Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:15:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Bitcointalk  (Read 2388 times)
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:39:34 AM

Welcome to the thing that will take over your life. Cheesy
scribbles

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:47:33 PM

I used your website to send flowers today, and I'm happy to support a small business accepting bitcoin.
However, your website really needs some fixes before I would shop with you again. Here were a couple things from my experience (using Chrome browser):

1. When trying to select an arrangement, the page scrolls through options automatically. I constantly had to navigate back to an arrangement I was looking at or reading about since there is no way to stop the automatic scrolling. Just keep it simple and have a static page with options.

2. When you change the arrangement size, it doesn't update the price until you hover over 'add to cart'. But this isn't explained anywhere and I tried to change the size multiple times before I could see the price differences.

3. After paying with bitcoin, there is a message to call and confirm your order if buying after hours. First, there's no definition of after hours. Second, why would I place an order online, receive a confirmation email AND have to call and confirm by phone after? Very inconvenient.

4. When I went back to the site after completing my order my item was still in the shopping cart like I hadn't made the purchase. Glitchy and made me wonder if the order was actually placed.

I hope you can resolve some of these website issues and your business is successful.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:54:57 PM

Hello,

The After Hours Flowers has just implemented Coinbase to accept payment in Bitcoin!

We are excited to become a part of this community and hope to learn a great deal from everyone.

Thanks for being here and we hope to hear from you soon!

So... If I should need flowers at rather peculiar times, I may use your services, I presume? What do you've got in stock? Sunflowers? Tulips?  Smiley

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:57:51 PM

Glad to have you here you're very much welcome.  Thank for offering your service in return for Biticoin.  Make sure to post a thread letting everyone know in the marketplace or services section so people can find you site.  Also try to get added to a list of merchants that accept Bitcoin as another way to get traffic to your site.   Wink  
Nietzsche387

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:55:19 AM

Hello everyone, I also quite new here, however this forum seems really useful! Hope, I will learn a lot from here Smiley
Gianluca95
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1196

Reputation first.

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:50:29 AM

Hi ! Welcome to the forum and stay away from the scammer, because in this forum there are a lot.

█████████████████████████████
███▀█████████████████████▀███
███  ▀▀███████████████▀▀  ███
███     ████▀▀ ▀▀████     ███
███     ██▀       ▀██     ███
███     ██         ██     ███
███     ██▄       ▄██     ███
███     ████▄▄ ▄▄████     ███
███  ▄▄███████████████▄▄  ███
███▄█████████████████████▄███
.Mixin Safe.

▄███████▄     
██▀   ▀██
             ▄███████▄
██▄   ▄██             ██▀   ▀██
▀███████▀             ██▄   ▄██
   ███     ▄███████▄  ▀███████▀
   ███▀▀   ██▀   ▀██     ███
   █████   ██▄   ▄██     ███▀▀
   ▀▀▀     ▀███████▀     █████
              ███        ▀▀▀
              ███▀▀
              █████
              ▀▀▀
2/3 Multisig Decentralized
Bitcoin Custody Solutions
💎
💪
🔓
CONFIDENT
RELIABLE
RECOVERABLE
..GET STARTED..
PangPang

Activity: 499

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:10:21 PM

Hello,

The After Hours Flowers has just implemented Coinbase to accept payment in Bitcoin!

We are excited to become a part of this community and hope to learn a great deal from everyone.

Welcome to bitcointalk, theafterhoursflowers.
Have you got more business after accepting bitcoin?  Smiley

theafterhoursflowers (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:04:28 PM

Hey scribbles, thank you for your input! I am sorry to hear you were getting frustrated, but really appreciate the feedback. To address your critiques:

1. When trying to select an arrangement, the page scrolls through options automatically. I constantly had to navigate back to an arrangement I was looking at or reading about since there is no way to stop the automatic scrolling. Just keep it simple and have a static page with options.

I agree, this was an idea our designer had to make it simpler but you are not the only one to complain about the slider. For the time being I have slowed it down and as long as you have clicked on any asset of the page (form, add to cart, etc), it will stop sliding to the next page.

2. When you change the arrangement size, it doesn't update the price until you hover over 'add to cart'. But this isn't explained anywhere and I tried to change the size multiple times before I could see the price differences.

The prices were taking some time to update because we had our Wordpress site (already slow) on shared hosting with Register. I have purchased a VPS from Briehost who is reputed to have some fast and straight forward VPS, also accepting coin payments Smiley Our server should be fast enough to avoid future problems with showing pricing...

3. After paying with bitcoin, there is a message to call and confirm your order if buying after hours. First, there's no definition of after hours. Second, why would I place an order online, receive a confirmation email AND have to call and confirm by phone after? Very inconvenient.

We will change this as soon as possible to define after hours - we have this notification because we are too small to have a night time manager on staff at all hours, but we are working on hiring one as soon as fiscally possible Smiley

4. When I went back to the site after completing my order my item was still in the shopping cart like I hadn't made the purchase. Glitchy and made me wonder if the order was actually placed.

I have informed my developer of this point and he is fixing it now.

Thanks again for the support, and check your PM inbox for a $50 coupon. It does not expire, so you can use it whenever you think the time is right Smiley
SomeoneInNeed

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:09:31 PM

Welcome to the forum.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 09:37:50 PM

So... If I should need flowers at rather peculiar times, I may use your services, I presume? What do you've got in stock? Sunflowers? Tulips?  Smiley

Hey minerpumpkin! Yes, if you need flowers delivered at 3:37am - or any other unconventional time - to someone in NYC, we are the only company that will do it.

Our current summer stock includes:

Sunflowers
Roses (all colors)
Lilies (all colors)
Daisies
Carnations
Poms of all sorts
Alstroemeria / Peruvian lilies

We can also accommodate any custom order as long as we are given notice, since we do not always stock every flower type we need time to go to the flower markets in the morning to buy them for you Smiley

Don't hesitate to reach out with a phone call or email, or here on BTCtalk if you need any help!
scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:40:49 PM

Hey scribbles, thank you for your input! I am sorry to hear you were getting frustrated, but really appreciate the feedback. To address your critiques:

I agree, this was an idea our designer had to make it simpler but you are not the only one to complain about the slider. For the time being I have slowed it down and as long as you have clicked on any asset of the page (form, add to cart, etc), it will stop sliding to the next page.

The prices were taking some time to update because we had our Wordpress site (already slow) on shared hosting with Register. I have purchased a VPS from Briehost who is reputed to have some fast and straight forward VPS, also accepting coin payments Smiley Our server should be fast enough to avoid future problems with showing pricing...

We will change this as soon as possible to define after hours - we have this notification because we are too small to have a night time manager on staff at all hours, but we are working on hiring one as soon as fiscally possible Smiley

I have informed my developer of this point and he is fixing it now.

Thanks again for the support, and check your PM inbox for a $50 coupon. It does not expire, so you can use it whenever you think the time is right Smiley

PM with $50 coupon received. Thank you very much, I wasn't expecting that!
Will be sending my gf some flowers next week from your site, I'm sure I'll be in the dog house again soon  Roll Eyes

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Tammy Chan

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:43:43 PM

Hello,

Welcome to bitcointalk.
Where is the link to your site?  Huh

EDIT: Okay I found the link in your profile page, but you should include the link in your OP as well. Good luck with your business. Smiley

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:20:08 PM

PM with $50 coupon received. Thank you very much, I wasn't expecting that!
Will be sending my gf some flowers next week from your site, I'm sure I'll be in the dog house again soon  Roll Eyes

My pleasure - hopefully you won't need them too soon!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:36:28 PM

Welcome to bitcointalk.
Where is the link to your site?  Huh

EDIT: Okay I found the link in your profile page, but you should include the link in your OP as well. Good luck with your business. Smiley

Tammy Chan - I just added the link to the original post on this thread. Much appreciated!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:31:25 AM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on getting your online business setup to accept bitcoin.  Hopefully you can earn a few satoshi's while giving fellas the mechanism's needed to maybe get lucky Smiley

Good luck to you with your business.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:26:20 PM

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on getting your online business setup to accept bitcoin.  Hopefully you can earn a few satoshi's while giving fellas the mechanism's needed to maybe get lucky Smiley

Yes, indeed! There are many more perks to being a part of the Bitcoin community though, as I am beginning to see Smiley

Thank you~
adaryian

Activity: 392

★ BitClave pre-ICO: 25/07/17 ★

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:43:27 PM

Welcome to the community! Glad to have you with us, and glad to see another business accepting BTC!!

,'+██':                 
              ,█████████████;             
            .██████████████████           
            .████████████████████         
         █  .███;         ,███████.       
        ██  .█+              '█████'       
      `███  .█+    ,;'':       █████+     
      ████  .█+ ███████████,    ,████+     
     █████  .████████████████,    ████,   
    ██████  .██████████████████   `████   
   ;██████  .█████`      '██████  .█████   
   ████ ██  .███           :████████████. 
  +███  ██  .█.     `..      ████████████ 
  ████  ██  .    .███████'    ███████████`
 ,███   ██      ███████████    ███████████
 ████   ██     █████████████`  `██████████
 ███;  ███    ███████████████   ██████████`
 ███   ███   .████████████████  `█████████'
,███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
'███  ,███   █████████████████:  ██████████
+███  ;███  `██████████████████  ██████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
████  '███  .██████████████████  +█████████
'███  :███   █████████████████'  ██████████
:███   ███   █████████████████   ██████████
 ███   ███'  '████████████████   ██████████
 ███,  ████   ███████████████`  ██████████,
 ████  ,███:  `█████████████+   ██████████
 ;███   ████   `███████████+   ███████████
  ███'  .████    █████████`   +██████████;
  ████   █████     :███'     +███████████ 
   ████   █████`            ████████████+ 
   ████,   ██████`        +█████. +█████   
    ████    █████████++████████`   ████.   
    .████    ;████████████████    █████   
     '████`    +████████████     █████     
      +████+     `'█████+.     .█████     
       +█████.                ██████       
        ,██████;           .███████       
          █████████':,:;█████████.         
           ,███████████████████+           
             .███████████████;             
                `'████████,               
soccosocco

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 09:45:29 PM

Hello theafterhoursflowers,
Welcome to bitcointalk, and welcome to the bitcoin world and to the crypto world.  Grin
may we all grow rich
Buziss

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:55:06 AM

Welcome to bitcointalk.

I think I found a problem on your site.
For the "Spring Wishes Bouquet" in the "Office" section, are you sure the image shown isn't the "best" size? Wink

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:36:23 PM

Welcome to the community! Glad to have you with us, and glad to see another business accepting BTC!!

adaryian, thank you!

Hello theafterhoursflowers,
Welcome to bitcointalk, and welcome to the bitcoin world and to the crypto world.  Grin
may we all grow rich

soccosocco, yes.. I hope to amass enough bitcoins to buy my own pizza Cheesy

Welcome to bitcointalk.

I think I found a problem on your site.
For the "Spring Wishes Bouquet" in the "Office" section, are you sure the image shown isn't the "best" size? Wink

Buziss, very observant of you! I think it is the only product on our site that states the image shown as the "better" size, but this is intended. Best will be an additional 5 stems to the bouquet - I need to find a better way of sizing the products and being clear about what you get for the different options. Thanks for the input though!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: