Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Laser Pointers *400/600/800/1000/2000MW (Refund if seized)  (Read 13820 times)
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 03:49:28 AM

He is a scammer, my package arrived and it was some rinky dink $5 laser pointer.  Do not do any business with him.  Just glad he didn't get much out of me, hopefully he didn't get anything from anyone else.

I'm sorry you lost your money man. Sad Thanks for being the genuine pig though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 06:49:51 AM

He is a scammer, my package arrived and it was some rinky dink $5 laser pointer.  Do not do any business with him.  Just glad he didn't get much out of me, hopefully he didn't get anything from anyone else.

OUCH. I kinda expected this to be the case, after see so many red flags. You should have requested for him to ship first, or go through escrow. Scammers will never do escrow.

Hope you saved the packaging. There should be an address from the sender (which is probably him), and if really another company that sent it, at least you can try to call the company to request more info on who requested the package to be sent.

surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:35:40 AM

Ha, a fitting end to the thread.

Hope you saved the packaging. There should be an address from the sender (which is probably him), and if really another company that sent it, at least you can try to call the company to request more info on who requested the package to be sent.

It's been drop shipped from whatever cheap Chinese he ordered it from, the sender's address is of no use.
DMeeks

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:41:40 AM

So the images were fake eh? They looked cool and highly effective. (before the op edit the topic and delete all the images and text). People should escrow with this kind of high risk items.
zhinkk

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:12:52 PM

Ha, a fitting end to the thread.

It's been drop shipped from whatever cheap Chinese he ordered it from, the sender's address is of no use.

I don't know how to thank you man, but in the process of warning me of the dangers of a class 4 laser you also just saved me a shit ton of bitcoin. Also, I purchased a 100mW 520nm (not a DPSS laser) in a 501b host off blord on laserpointerforums in addition to eye protection. Excited for that to come in. He accepts bitcoin, so if anyone is interested you should contact him on laserpointerforums.com Smiley Real nice dude to work with (and he has 1000mW+ blue lasers if anyone absoultely must have one)
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 04:25:11 PM

So the images were fake eh? They looked cool and highly effective. (before the op edit the topic and delete all the images and text). People should escrow with this kind of high risk items.

He had no images of the actual laser. If you read through the thread, picture and video was requested of the actual laser he is selling, and he couldn't provide it.

zhinkk

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:07:47 AM

He had no images of the actual laser. If you read through the thread, picture and video was requested of the actual laser he is selling, and he couldn't provide it.

I wonder if his other posts were scams too.. seems weird to scam over a $7 product. Maybe he was doing micro-scams? Lol idk, but here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697440.msg7899013#msg7899013
haploid23
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 07:18:29 AM

@ DebitMe - you forgot to checkmark the box "This rating is negative", so you actually gave him positive trade feedback. Might want to change that, although I don't think it'll matter too much at this point.

Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 02:27:00 PM

Shameless plug: in case anyone want to buy lasers that actually deliver on their specs, see my sig Smiley

I wish I had discovered this thread earlier, I could have told you from the beginning that this was an obvious scam. Green lasers at 2000mW are extremely advanced pieces of technology, it is doubtful it would even be possible to make them handheld, let alone in a pointer size running on regular batteries. This thread reads like someone claiming to sell a 1000 horsepower luxury car without any information for $500. It's just not gonna happen. Unfortunately it is common for many laser sellers to lie about powers as many customers couldn't tell the difference between different power levels due to lack of comparisons or power meters.

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
zhinkk

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:32:31 PM

Shameless plug: in case anyone want to buy lasers that actually deliver on their specs, see my sig Smiley

I wish I had discovered this thread earlier, I could have told you from the beginning that this was an obvious scam. Green lasers at 2000mW are extremely advanced pieces of technology, it is doubtful it would even be possible to make them handheld, let alone in a pointer size running on regular batteries. This thread reads like someone claiming to sell a 1000 horsepower luxury car without any information for $500. It's just not gonna happen. Unfortunately it is common for many laser sellers to lie about powers as many customers couldn't tell the difference between different power levels due to lack of comparisons or power meters.

I have a question about the glasses you sell on your website. Are they just sort of generic ebay/china glasses? It does say OD of 2+ (which is not that high anyway) but how could this be verified?
Grix

Activity: 536
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 03:47:50 PM

I have a question about the glasses you sell on your website. Are they just sort of generic ebay/china glasses? It does say OD of 2+ (which is not that high anyway) but how could this be verified?

Yes, they are pretty cheap non-certified glasses. I have measured the OD myself, so I am confident they are safe for hobbyists with the lasers I sell. If you prefer professional glasses, I recommend these: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/laser-safety

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
zhinkk

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:25:34 AM

Yes, they are pretty cheap non-certified glasses. I have measured the OD myself, so I am confident they are safe for hobbyists with the lasers I sell. If you prefer professional glasses, I recommend these: https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/laser-safety

Yeah I'm going to get an eagle pair for myself, but I can't be buying 4 pairs of $50 glasses so I need some cheaper pairs for spectators/anyone else. I will probably purchase from you, thanks.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 02:39:31 AM

I have no idea why "Wicked Lazers" is allowed to sell hand-held 1W (Class 4) lazers. These things are much brighter than 60W bulbs that radiate in all directions: mainly in the IR spectrum.

There is no way to use them safely. Such powerful lazers are supposed to have an interlock that shuts off the beam if the door of the room (it is permanently installed in) is opened.

I informed the local police about the mere existence of such powerful hand-held lazers. Unfortunately, pilots of the police helicopter can not easily defend themselves against such a lazer because they would have to know ahead of time what colour is being used (If you block red, green, blue and IR for good measure, you have a blind-fold).

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: