Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:25:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin needs to clean up it's reputation - Support the good cause.  (Read 2328 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:18:19 PM

The one where news media reports Bitcoin crimes only. Outside of forums and Reddit, nobody reports altcoin scams. Like I said, nobody hears about them.

..and if it's not in the mainstream media, it's not happening?

Suzy Q Fox News watcher has barely heard of Bitcoin. Do you think she's going to even understand what a NameCoin is?

Mainstream news is dumbed down and spoon fed. They just want to shock and awe.

Fear and disgust are the two emotions news outlets try to elicit. It's harder to do that if you have to explain to the watcher for 45 minutes what the fuck an "alt" coin is.

I have no idea what you are talking about. *plonk*

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:35:36 PM

DOGE

We're not DOGE.

We're a a whole different animal entirely.

I like DOGE because of the fundraisers. In fact, this is the only reason I own any DOGE.

Enough with the joke coins already. No Doge is not a different animal. You do not support Wikileaks, EFF, or anything serious for that matter. Where was Doge during the Typhoon in the Philippines? How many homeless people did dogecoins feed in the last few years?  Where is the Doge 100 list of charities?

Sadly, if dogecoin was actually takes seriously, it would also be used by criminals because that would mean it has actual value. Dogecoins are today's Garbage Pail Kids of the cryptocurrency toyland. Enjoy the laughs while you can.

The criminal thing is actually an interesting point. You don't hear about a lot of doge scammers either.
You don't hear about scammers in litecoin, namecoin, ppcoin, or any other altcoin either. There is nothing special about dogecoin there.

Ummm...people aren't scamming other people for Litecoin, Namecoin, PeerCoin and Dogecoin?

What planet are you guys on?

The one where news media reports Bitcoin crimes only. Outside of forums and Reddit, nobody reports altcoin scams. Like I said, nobody hears about them.
that is because not enough people know about altcoins to make it worthy for the MSM to report on.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:47:50 AM

DOGE

We're not DOGE.

We're a a whole different animal entirely.

I like DOGE because of the fundraisers. In fact, this is the only reason I own any DOGE.

Enough with the joke coins already. No Doge is not a different animal. You do not support Wikileaks, EFF, or anything serious for that matter. Where was Doge during the Typhoon in the Philippines? How many homeless people did dogecoins feed in the last few years?  Where is the Doge 100 list of charities?

Sadly, if dogecoin was actually takes seriously, it would also be used by criminals because that would mean it has actual value. Dogecoins are today's Garbage Pail Kids of the cryptocurrency toyland. Enjoy the laughs while you can.

The criminal thing is actually an interesting point. You don't hear about a lot of doge scammers either.
You don't hear about scammers in litecoin, namecoin, ppcoin, or any other altcoin either. There is nothing special about dogecoin there.

Ummm...people aren't scamming other people for Litecoin, Namecoin, PeerCoin and Dogecoin?

that is because not enough people know about altcoins to make it worthy for the MSM to report on.
People don't know enough about Bitcoin to make it worth covering other than bad stuff. And the occasional rise to $1,100. But since this poses such a threat to the traditional system (And everyone thinks it's already too late to cash in on it and make some serious cash), everyone wants to wreck the popularity and bash it because they never got in on it.

But it is true, I'd draw the line at Bitcoin. In the altcoin universe, there is NO WAY you are going to get your coin on the news, since it's hard enough for people to understand what Bitcoin is. Diving past Bitcoin would lose about 58% of the viewers instantly. They'd have no idea what you're saying.

And knowing the media, they'd probably bullcrap and spin it around too, and say everything is a clone of Bitcoin with nothing special, and equait is as "value extensions of Bitcoin", to convince people that altcoins are extensions of Bitcoin with different names, leeching off of the value, and that "Bitcoin has no value because anyone can make a coin that adds more to the total coin count."

This isn't even entertaining anymore. It's just downright stupid.
FlowerMatt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:01:14 AM

Reputation has nothing to do with it. They see it as a threat and nothing that anyone says or does will change that because it's true. It is a threat.

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:49:56 PM

People don't know enough about Bitcoin to make it worth covering other than bad stuff. And the occasional rise to $1,100. But since this poses such a threat to the traditional system (And everyone thinks it's already too late to cash in on it and make some serious cash), everyone wants to wreck the popularity and bash it because they never got in on it.
bitcoin received a fairly good amount of press when it was rallying due to issues in Cypress.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: