Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!  (Read 2149 times)
Blazin604 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:09:40 PM

Great article wanted all of you to check it out. What inpact will this have on the price of Bitcoin when /if mastercard decides to hop on board??http://www.forbes.com/sites/paularosenblum/2014/06/30/bitcoin-draws-attention-of-institutional-bidders-and-mastercard/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:05:18 AM

may be time to buy
Litecoin(LTC)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:15:46 PM

may be time to buy
Litecoin(LTC)

Yes buy just anything you can.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:50:30 PM

That is actually a reasonable and accessible article.

Note that she says, "Details on winning and losing bids are, as of this writing, impossible to come by."  She is referring to the SR coins.  Anybody in this forum who says they KNOW that the coins sold at either a discount or a premium is blowing smoke.  She opines that the coins likely sold at a discount, but doesn't claim any knowledge.  She also opines that it could lead to another bitcoin price run. 

Note also what is left unsaid.  She indicates that there are some clear paths towards wider adoption for crypto in general, but she does not talk much about how that would affect long-term price.  This is something I have not seen discussed much in any forum.  There is a feeling that wider adoption necessarily leads to higher price/value.  I'd say that, long-term, the value of bitcoin as a form of currency would hinge on price stability.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:05:40 PM

Time to buy is always. If you buy the top you'll just have to wait more to profit, but you won't lose (unless you shit your pants and sell).

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
dgarcia

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:26:32 PM

There is a feeling that wider adoption necessarily leads to higher price/value.  I'd say that, long-term, the value of bitcoin as a form of currency would hinge on price stability.

Causality is not a feeling.

I wider adoption means a higher demand. Since bitcoin is a limited resource this would effect higher prices...
vuduchyld

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 03:28:51 PM

There is a feeling that wider adoption necessarily leads to higher price/value.  I'd say that, long-term, the value of bitcoin as a form of currency would hinge on price stability.

I wider adoption means a higher demand. Since bitcoin is a limited resource this would effect higher prices...

I see what you're saying and there is definitely some validity to it.

The thing is, currency fluctuates in value due to use and desirability.  When a currency is more desirable, it climbs in value relative to other currencies.  It can be a self-negating prophecy, though, if the stability of the currency isn't stable.  I mean, sure, if it ALWAYS went up relative to other currencies, people would ALWAYS want more.  But 1) a currency couldn't continue to go up relative to other currencies regularly and indefinitely, and 2) part of the value of currency is that it is highly liquid.  If the value fluctuates both up AND down, that fact in itself harms liquidity. 

You might even be able to guarantee (you can't, but let's just say you could) that it would be worth more one year from today.  But if you can't guarantee that I could exchange it for another currency for similar or greater value at any time over that entire year horizon, the stability of the buying power is questionable.
vuduchyld

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 05:08:12 PM

Upon re-reading my reply, dgarcia, I hope I didn't come off like a pompous ass.  I do agree that, in general, wider adoption and higher demand raises bitcoin price relative to other currencies.  Just to be clear, my reply was to you, but it was also colored by the original post, stating "NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!"  Which may or may not be true, depending on a lot of things, such as risk aversion, time horizon, etc...

But of course what you say is true.
Jean Bax

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:08:50 PM

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!

Why now ? It time to buy since the begin.
dgarcia

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:21:27 PM

There is a feeling that wider adoption necessarily leads to higher price/value.  I'd say that, long-term, the value of bitcoin as a form of currency would hinge on price stability.

Upon re-reading my reply, dgarcia, I hope I didn't come off like a pompous ass.  I do agree that, in general, wider adoption and higher demand raises bitcoin price relative to other currencies.  Just to be clear, my reply was to you, but it was also colored by the original post, stating "NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!"  Which may or may not be true, depending on a lot of things, such as risk aversion, time horizon, etc...

But of course what you say is true.

All cool, broh'.

It's only a bit exhausting for me to enter in ambitious english debates, ...

...particullary while suffering from headaches ;-)
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:43:15 AM

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY!

Why now ? It time to buy since the begin.
It is time to buy even when Bitcoin starts to grow its beard, Money is just money.

Of course, Bitcoin is a very effective one, but if prices go up or not the truly important thing here is what facilities will it bring for humanity.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:35:59 AM

At least 75% of the users here will say that now is the time to buy, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:38:30 AM

At least 75% of the users here will say that now is the time to buy, 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week

because in the medium term the right time to buy is always now..........
probably  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: