Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Bitcoin's chicken and egg problem  (Read 15247 times)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 04:51:38 AM

I've had a serious bitcoin related issue with Ogrr for the last month or so, and have not gotten any help or responses from the admins there. Hopefully it's an unusual circumstance, but it doesn't look good.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcx
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 05:18:16 AM

I've had a serious bitcoin related issue with Ogrr for the last month or so, and have not gotten any help or responses from the admins there. Hopefully it's an unusual circumstance, but it doesn't look good.

this is news to me.  admin's mailbox is empty.  how have you gone about seeking help for your problem, and what is your problem?

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 06:39:43 AM

this is news to me.  admin's mailbox is empty.  how have you gone about seeking help for your problem, and what is your problem?

I've messaged superior and killbill and have received no response. I just messaged admin, but I have no record of the message being sent.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
btcx
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 06:57:40 AM

I've messaged superior and killbill and have received no response. I just messaged admin, but I have no record of the message being sent.

Admin hasn't received any messages.  you can pm me the problem here or post it publicly here or on Ogrr.

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 08:26:09 AM

Admin hasn't received any messages.  you can pm me the problem here or post it publicly here or on Ogrr.

I sent another message to admin, it should be there now. I still don't understand why the other board admins/mods didn't get back to me about this issue.

btcx
VIP

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 08:29:16 AM

I sent another message to admin, it should be there now. I still don't understand why the other board admins/mods didn't get back to me about this issue.
maybe they didn't get your other messages either.

Superior

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2012, 02:25:59 PM

From what user account did you send me a message?
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 04:55:09 PM

From what user account did you send me a message?

LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 11:29:36 AM

Thank you to jesse for resolving my issue.

btcx
VIP

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2012, 12:16:59 PM

Thank you to jesse for resolving my issue.

you're welcome.  Thank you for being patient Smiley

LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 01:40:56 AM

How long does it take for a bitcoin transaction to be executed? Specifically a withdrawal to a private wallet?

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:50:51 AM

How long does it take for a bitcoin transaction to be executed? Specifically a withdrawal to a private wallet?

The transaction is executed almost instantly.  It might take 10 minutes or more for the transaction to appear in a solved block, and it could take an hour or more before the transaction has the standard 6 confirmations (it's found in 6 solved blocks) to consider it fully verified.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 01:55:07 AM

The transaction is executed almost instantly.  It might take 10 minutes or more for the transaction to appear in a solved block, and it could take an hour or more before the transaction has the standard 6 confirmations (it's found in 6 solved blocks) to consider it fully verified.

Forgive me, I did not give the proper context. I was referring to when it is executed on Ogrr's server. I executed a btc withdrawal nearly an hour ago and the transaction has not yet been seen on the bitcoin network in general, nor my client specifically.

Edit: I just noticed on the withdrawal page that there is a small notice that states it could take up to 24 hours due to manual admin approval. Apologies again for not seeing it before.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 01:59:12 AM

The transaction is executed almost instantly.  It might take 10 minutes or more for the transaction to appear in a solved block, and it could take an hour or more before the transaction has the standard 6 confirmations (it's found in 6 solved blocks) to consider it fully verified.

Forgive me, I did not give the proper context. I was referring to when it is executed on Ogrr's server. I executed a btc withdrawal nearly an hour ago and the transaction has not yet been seen on the bitcoin network in general, nor my client specifically.
IIRC Ogrr does not use Bitcoin for trades. It uses internal credits. Bitcoin transactions in and out of Ogrr are done manually.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:01:29 AM

Maybe it's just me but talking about six confirmations seems like overkill unless someone is worried about a ridiculously large transaction.

How much money would someone need to spend on hardware and electricity these days to have a even chance of reversing a single confirmation?
btcx
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 03:01:40 AM

The transaction is executed almost instantly.  It might take 10 minutes or more for the transaction to appear in a solved block, and it could take an hour or more before the transaction has the standard 6 confirmations (it's found in 6 solved blocks) to consider it fully verified.

IIRC Ogrr does not use Bitcoin for trades. It uses internal credits. Bitcoin transactions in and out of Ogrr are done manually.

what's the difference?  1000 mBTC = 1 Bitcoin.  Yes, a human must manually approve any Bitcoin in/out.  This will become faster when we can afford to have someone around 24/7, but it shouldn't ever take more than 12 hours and in most cases it'd be processed in less than 1 hour.  Think of it as incentive to leave some credit in the system Wink

cytokine
Donator

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:17:11 AM

Could somebody feasibly make a living playing online computer games? Slaying dragons and such all day, gaining armor and weapons, selling weapons for Bitcoins, and on and on? That's badass!

in some asian countries, pro video gamers are treated like rock stars.

Ever heard of SlayerS_Boxer?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: