with! Anyone who says the general population will love using .00000234 meters as a unit of distance has spent far too much time down the rabbit hole.

Oh wait.... centimeters, millimeters...

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:26:15 PM

Exactly. Because how would a system of measure (value, distance, weight etc) ever work with a unit so big? It's like telling me that meters are good to measure everything with! Anyone who says the general population will love using .00000234 meters as a unit of distance has spent far too much time down the rabbit hole.

yeah its not like berkshire hathaway goes for 150000+ a share and people still buy them or anything? oh wait...
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:23:21 AM

yeah its not like berkshire hathaway goes for 150000+ a share and people still buy them or anything? oh wait...

Don't forget 'bits'

Oh wait, that's not a thing actually.

More on topic:

It's quite funny to see the market sentiment change from bullish to bearish to bullish and now bearish again. And the changes are pretty big as well. When the price was at $680 even most of the perms bears agreed a new rally was coming, now at $600 most people even think $4000 is a ridiculously bullish prediction.

Hilarious how people react to minor changes in price.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:51:49 AM

I am bullish on bitcoin. I think it is a matter of time we soar pass the previous peak of $1100. My question is not when, is where. Where is the next peak?

If we interpolate previous peaks, the next one is literally "off the charts". Base solely on the charts, we will be back over $1000 within 2 months, and testing new highs within 6 months. The new ATH should be around $5000. Don't get too excited, charts are NOT reliable. We have to take news and developement into account.

I think (hope) we will see more good news than bad news in 2014/15. $10,000 is not impossible, but my guess is around $2500 level by the end of 2015.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: