Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:22:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing the 2nd monthly publication contest for Crypto Worldwide - BTC prizes  (Read 540 times)
ScottSidders (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 08:04:55 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2015, 05:11:09 AM by ScottSidders

Welcome the monthly publication contest for Crypto Worldwide!

Publications are due August 15th, 2015 at the latest.

To enter the contest you are to submit one publication maximum per person to my email: ScottSidders@CryptoWorldwide.com. You can submit the piece in either Word, Pages, or text in an email. All contestants must be willing to have their work published on this website if it wins the contest. If your work doesn't win, I will only publish it if I have your permission.

This months prizes for the top 3 picks are:

1st – 0.5 BTC

2nd – 0.3 BTC

3rd – 0.2 BTC

Details:

The publication should be an investigative piece on a crypto coin, crypto business, or a crypto person, general topics are also allowed. It must be between 500-1500 words. The piece should contain a thesis and proceed to put forth a reasoned defence of that thesis. The piece should demonstrate that some research has been done and uses the research in a meaningful and significant way. The piece will be judged based on clarity, precision, cogency, and conciseness. The strength of the defence given in support of the thesis will be weighted heavily as well as whether or not the thesis says something meaningful and significant. Plagiarism is absolutely unacceptable and will disqualify the entry without warning. For citing sources, it can be in any format you choose as long as viewers can easily locate the source, quote, or paraphrase. Please edit your work, I’ll let a few spelling/grammatical errors slide, but I don’t have time to correct 25 different mistakes!

Things to keep in mind while writing your article:

– articles will not be judged, negatively or positively, based on the particular crypto coin, business, person, or topic you choose to write on

– articles will not be judged, negatively or positively, based on whether the coin, business, person, or topic is normatively good, bad, or ugly — as long as the article is accurate. In other words, don’t write about a “good” coin saying it’s a scam or don’t write about a scam coin saying it’s good (obviously there is room for debate over whether a particular coin, business, person, or topic is good or bad so strong evidence and argumentation are key)

– articles will not be judged, negatively or positively, based on if your article is controversial and/or I disagree with the conclusion you’ve reached. Readers should be apt to reach their own conclusions. However, factual misinformation will be challenged and will likely result in disqualification.

Here is an example that you should strive to surpass, “DASH Solves Bitcoin’s Privacy Problem,” the 1st place winner for July. Submissions that meet adequate standards can be published on this website with a maximum of 3 public addresses for tips/donations at the bottom of your article with your permission. If you are displeased with how your article was judged in the contest, please (I know it’s difficult) take a day or two to let your anger subside, then we’ll have a rational discussion about your work.

Prizes will differ from month-to-month, but I will be continuing these contests monthly so in the interest of transparency, all winners will have their public addresses published to show payment was sent. Once all articles have been submitted, I will aim to have the winners posted August 20th, 2015.

For any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact me at:

ScottSidders@CryptoWorldwide.com
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 01:56:44 AM

All contestants must be willing to have their work published on this website if it meets adequate standards.

I would be interested in this but I have a question on the above terms.

Would this apply as well to works not winning the contest? In other words, simply by entering would we be giving you the right to publish our submissions without further compensation?
ScottSidders (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 05:08:20 AM

No if the entry doesn't win, I won't publish unless I have your permission. Cheers.

EDIT: Changes have been made to make this more clear.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:20:09 AM

Hi, Scott,

May I suggest that you escrow the funds to a reputable member of these forums?
If you use escrow you will see a lot more interest from forum members.

Good luck with the contest and your website Smiley
ScottSidders (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 07:26:24 AM

May I suggest that you escrow the funds to a reputable member of these forums?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be looking into this for sure.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 09:41:03 AM

do you need our real names? Or could we leave that blank or use a pseudonym?
ScottSidders (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 01:28:25 PM

Pseudonyms are fine or I can post the article as anonymous.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: