Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:55:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory Issue - Won't Broadcast  (Read 1678 times)
posiment (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:16:59 PM

Fairly new to Armory and I'm just testing things out sending a small amount between wallets just to learn.  I broadcast one transaction with success, but the second one keeps failing.

So I create the transaction in online armory and sign it on offline computer.  Load the signed transaction on the online and it says "All Signatures Valid!"  Armory shows "Connected 309XXX Blocks", but when go to broadcast I get a taskbar error message pop up saying something like "Connection to BitcoinQT Lost, Armory can't send the transaction until you reconnect" and then it says "Connection to Bitcoin QT re-established" and it does this a couple of times.  Finally I get a pop up window in Armory saying "Invalid Transaction - Transaction not accepted by the bitcoin network, due to a bug with Armory..."

I've restarted Armory a couple of times and tried broadcasting a number of times to no avail.  Again this is the second transaction I am trying, the first went off without a hitch, so I'm not sure what the issue could be.   Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 10:40:18 PM

Fairly new to Armory and I'm just testing things out sending a small amount between wallets just to learn.  I broadcast one transaction with success, but the second one keeps failing.

So I create the transaction in online armory and sign it on offline computer.  Load the signed transaction on the online and it says "All Signatures Valid!"  Armory shows "Connected 309XXX Blocks", but when go to broadcast I get a taskbar error message pop up saying something like "Connection to BitcoinQT Lost, Armory can't send the transaction until you reconnect" and then it says "Connection to Bitcoin QT re-established" and it does this a couple of times.  Finally I get a pop up window in Armory saying "Invalid Transaction - Transaction not accepted by the bitcoin network, due to a bug with Armory..."

I've restarted Armory a couple of times and tried broadcasting a number of times to no avail.  Again this is the second transaction I am trying, the first went off without a hitch, so I'm not sure what the issue could be.   Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Did you create the two transactions at the same time?  It's possible that the first transaction turned out to be a double spend of the second-- this happens because Armory doesn't keep track of what outputs have potentially already been spent when creating a new transaction, unless that transactions is broadcast already.  This would match your symptoms, too:  Bitcoin Core sees you broadcast a tx spending inputs that have already been spent, flags you as misbehaving and disconnects you.  You can be sure about it by looking the Bitcoin Core logs... it usually tells you why it disconnected.  Or simply create a new offline transaction, sign and broadcast.  As long as the previous one has been broadcast by the time you create the next, everything will be fine.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
posiment (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 10:51:21 PM

Did you create the two transactions at the same time?  It's possible that the first transaction turned out to be a double spend of the second-- this happens because Armory doesn't keep track of what outputs have potentially already been spent when creating a new transaction, unless that transactions is broadcast already.  This would match your symptoms, too:  Bitcoin Core sees you broadcast a tx spending inputs that have already been spent, flags you as misbehaving and disconnects you.  You can be sure about it by looking the Bitcoin Core logs... it usually tells you why it disconnected.  Or simply create a new offline transaction, sign and broadcast.  As long as the previous one has been broadcast by the time you create the next, everything will be fine.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, no it was a completely different transaction, being sent from a different wallet, to 4 different wallets (I've set up a few different wallets to spread out coins and to play around).  The first transaction was the same but from different wallets. I set this one up an hour or so after the first successful test transaction.  

Everything looks good until I go to broadcast.  Signatures good, connection good, but once I hit the "broadcast" button, immediately the green "Connected 309XXX Blocks" goes red and says "Disconnected".  That's when I get the notification tray popups saying "Connection to BitcoinQT Lost, Armory can't send the transaction until you reconnect" and then it says "Connection to Bitcoin QT re-established".  Finally I get the pop up window telling me the transaction is invalid.  I should mention I'm using version 0.91.2.  Thanks for your help.
posiment (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:10:31 PM

Did you create the two transactions at the same time?  It's possible that the first transaction turned out to be a double spend of the second-- this happens because Armory doesn't keep track of what outputs have potentially already been spent when creating a new transaction, unless that transactions is broadcast already.  This would match your symptoms, too:  Bitcoin Core sees you broadcast a tx spending inputs that have already been spent, flags you as misbehaving and disconnects you.  You can be sure about it by looking the Bitcoin Core logs... it usually tells you why it disconnected.  Or simply create a new offline transaction, sign and broadcast.  As long as the previous one has been broadcast by the time you create the next, everything will be fine.

I've just created a whole new offline transaction, signed and broadcast and I get the same thing.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:13:38 PM

How much fees are you paying and how big is the transaction? You realize this would entirely easier if you created a support ticket and attached your log file.

https://bitcoinarmory.com:8443

posiment (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:37:36 PM

How much fees are you paying and how big is the transaction? You realize this would entirely easier if you created a support ticket and attached your log file.

https://bitcoinarmory.com:8443

No I did not realize that Smiley  I figured since Armory is free I'd try to get an answer outside of support.  You guys are great, thanks and I'll send a support ticket.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 03:13:45 PM

Do me a favor.  Try broadcasting again, and then as soon as it fails, look at the end of the Bitcoin debug.log.  In Windows it would be C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\debug.log, in Linux it would be /home/<usrname>/.bitcoin/debug.log.  When Bitcoin core disconnects you, it always logs why -- usually you will see something like 'Inputs already spent" or "Invalid signature padding", etc.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: