Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to rapidly accumulate as many coins as possible  (Read 5872 times)
inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:15:32 PM

I think we are now in the final phase where coins can be accumulated relatively cheaply. Who knows how long it will last? I personally think we will move sharply up in the next few weeks or months.

Every day there is new positive news. The auction reinforced the friendly US position towards bitcoin. Several giant retailers have publically integrated bitcoin into their payment systems. Today it was the turn of Newegg.

Over the coming weeks and months I predict user adoption will start to move upwards sharply again. This will cause the price to rise. It will be front run by whales and big players.

A common theme is that bitcoin bubbles reduce in amplitude with each successive leap but I am not so sure. Once a battle for the ATH commences its off to the races.

It is time to speculate to accumulate! Ignore the bears and traders. Look at the big picture. Every single time in the past my only regret with bitcoin is that I didn't buy more when i had the chance.  Grin

(only invest what you can afford to lose!)
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:18:33 PM

its always been about accumulating as many bitcoin as you can, as fast as you can.

since day one.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:21:50 PM

its always been about accumulating as many bitcoin as you can, as fast as you can.

since day one.

+1
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:54:01 PM

I think we are now in the final phase where coins can be accumulated relatively cheaply. Who knows how long it will last? I personally think we will move sharply up in the next few weeks or months.

Every day there is new positive news. The auction reinforced the friendly US position towards bitcoin. Several giant retailers have publically integrated bitcoin into their payment systems. Today it was the turn of Newegg.

Over the coming weeks and months I predict user adoption will start to move upwards sharply again. This will cause the price to rise. It will be front run by whales and big players.

A common theme is that bitcoin bubbles reduce in amplitude with each successive leap but I am not so sure. Once a battle for the ATH commences its off to the races.

It is time to speculate to accumulate! Ignore the bears and traders. Look at the big picture. Every single time in the past my only regret with bitcoin is that I didn't buy more when i had the chance.  Grin

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits.

You can quote me on this.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:02:45 PM

Well since September 2013 to last week, while I listened for months to retarded day traders talk about losing more money on the swings than winning and pretty much ending up with the same amount of coins or less than what they had back in September, I've quietly been accumulating like a mofo.  I've increased my holdings 4x since Sept. 2013.  What have they done in that same amount of time? Nothing but burn their earnings, if any were made at all.

So buy on the dips and hold, the only way to fly.  Anytime you have the urge to sell in order to buy some stupid thing, go back and read forum threads from 2 years ago.  There were guys cashing out 1000s of coins just to purchase things like computer parts, etc.  And patting themselves on the back for how "smart" they were for making 1.5x their money.  Now they are kicking themselves silly for not holding.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:04:28 PM

Well since September 2013 to last week, while I listened to retarded day traders talk about losing more money on the swings than winning and pretty much ending up with the same amount of coins or less than what they had in October, I've quietly been accumulating like a mofo.  I've increased my holdings 4x since Sept. 2013.  What have they done in that same amount of time?

So buy on the dips and hold, the only way to fly.  Anytime you have the urge to sell in order to buy some stupid thing, go back and read forum threads from 2 years ago.  There were guys cashing out 1000s of coins just to purchase things like computer parts, etc.  Now they are kicking themselves silly for not holding.

They are the reason bitcoin succeeded. Smart thing is to always have some BTC, not cash out entirely.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:23:01 PM

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits.

I put it in my sig to remind me.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:11:33 PM

since day one.

You're goddamn right.jpg
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:43:58 PM

I don't think I'm going to dump all my cash into bitcoin today immediately following a 10% price move.

I nibbled at 580-595 late last week and into the weekend.  I'd suspect there may be opportunities below 600 again in the not-too-distant future.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:48:48 PM

I don't think I'm going to dump all my cash into bitcoin today immediately following a 10% price move.

I nibbled at 580-595 late last week and into the weekend.  I'd suspect there may be opportunities below 600 again in the not-too-distant future.

Doubt it. Too much press so far this week...and it's only Tuesday. I see 700 by Friday. But who knows.

I'm thinking this too.  I could see $620-$630, but would be surprised to go back under $600 any time soon.  Not with positive move from auction and Newegg/1-800-Flowers the next day.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:51:47 PM

Remember when it was in the 300-400s?  That was the time.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:52:15 PM

Well it doesnt seem a very nice business trying to get a 10% discount while you probably can be wasting the 5 or 10x opportunity
inca (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:13:18 PM

Remember when it was in the 300-400s?  That was the time.

Easy to say that. Smiley

The adage of buying when there is blood in the streets is hard to do. Don't get me wrong, I _was_ buying, just not heavily as it goes against human nature. I have doubled my coins in the last six months which is great. I am thankful for the heavy pullback. I am hoping it continues just a little longer so I can reach triple digits.

We are in the lag period where potential adopters are watching bitcoin prices - lots of them. I am sure most of us did this. We saw a bubble then watched it pop. Were glad we hadnt bought in. Then the price starts to rise again and surges up towards the previous ATH. Then the next wave start to buy in to avoid missing the boat. I think we are approaching this stage now.
Scoremaster

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Hi I am back from a long period of away time :)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:53:16 PM

you got 5 days left to be right! lol.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
mustang77

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:51:46 PM

Maybe not next month, but this year, you can quote me  Kiss
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:03:45 PM

It's been my signature since July.

Poor zimmah :C

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
btchaste

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:16:34 PM

I'm buying as much btc as I can, probably the next year we will see 10x the current value.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:48:13 PM

I agree, it's time to accumulate as much as possible, but not "rapidly", we have all the time in the world, since I don't believe a new rally is months away.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:53:14 PM

Looking at the price volatility, 10% move can happen in a couple of days..
hannscryo

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:26:40 PM

I'm trying to buy bitcoins gradually, at every drop I buy some but I have almost finished the FIAT.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: