Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:04:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XFX Radeon HD 7970 PCI Express 3.0 3GB Graphics Card 1000MHz HDMI Black Edition  (Read 9410 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 07:41:04 PM

I admire your failover plan from an enterprise perspective as being proactive and thinking ahead, but from a miner's perspective, how the hell are you going to pay them off?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 07:47:30 PM

Little to no revenue would be lost as I have built into my model a two card failure system. I have two cards that I tested that are sitting on a shelf as spare parts. I would replace the broken card with that one, then order a replacement with either overnight shipping or second day shipping as I have free two day shipping with Newegg and Amazon.

Wait so instead of losing 2 weeks of revenue when a card does die (if/when that happens) you will lose 50 weeks of revenue the hot spares could be generating all the weeks that they aren't running?

Well whatever works for you.
Buckwheet

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

Green Mining 85% Cheaper

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 08:00:56 PM

Little to no revenue would be lost as I have built into my model a two card failure system. I have two cards that I tested that are sitting on a shelf as spare parts. I would replace the broken card with that one, then order a replacement with either overnight shipping or second day shipping as I have free two day shipping with Newegg and Amazon.

Wait so instead of losing 2 weeks of revenue when a card does die (if/when that happens) you will lose 50 weeks of revenue the hot spares could be generating all the weeks that they aren't running?

Well whatever works for you.

Right now the quantities of cards I am ordering frequently puts Newegg out of stock on the models I order. I picked up the spares to serve as fill-in cards when I get bad cards right from Newegg as well as hot spares for what I would consider a premature failure. Once I stop expanding the operation, and quantities are more readily available, then I would probably not have a hot spare as a direct replacement is only 48 hours from my door step.

You just asked me how much revenue I would loose, and based on my current growth and operation the answer is none.

Once my operation is done expanding the answer to your question is I would loose 48 hours of revenue for one single card at most.

Edit: Eventually many cards would be replaced with BFL singles once my orders start shipping, but I didn't want to put my entire investment in one basket with BFL and wait a couple months not making any revenue. I wanted to start and get a solid 8 months of mining in before the inevitable reduction in reward.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: