Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin arbitrage method (6%)  (Read 4597 times)
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:09:44 AM

if this is scam, why it is up here since over 2 weeks and moderators didnt clean it? :/

Bitcoin talk doesn't remove probably scams (caveat emptor, or buyer beware).. But I think arbitrage has had its day.. Back when btc was between 2 and 12 dollars, one could make a lot of money arbitraging. Thats how I made most of of my coin. Now, its much more difficult, still can be done, but there is a lot more risk involved.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:17:44 PM

if this is scam, why it is up here since over 2 weeks and moderators didnt clean it? :/

Bitcoin talk doesn't remove probably scams (caveat emptor, or buyer beware).. But I think arbitrage has had its day.. Back when btc was between 2 and 12 dollars, one could make a lot of money arbitraging. Thats how I made most of of my coin. Now, its much more difficult, still can be done, but there is a lot more risk involved.

True arbitrage is not possible with bitcoin as you cannot move your bitcoin instantly without your counter-party risking a double spend attack 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:48:41 PM

True arbitrage is not possible with bitcoin as you cannot move your bitcoin instantly without your counter-party risking a double spend attack  

It is possible if you already have the bitcoins you need to buy/sell in place (ex: on another exchange). Anyway, every arbitrage "investment" has proven to be a scam until now so invest at your own risk (loosing your investment 100% most likely).
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:29:23 PM

It is possible if you already have the bitcoins you need to buy/sell in place (ex: on another exchange). Anyway, every arbitrage "investment" has proven to be a scam until now so invest at your own risk (loosing your investment 100% most likely).

If you already held bitcoin then you would need to risk the existing bitcoin that you held.

True arbitrage is suppose to be a risk-free investment. That is how those scams are so successful as people do not believe they are risking any funds. 
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:25:00 AM

If you already held bitcoin then you would need to risk the existing bitcoin that you held.

True arbitrage is suppose to be a risk-free investment. That is how those scams are so successful as people do not believe they are risking any funds. 

It's clearly you don't understand how arbitrage works. You don't risk anything if you do it right. You buy 1 btc on one exchange for $600 and you sell 1 btc on another exchange for $610 but you do it in the same time, not wayting to transfer the one btc from one exchange to another. In the end you will still have 1 btc and 10 more dollars and you didn't risked anything. Anyway, this is only in theory because in practice you have fees and risks asociated with keeping your money on exchanges.
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:15:07 PM

It's clearly you don't understand how arbitrage works. You don't risk anything if you do it right. You buy 1 btc on one exchange for $600 and you sell 1 btc on another exchange for $610 but you do it in the same time, not wayting to transfer the one btc from one exchange to another. In the end you will still have 1 btc and 10 more dollars and you didn't risked anything. Anyway, this is only in theory because in practice you have fees and risks asociated with keeping your money on exchanges.
You would still be risking your dollars when you invest in that one bitcoin that you used to execute that arbitrage. At the end of your trade in your example you would have an asset worth $600 and $10 in fiat. If the price of bitcoin were to decline, to say $550 on both exchanges then you would have an asset worth $550 and $10 in fiat with a loss of $40 from before you executed your arbitrage.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:54:46 AM

This is almost certainly a scam. There is no such thing as a guaranteed, risk free return on your investment.

This spot for rent.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: