Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:11:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DELETED]  (Read 14843 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hexagram

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

nosce te ipsum

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:40:31 AM

Guys,

I called the Grosmont College where this person works, contacted their Campus Police, they confirmed that he still works at the College. They directed me to the San Diego Sheriff dept.

I contacted the Sheriff's dept at 1.858.565.5200, mentioned the issue & James Cho working for Grossmont College. They informed me that since I am calling from Outside of San Diego (Ontario, Canada) I will have to report this fraud (That's what they have determined this is) to my local police department and they would reach out to the San Diego sheriff department. So I am going to start the ball rolling locally here and don't care even if it takes me a year or two to recoup my money, now its more about ethics and not the money. Had James Cho proved to the forum that he was indeed robbed and the police report attached to the forum we would have let this go.

I request any one in the area to please contact the Sheriff dept and register a fraud case against this James Cho.

Thanks

Thanks for taking your time to do this. I agree with you, had James come clean with all of us, I think we would all let this go. But what he did wasn't cool at all.

Keep us posted! :-)
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hexagram

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

nosce te ipsum

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:25:54 PM

Hi guys, any new updates?
bitcoinbelieve

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:31:00 AM

what is this all about? Huh Nevermind
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:54:23 PM

Bump for updates? I am still short a bit as well, even though I got partially refunded at the beginning.

Pats, I'm also from Ontario.  Is there any problem with creating a police report based on the fact that the transaction involved Bitcoin?  I know that the Federal gov still does not recognize BTC as a currency, so the police may not take it seriously.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:46:17 AM

Bump for updates? I am still short a bit as well, even though I got partially refunded at the beginning.

Pats, I'm also from Ontario.  Is there any problem with creating a police report based on the fact that the transaction involved Bitcoin?  I know that the Federal gov still does not recognize BTC as a currency, so the police may not take it seriously.

a lawn mower is not a currency either, but if someones steals it, the police will take it seriously.

Ramhound

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:42:45 PM

In the US BTC is considered a commodity.

It doesn't need to be currency for somebody to be able to steal something.
pats2306

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:21:21 AM

I can't believe the guy got away with this...sucks
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:38:55 AM

I can't believe the guy got away with this...sucks

He seems to be an expert thief.  Maybe he's sitting in jail somewhere.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 09:07:00 PM

It's BTC. Law enforcement thinks it a joke or drug related so if you report it they will then ask you if it was part of a drug transaction.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: