Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:23:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Asking] 1.4BTC loan, have collateral.  (Read 1226 times)
miffman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:31:40 PM

This is great info. Thank you. My problem is that these coins from the auction, the price for the 2 items I want come at such a great price (~2.6 for a cas coin and the gold plated bar, something I've been eyeing for a while) and this is the first time I've ever seen it happen. I've been browsing the forums for a long time, and this is the first time I actually have a good opportunity to get them. I'm torn. I would like to purchase them. And on the other hand, if Dz decides to not sell them, then I lose out.

Personally I hope Dz don't sell any all this great stuff. Nevertheless, remember he chose himself what to sell, based on the premium (and he knows what he is dealing with).
The Cas coin could go for 2BTC, since it is close to the market-price, I am unsure about the bar.

Anyway, just want you to step back and reconsider putting your self in debt for collectables, not having debt and worries are in my book "priceless".

Remember Gold and silver can be blinding, it has always had that effect on humans(for centuries) -which partly explain why we consider it "valuable".  
I wish you the best.

Thank you. I will take this advice to heart, and make my choice.  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:37:52 PM

Both of these ideas are great! However, for my own protection, and yours, I would be more comfortable with shipping the collateral. If something happens, I'm going to be labelled a scammer,  which is the worst case scenario for me.

Fiat is not a problem for me at all. I just don't covert my Fiat to BTC since the exchanges here still need to gain rep. So @haploid23,  I suppose I don't mind covering shipping from me to you, then once 2 weeks are over and I've repaid 1.6, then I can paypal the Fiat and you send it back. I'll PM you when I get back (2-3 hours)

Collateral only protects me, not you. But I'm ok without collateral because I did a quick background check on you. If you look at all the loans I've given out, they're all to trusted people, so I never need to hold collateral even though they've been offered. In this specific case, you shipping collateral is just more overhead costs for you, I'm perfectly fine with you not shipping them. I've shipped tons of international stuff, so I know the costs associated with it, and the risks during transit and while it's in customs hands.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 09:45:23 PM

This is great info. Thank you. My problem is that these coins from the auction, the price for the 2 items I want come at such a great price (~2.6 for a cas coin and the gold plated bar, something I've been eyeing for a while) and this is the first time I've ever seen it happen. I've been browsing the forums for a long time, and this is the first time I actually have a good opportunity to get them. I'm torn. I would like to purchase them. And on the other hand, if Dz decides to not sell them, then I lose out.

I wasn't aware of the situation with DZ's auction, but I skimmed the thread and I can verify that you really are using this loan to pay for those items mentioned. I'll tell you what, in the event that Dz changes his mind and end up not selling the items, you can make a repayment of only 1.45btc. If he does sell the items to you, then in two weeks you can make repayment of 1.60btc, again no hassle of escrow or collateral required. Seems like a win-win-win for all that's involved if the latter plays out: I get the small interest, you get the items rare items at well below market price, and Dz gets his funds for his wedding/honeymoon.

In the event that you have a hard time paying back the loan in btc, I can accept fiat via paypal at today's market rate on LBC. I can be quite flexible for legit loans to trusted members.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: