Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:04:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Apps  (Read 900 times)
jamin1985 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 11:00:46 PM

I've notice their doesn't seem to be a lot of mobile apps for bitcoins besides wallets.

Gyft is also leading the charge of using bitcoins on apps, but its still slow to evolve onto mobile. Are Apple and Google responsible or am I missing something?

dbshck
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:58:56 AM

What kind of apps do you mean?
In Android, there are so much apps about bitcoin besides wallet, like price ticker, news aggregator, altcoin information etc.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:56:29 AM

I've notice their doesn't seem to be a lot of mobile apps for bitcoins besides wallets.

Gyft is also leading the charge of using bitcoins on apps, but its still slow to evolve onto mobile. Are Apple and Google responsible or am I missing something?

If u talk about iPhone... yes there is a shortage of Apps and Apple is responsible for this for their whimsical attitude towards Bitcoin. No one would want to invest their time and money on a third party platform that may eventually boot them out.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 12:08:50 PM

bitcoin can permit "pay for something".
you don't have need some stupid app... only a wallet and an QR code implemented is needed (with a safe way to storage).

bitcoin wallet and mycelium do this.
Nerazzura

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:32:18 PM

In advance, Google also supports full "Bitcoin". However, only limited support only. in the sense of maintaining the security of 3rd Party Applications Virtual Currency.

Large technology companies such as Amazon.com also supports. But, still reluctant to use it. Because there are still many people who do not yet know about Bitcoiin

Oscar Darmawan. As the owner Trading Bitcoin.co.id said: Very Happy with that policy changes made ​​by the Company Apple.inc.

Oscar Darmawan said: Bitcoiin is digital money that guns could be underestimated. Until Apple.inc Technology Company The policy change.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:39:56 PM

If u talk about iPhone... yes there is a shortage of Apps and Apple is responsible for this for their whimsical attitude towards Bitcoin. No one would want to invest their time and money on a third party platform that may eventually boot them out.

Given the number of iOS devices out there it would be foolish to simply not bother developing Bitcoin applications on the basis that Apple may boot them off in the future. Surely it is worth the 'risk' for the potential number of users you application could target.

den.faulkner1990

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:28:49 PM

if u talkinn' about android - try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cryptcoins.btcare
i have used it few months ago. looks pretty, but it have some bugs.

something about 7/10
monim1

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:47:17 PM

As far i know there are few BTC app available on Android store.
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 03:26:06 PM

Given the number of iOS devices out there it would be foolish to simply not bother developing Bitcoin applications on the basis that Apple may boot them off in the future. Surely it is worth the 'risk' for the potential number of users you application could target.

I have iPhone app development expertise. But I wont risk my time on something that'll rely on third party's will to make money for me. iPhone API is a closed wall garden. In android, even if u r booted out by Google, u can still run as an untrusted app by providing download from your own website. If u r popular, u have still chances to float. But in iPhone, u r absolutely on Apple's mercy. Previously I have bad experience with Twitter regarding this, changing their API w/o thinking about devs. At least I wont take this Apple risk unless there's a VC supporting me.

ChiefTime

Activity: 16

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

I thought (and it's also noted in the article that) bitcoin wallets were constantly being kicked off the apple store? How is gliph getting around that issue?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4488

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:37:38 PM

bitcoin is a payment system.. so a bitcoin app would be predominently wallets.. after all bitcoin is not washing liquid, where it requires apps to help you to wash dishes.

bitcoin is not a newspaper, so a bitcoin app wont tell you about the fact that governments want to add more lithium along with fluoride into the water supply.

so what true and actual bitcoin service is the app market missing..?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:44:47 PM

looks pretty, but it have some bugs.

a notice : DON'T USE app don't indicate and highly tested on this section ... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=37.0

bitcoin is money.
you can't trust app on a store ... simply with read the description (crazy man !)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: