Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:29:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The scandal of fiddled global warming data  (Read 1391 times)
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:47:41 PM

Some segments of the Internet are abuzz with the claim by climate change skeptic Steven Goddard (Tony Heller) over at his Real Science blog that NASA/NOAA have been jiggering the numbers so that they can claim that warmest years in the continental United States occurred recently, not back in the 1930s. Folks, please watch out for confirmation bias.http://reason.com/archives/2011/07/12/scientific-literacy-climate-ch
https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/noaanasa-dramatically-altered-us-temperatures-after-the-year-2000/

Via email, I asked Anthony Watts, proprietor of WattsUpWithThat, what he thinks of Goddard's claims. He responded...
http://wattsupwiththat.com/
    ...while it is true that NOAA does a tremendous amount of adjustment to the surface temperature record, the word“fabrication” implies that numbers are being plucked out of thin air in a nefarious way when it isn’t exactly the case.

“Goddard” is wrong is his assertions of fabrication, but the fact is that NCDC isn’t paying attention to small details, and the entire process from B91’s to CONUS creates an inflated warming signal. We published a preliminary paper two years ago on this which you can read here: http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/29/press-release-2/

About half the warming in the USA is due to adjustments. We' received a lot of criticism for that paper, and we’ve spent two years reworking it and dealing with those criticisms. Our results are unchanged and will be published soon.

continue:  http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/23/did-nasanoaa-dramatically-alter-us-tempe
I have eyes, ears and a mind. I am also a natural skeptic, I do my due diligence before making up my mind on things, particularly as important as this is. I am hardly an alarmist, more pragmatic really. So, best you calm down and do some critical thinking about this climate denial you are so fond of. Not sure why.....obsession it seems.
In the mean time the truth marches on, remember the earth is NOT flat either.
Had you read any further down the thread, you would have found that I did your homework for you and found a critique of bookers report from a source that I consider to be reasonable.

I still find it odd that you so blindly follow 'science' when it comes to AGW while, at the very same moment, you believe genetically modified crops and critters to be deadly poisen despite the obvious fact that genetics is a far more legitimate discipline than climate could ever hope to be.

Believe one branch of 'science'... especially as shoddy a one as AGW while you dismiss geneticists as quackery?  Are 'scientists' to be believed without question or are they to be questioned whenever you have a question?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:56:26 PM

Believe whatever you like, the results are in. The only thing left is to take action that might extend our existence on this planet. But keep on barking up that tree, see how it works for ya.  good luck........

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:58:56 PM

Well fiddle faddle...yet somehow the sea level continues to rise.  Water is coming from somewhere. I wonder how that happens?  Must be that underwater volcano in the Antarctic, that's probably something new.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:02:41 PM

Well fiddle faddle...yet somehow the sea level continues to rise.  Water is coming from somewhere. I wonder how that happens?  Must be that underwater volcano in the Antarctic, that's probably something new.
Sea levels have been rising since the end of the last ice age and no one much notices or cares except, perhaps, the Dutch.

A relatively new phenomina is federal subsidies for flood insurance on the east coast.  Prior, when the ocean reach up and smote someone, they would know not to rebuild in that spot.  Thanks to feds subsidies, they keep building over and over again in the same spots where the last storm smacked 'em.

Meanwhile, over in the gulf states, the continent has been slowly subsiding for a thousand years.  The mississippi used to flood pretty much every year and the sediments deposited raised the land about the same rate as the subsidence dropped it.  However, now the mississippi is not allowed to flood any more, so.... the subsidence wins.

Oh, the feds rebuilt new orleans after the gulf reached up and smote it.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:05:40 PM

Sea levels have been rising since the end of the last ice age and no one much notices or cares except, perhaps, the Dutch.

A relatively new phenomina is federal subsidies for flood insurance on the east coast.  Prior, when the ocean reach up and smote someone, they would know not to rebuild in that spot.  Thanks to feds subsidies, they keep building over and over again in the same spots where the last storm smacked 'em.

Meanwhile, over in the gulf states, the continent has been slowly subsiding for a thousand years.  The mississippi used to flood pretty much every year and the sediments deposited raised the land about the same rate as the subsidence dropped it.  However, now the mississippi is not allowed to flood any more, so.... the subsidence wins.

Wow – are you for real?.  Talk to the people in South. Florida, and they will tell you more about the rising of the seas levels than google does .

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:09:08 PM

Wow – are you for real?.  Talk to the people in South. Florida, and they will tell you more about the rising of the seas levels than google does .
You mean the ones who keep rebuilding their homes in flood plains and then act all surprised when their homes get washed away in storm surge?  Those same people who's home owners insurance is subsidized by you and me so that they can live in their palaces on the beach?  Those guys?
If you build your home on the beach, eventually you are going to get wet.
Oh, but lets make rewarding stupid choices the norm, shall we?   In Alaska there are avalanche zones.  Lets have the feds subsidize home owners insurance so that building in an avalanche zone becomes a smart thing to do... after all, when your house is destroyed, you get a brand new one!I love this idea!  Oh, and lets extend the flood plain subsidies to the west, too!  I want to build a home on the banks of the Susitna river!  When the bank erodes out from under my home, I'll get another home build a few feet away... for free!
What an awesome idea!  Very Keynesian!  Think of all the employment this could generate as peoples homes get washed away by erosion or avalanche!

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:15:54 PM

When these hypocritical idiots start acting like there is a problem, then I will listen to them, until then, its all about how much money they can make and how much money they can screw people out of:

Greenpeace executive flies 250 miles to work

And al gore flies his private jet all over the world to give speeches about global warming and the dangers of fossil fuel. Yep, follow the money, the trail leads to rich guys like this who are getting richer selling the fear and convincing people they can control the weather.
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:45:08 PM

Isn't this whole global climate change argument just a massive
smoke screen obfuscating the real issue that no one wants to
directly address ?? Namely that we live on a planet with finite
carbon based resources that are the basis of our transportation
and power generating capabilities ?? Peak Fossil Fuels is coming
( sooner or later ), it's a mathematical certainty .. We can continue
with business as usual until we can't .. I'd prefer a smoother transition
UP the energy density curve to meet our future energy needs ..

Bottom line .. it's all about the cheapest way to boil water to make steam to
turn a turbine to generate electricity .. The liberals hate coal ( dirty but cheap ) ..
Fine .. but wind turbines, solar PV and solar thermal are intermittant and
don't/won't  scale .. This leaves Gen III and Gen IV fission plants and we'd
better have the sense to roll them out before we pull the kill switch
on existing coal and gas generating stations ..

Forget climate change ..
Time to focus on solutions and the best path forward ..

Triff ..@I luv the thorium fuel cycle .. MSBR/LFTRs anyone Huh??

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: