Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashkings Lending,Deposit 1.25% INSURED, ALL PPT ACCOUNTS CLOSING ON 8/19  (Read 93711 times)
dickroast

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:59:21 PM

If everyone is pledging, I want to pledge, too. 60 bitcoins to the one who returns my horde.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2013, 08:06:42 AM

I see 840 BTC pledged so far.  That is certainly enough to pay for consultation with a lawyer.

I'm not sure why someone hasn't made a legal threat to put pressure on hashking to pay back.  You guys know who he is IRL.  He is most likely in control of 4000+ BTC, rental properties and other assets.  mining4fun11, who was posting that they had nothing worth going after, was outed as a hashking sockpuppet.

Are you guys too embarrassed you invested in an obvious scam?

Are your own finances too shady to put your real name on some legal documents against him?

Stop with the childish threats of violence and use the legal system.  If he has assets, you may be able to recover something.  If not, you weren't going to get anything regardless.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
alexmat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:13:28 AM

Lawyers want money up front. There is a saying about not using good money to chase after bad. Yes... irony.

The hardest part is nobody has anything in writing and all transactions were in bitcoin. You might as well sue the hamburglar for stealing your monopoly money.

One thing that might work in our favor is that hashking has admitted to the attorney general that he was the mastermind of his scheme. Now it's just a matter of going to small claims court and trying to explain cryptocurrency to a stressed out underpaid judge.
alexmat

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:18:17 AM

Are you guys too embarrassed you invested in an obvious scam?
Are your own finances too shady to put your real name on some legal documents against him?

I used my real identity to file with the attorney general. That's not the issue. The issue is setting a precedent for bitcoin contracts agreed to over private messages on an internet forum.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 02:09:34 PM

The issue is setting a precedent for bitcoin contracts agreed to over private messages on an internet forum.

That's why it deserves to be pursued. It has research value for deals far beyond the lending market. Maybe instead of throwing "good money", investors (and maybe even donators) can produce a lower sum to pay for a consultation.
PPT-PR

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:52:54 PM

Lawyers want money up front. There is a saying about not using good money to chase after bad. Yes... irony.

The hardest part is nobody has anything in writing and all transactions were in bitcoin. You might as well sue the hamburglar for stealing your monopoly money.

One thing that might work in our favor is that hashking has admitted to the attorney general that he was the mastermind of his scheme. Now it's just a matter of going to small claims court and trying to explain cryptocurrency to a stressed out underpaid judge.
+1

This is exactly what happened when we tried to take up a collection to go after Trendon.  Everyone contacted was more than happy to pay half of all BTC collected back to the lawyers but not one single person involved was willing to put in any money up front.  The reasons are obvious.  The chance of getting anything back is almost zero.  Any money put in up front to pay lawyers would be just more money down the drain.  Many of the people involved were wiped out by the scam so even if they did want to gamble on getting something back they really do not have anything left to gamble with.

That's why it deserves to be pursued. It has research value for deals far beyond the lending market. Maybe instead of throwing "good money", investors (and maybe even donators) can produce a lower sum to pay for a consultation.

Would you be willing to put in money up front to pay for this?  As you said it would be a donation because there is almost no chance of getting anything back.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 01:26:39 PM

Would you be willing to put in money up front to pay for this?  As you said it would be a donation because there is almost no chance of getting anything back.

Yes, especially if we could collect all similar ("guaranteed-return") cases, but I wouldn't want to waste more than 10BTC, not for a mere "no" answer. For this to go to court and properly "almost fail", I'd be willing to pay more. I hope someone takes the lead and makes a spectacle of this.
alphadude

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 11, 2013, 08:26:02 PM

Time to register SAM THEOFANOPOULOS .com now. Is confronting him physically and having a chat a viable alternative?

Fly out to Illinois to chat with him? I don't look big or scary enough to be effective... haha... any volunteers?

Hi I live in east saint louis and have at least 7 frans who look scary. If the trip isn't too far and we get a few tips we could surely attempt to liberate the coin

If you can speak with him and convince him to liberate the coin he owes everyone, you can have half of what he pays me back.

I'm sure other's would be more than happy to make similar offers, but I can't speak on their behalf.

This is a list that can be used to determine how much everyone is owed based on Sam's earlier attempt to feign payback: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66802.msg1243257#msg1243257

+1
Jurek

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2013, 08:55:02 PM

Is it he or she after all?

PSYCHOTICBOY IS A THIEF AND A SCAMMER BE WARNED!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129941
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 12:28:07 PM

So with coins worth about $40 per now I'm out over $1600 USD thanks to Hashking.  That's enough to motivate me to do something.

As mentioned before everybody is willing to chip in After-The-Fact if a settlement is reached.  We need to create a fund of people who are willing to pay up-front.  Anybody who does not contribute to the fund is not eligible for compensation from the settlement (if one is reached).  I have no legal background but I get to have fun with a deposition in a couple week (God I hate those things).  I'll be asking my med-mal lawyer if he know any attorneys in who might be willing to pursue the case.  But I'm located in CA and Hashking is located in the crook capitol of the US (Chicago area I believe).  If anybody in that vicinity knows an attorney who might be able to take up the case that would be better.

I think a reasonable number to ask if for 12.5 to 25% of the amount lost - in my case I lost about 40 BTC so I would have to chip in 5-10BTC.  We either need a mod or a very senior member to act as collections for fund.  I'm not volunteering myself as I'm too busy at the moment with the deposition, my business, babies, etc.
alexmat

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 05:46:17 AM

So with coins worth about $40 per now I'm out over $1600 USD thanks to Hashking.  That's enough to motivate me to do something.

As mentioned before everybody is willing to chip in After-The-Fact if a settlement is reached.  We need to create a fund of people who are willing to pay up-front.  Anybody who does not contribute to the fund is not eligible for compensation from the settlement (if one is reached).  I have no legal background but I get to have fun with a deposition in a couple week (God I hate those things).  I'll be asking my med-mal lawyer if he know any attorneys in who might be willing to pursue the case.  But I'm located in CA and Hashking is located in the crook capitol of the US (Chicago area I believe).  If anybody in that vicinity knows an attorney who might be able to take up the case that would be better.

I think a reasonable number to ask if for 12.5 to 25% of the amount lost - in my case I lost about 40 BTC so I would have to chip in 5-10BTC.  We either need a mod or a very senior member to act as collections for fund.  I'm not volunteering myself as I'm too busy at the moment with the deposition, my business, babies, etc.

The problem is proving you had a legally binding contract with hashking. If you can do that, then it's just a matter of going to small claims court.

I did get a statement from the realty office he works with denying any association with the scheme, if anyone is interested, I'm happy to post it.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
March 11, 2013, 06:55:49 AM

I can hold the collections for free if needed. Hope you guys get your money back from that crook.
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2013, 04:03:06 AM

The problem is proving you had a legally binding contract with hashking. If you can do that, then it's just a matter of going to small claims court.

I did get a statement from the realty office he works with denying any association with the scheme, if anyone is interested, I'm happy to post it.

I think the fact that he put this BS in his first post

All my depositers funds are 100% guaranteed and will not lose any funds due to any defaults unless stated otherwise.

and we have at least 30 plus witnesses who would be happen to have written/audio testimony taken would lend credence to the contract.  The decision for the judge to make is if this bitcoin thing is some black voodoo magic or a real entity with a definable value in terms of USD.  I don't have much info from my PMs but I'm sure somebody has him making similar statements since he may have actually thought he was honest at some point in time.

Thank you John for offering to hold the collection.  If we can get some of the "big loosers" to chime in (and chip in) I would be happy to add 10 BTC to the fund (I would send John the BTC right now if I knew he wouldn't have to send it back for lack of interest).  The longer this drags on the more likely BTC price will go higher and the chance for full repayment will be less and less likely (I would be happy if I just got back whatever I pay into the legal pot just to see him convicted and possibly do some jail time).  He choose to walk away from the situation - it's our choice to either let him get away with it or attempt to bring him to justice.
dickroast

View Profile
March 17, 2013, 12:53:39 AM

I don't even need all of my bitcoins back, I just want the dollar value of the coins at the time I sent them to him, which now with current rates would be only a quarter of the coins owed to me.

But what is this about him admitting to the attorney general that he is indeed hashking? How is this not more substantial in everyone's efforts. Are there efforts?
DrG
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 10:51:38 AM

I don't even need all of my bitcoins back, I just want the dollar value of the coins at the time I sent them to him, which now with current rates would be only a quarter of the coins owed to me.

But what is this about him admitting to the attorney general that he is indeed hashking? How is this not more substantial in everyone's efforts. Are there efforts?

Where did you see this admission?
dickroast

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 02:27:58 PM

Post 975
Jurek

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2013, 06:12:48 PM

Hell I would by happy if I got anything from that duche. I had 150 coins with HK, damn it HK give me at least 150$! It's all fun and games over the internet, I am honestly curious how you can live knowing how much legitimate, hard earned money you took from so many families in the USA and around the world.

This topic should be pinned, to show any idiot like we were to NOT TRUST ANYBODY EVER.
So much rage in this thread, what happend to "I've got 11 scary looking dudes in chicago"? Pussies..

HK, fuck you.

PSYCHOTICBOY IS A THIEF AND A SCAMMER BE WARNED!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129941
alphadude

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:30:37 AM

HK owes me 70 BTC. Anyone want to buy that debt?
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 11:52:22 AM

HK owes me 70 BTC. Anyone want to buy that debt?

LOL   Cheesy

This a joke post, right?

22bones

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 10:43:06 PM

Are we to the point yet where a small enough percentage of owed BTC is enough to pay off the lawyers/investigators?  If not, when will that be? $1000/BTC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: