Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2014, 02:19:13 PM *
News: Due to the OpenSSL heartbleed bug, changing your forum password is recommended.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The AR-15 bitcoin project *finished*  (Read 3889 times)
tonto

Activity: 604

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 02:55:27 PM

So I was thinking to myself the other day, can I purchase/assemble an AR-15 funded solely by bitcoins? Surely I can... so this thread will document the various parts that I find that I purchase using only bitcoins, either directly or indirectly.

What is an AR-15?  For those who don't know, it's a gun that can be assembled by a plethora of individual parts.  There is, quite possible, a bajillion different things you can do with them.  They're like the Honda Civic of the gun world, except much much cooler. Smiley

So that out of the way, my goal is to either trade bitcoins for AR-15 parts either directly (giving bitcoins to individuals or companies for direct trade) or indirectly (purchasing either amazon.com gift cards from a service, or selling the bitcoins for cash on an exchange, and then using that cash to buy the parts, from an individual, dealer, or gun show).

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to AR-15, so please don't make fun of my purchases in case I buy the "wrong" company or part. This goal is to see if I can get a "free" gun (minus the cost of electricity). I think it's possible, so that's why I'm doing this. Smiley

Note that I'm keeping this entirely legal, so I won't be buying fully-auto parts, since I'm not authorized to own such guns..

This thread may take a while, since I don't have an awesome computer, and cannot mine coins quickly. It will also depend on market price of the coins as well. If the value of coins drops a lot, this project may never complete (or I may cheat and buy it anyway). If the value of coins goes up, I will be able to complete it faster. Smiley Note that all shipping costs will also be paid for by bitcoins.

Away we go.....! Smiley

*** This signature is for rent. ***
GAWMiners.com
ASIC Scrypt Miners
Guaranteed Satisfaction + Same-Day Shipping For FREE!
Simply Enter "freeshipping" at checkout

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 02:57:00 PM

lower receiver assembly placeholder

edit 3/5/12:  Purchased a Spike's Lower receiver (stripped) from a dealer.  Paid with money I got from trading bitcoins.  For newbies (like myself) this part is the part that's considered the "gun".  As in it has the serial number, and it's what you have to buy from a dealer (or you need your own FFL license to have it shipped to you)

Also just placed an order for a Lower parts kit from Amazon.  Paid for by an Amazon gift card I bought with btc.

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 02:57:35 PM

stock placeholder

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 02:58:29 PM

upper receiver assembly placeholder

edit 3/5/12:   purchased a charging handle for 5.56 btc (the irony is not lost on me!) direct from Eveofwar.   Will post pictures upon its arrival.

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 02:59:05 PM

barrel assembly placeholder

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 02:59:34 PM

accessories placeholder (optics, rail accessories, magazines, etc)

edit 3/5/12:  purchased a 30 round magazine (.223/5.56) directly from jwzguy for bitcoins.  Thanks for helping with my project. Smiley
edit 3/7/12:  received the England (made by Royal Ordinance) 30 round magazine from jwzguy.  Thanks again!

edit 3/5/12:  I forgot I had a magazine stored away that my grandpa had.  It was made by Adventure Line Manufacturing in Parsons, KS.  It's been stored away for at least 20 years, and was loaded with blanks.  No idea if the magazine or rounds will work properly but I will find out as soon as the gun is put together. Smiley

evoorhees

Activity: 910

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 03:02:09 PM

Well, of course you can purchase the parts if you sell the bitcoins for USD and buy them like that. You could acquire a Ferrari in the same manner Smiley

To make the project interesting, you'll need to buy the parts directly with BTC.

I'm sure you saw The Armory thread, about the new weapons site on Tor? A few quick PMs there and I'm sure you'd have what you're looking for, payable solely in BTC.

SatoshiDICE World's most popular Bitcoin game.
stevegee58

Activity: 616

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 03:05:56 PM

You planning on taking receipt of that lower receiver directly without an FFL?

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
unicron

Activity: 25

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 03:06:20 PM

This is the only AR-15 part that would legally require a background check in USA.

If someone has a 3D printer they could print one, though I don't know how well it would work:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11770
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 03:11:51 PM

I'll edit the lower placeholder when I get pics, but yeah I purchased the stripped lower receiver from a local dealer (with cash from btc), so I'm legal, and passed the background check. Smiley

I initially wanted the entire purchase to be via bitcoins, but not finding a dealer who would accept btc, I needed to use cash for the lower receiver.  Hopefully this will be the only "cheating" I will need to do.   I will have to "cheat" and buy amazon gift cards as well, but have already accepted that fact until btc gets more popular.

I also started a thread on www.ar15.com hoping that I can garner interest in bitcoins there as well.

So this will be a fun/interesting project! Smiley

cbeast
Donator

Activity: 1064

Bitcoin, Decorporated stockholder since 2011.

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 03:14:50 PM

Bail and legal defense fund placeholder.  Cheesy

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
bitcoinsarefun

Activity: 98

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 03:26:11 PM

interesting post, I will be following  Smiley
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 03:50:54 PM

Yes, I can legally receive everything (but the lower receiver) through the mail to my door. Smiley

If anyone following this thread has any AR-15 parts, (especially new-ish) that they'd be willing to sell for this project, I'd be interested to hear what you have.  Smiley

Make sure you view the posts above as time goes on, as I will be editing the placeholders as I get stuff.  But again, this will be ongoing, possibly over several months, so it will take a while. Smiley  My 7970 can only crank so fast!

DeathAndTaxes
Donator

Activity: 966

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 04:14:37 PM

This is the only AR-15 part that would legally require a background check in USA.

AR-15 is semi auto.  There is federal standing on intra-state sales involving non FFL.  In VA for example I could (but likely wouldn't) sell any firearms to anyone* without doing any background check.  It is called a person to person sale.  Only if the sale crosses state lines would it fall under federal law.

* You are prohibited from selling to a person KNOWN to be prohibited buyer.  If the person is anonymous well there is no way for someone to know if they are prohibited or not and the law doesn't require any "due diligence" beyond that.

For the record I don't think it is smart to sell firearms to other people anonymously just because unless you purchased the weapon anonymously if it is used in a crime the paper trail is going to lead to yourself.  The resulting legal headache (even if you have done nothing wrong) is not likely worth it.

Gerald Davis  CEO, Tangible Cryptography Inc.
BitSimple. A simpler way to buy and sell bitcoins
shackleford

Activity: 158

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 04:16:32 PM

If someone has a 3D printer they could print one, though I don't know how well it would work:

This^ .. there should be an open project to reproduce every part. Was thinking something like a glock would be easier to start with though.
jwzguy

Activity: 868

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 04:23:46 PM

I have a bunch of metal 30rd Ar15 mags for sale. Good luck with your project. Smiley

19wXnWTeGuraN9g5UsMAi119sWzDCQcr7S
Bitcoin Logo shirts!
Eveofwar

Activity: 406

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 06:48:42 PM

Awesome !

Hey, let me know if you need any other parts Cheesy
btc_artist

Activity: 154

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 06:53:46 PM

Awesome thread. 

As for the receiver, another option might have been an 80% receiver if there are any companies accepting bitcoins.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 07:43:18 PM

btw, I don't know if edited posts show up as "unread" or not in terms of the forum showing up as boldfaced or regular.  So you might check my place holders from time to time for updates.  I'll try to note them here as well when I update with a picture or text or something.  Since today is new and fresh and I'm figuring a bunch of stuff out, it's more likely to be edited today, and then will go dormant until parts arrive. Smiley

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 10:55:27 PM

I was thinking the same thing. He wants a record of the transactions so the ADAís case is a slam dunk. Will there be a separate thread listing the chronology of the crimes committed with said weapon or will that just be posted here as well? lol

I appreciate the humor, but where I live, I can order everything I need (except the lower, which i've already purchased from a dealer) shipped to my door, and be completely legal.  I love living in the middle of nowhere. Wink

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 11:46:05 PM

If there's a joke in there somewhere, I'm too stupid to see it.  What's the punch line?

I was thinking the same thing. He wants a record of the transactions so the ADAís case is a slam dunk. Will there be a separate thread listing the chronology of the crimes committed with said weapon or will that just be posted here as well? lol

I appreciate the humor, but where I live, I can order everything I need (except the lower, which i've already purchased from a dealer) shipped to my door, and be completely legal.  I love living in the middle of nowhere. Wink

Well those rabbits in you back woods are sure gonna be pissed when you get this assault rifle complete. Make sure to test it with a rubber band to guarantee it can be bump-fired like a full automatic US Army issued M-16.  Grin

Eveofwar

View Profile

Ignore
March 05, 2012, 11:50:11 PM

You'll have to forgive him...he resides in California.  They are different people there...

If there's a joke in there somewhere, I'm too stupid to see it.  What's the punch line?

Well those rabbits in you back woods are sure gonna be pissed when you get this assault rifle complete. Make sure to test it with a rubber band to guarantee it can be bump-fired like a full automatic US Army issued M-16.  Grin
kjj

Activity: 1022

Bitcoin Foundation - Lifetime Member

View Profile

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 12:06:33 AM

This^ .. there should be an open project to reproduce every part. Was thinking something like a glock would be easier to start with though.

I'm not aware of any 3d printing methods capable of producing a working lower.  At least not working in the sense that you could use it more than once.  I don't think that even laser sintering is up to it just yet.  Maybe in a few years.

If you are going to do it yourself today, you want to go here and read up while you wait for your Sherline to ship.

p2pcoin: a USB/CD/PXE p2pool miner - 1N8ZXx2cuMzqBYSK72X4DAy1UdDbZQNPLf - todo
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Eveofwar

View Profile

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 12:55:33 AM

That you'll end up with a lot of fire power to hunt with when youíre done; unless of course youíre hunting people (which was my first joke). Then that weapon is perfect as that's what it was designed for originally. Good luck with your project.

I suppose it would be outrageous to assume it could be used for defending his loved ones against aggressive individuals carrying their own weapons while trespassing inside his home?

Nah, you're right, his writing style screams cold blooded murderer to me...   Roll Eyes

Certainly they can be used for personal defense. I use a .50 BMG for home defense myself because I donít just want to stop them I prefer to cut them completely in half with just a few rounds. More cost effective in the long run.

I realize it's funny for you, but when intruders are actually in your home, it's a different story. Obviously you used .50 BMG to be ridiculous, but 5.56 is entirely suitable for the job. Since you want to go to extremes, how about you use a sharp stick to defend your wife and children against three armed intruders carrying Glock 17s?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67427.msg785318#msg785318 - I stand by my post.
stevegee58

Activity: 616

View Profile

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 12:59:15 AM

Guys, you're being trolled by anti-gun people.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
rjk

Activity: 420

1ngldh

View Profile

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Actually I think for ease of use another Glock 17 would be more suitable for home defense than an assault rifle. Now, if youíre going to war thatís another story. I think thereís a better argument for hunting with an assault rifle than for home defense with one.

Many of the people that use this forum are from countries where you canít even own one and are probably shocked that we even have the option to have a military weapon at home.  Never mind they probably think Yanks all nuts anyway.  

I appreciate that you consider a Glock 17 suitable for your home defense weapon. Can you appreciate that I would prefer something I consider more suitable for mine? You wouldn't deny me the choice, would you? Body armor is relatively cheap, easy to obtain, and very effective against 9mm and not all criminals are suicidal morons.
How quick are you going to strap on that armor when you hear the intruder coming down the hall? Grin

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Eveofwar

View Profile

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 01:35:55 AM

Actually I think for ease of use another Glock 17 would be more suitable for home defense than an assault rifle. Now, if youíre going to war thatís another story. I think thereís a better argument for hunting with an assault rifle than for home defense with one.

Many of the people that use this forum are from countries where you canít even own one and are probably shocked that we even have the option to have a military weapon at home.  Never mind they probably think Yanks all nuts anyway.  

I appreciate that you consider a Glock 17 suitable for your home defense weapon. Can you appreciate that I would prefer something I consider more suitable for mine? You wouldn't deny me the choice, would you? Body armor is relatively cheap, easy to obtain, and very effective against 9mm and not all criminals are suicidal morons.
How quick are you going to strap on that armor when you hear the intruder coming down the hall? Grin

He was referring to the intruder wearing body armor; that's why he prefers 5.56.
Tuxavant

Activity: 728

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 01:54:22 AM

Got a bunch of stuff to sell you... Just upgraded my AR to SBR and have some left over parts plus some from previous upgrades.

Parts list:

Delton upper with 16" barrel. Upper is in perfect condition, but the barrel was experiencing some jams with wolf ammo. This is a full upper with carrier and charging handle.
http://i.imgur.com/19ezs.jpg

A2 front sight/gas block

Weaver rail gas block

foregrip and misc covers

collapsible butt stock

Full butt stock

10 rd mag

front and rear iron flip up sights (not shown). front flip up only works with the weaver gas block.

http://i.imgur.com/MMTsP.jpg

I'm asking $100 in BTC.

Generation Bitcoin | G+ | FB | Bitcoins In Vegas | CoinBus.com | TOR Exit Operator 1MVTPATVCKBMfALRHJsXpHfKJu7GyL7nAc
Eveofwar

View Profile

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 02:09:38 AM

Good GOD man, you have to defend your home against a bunch of men with Glock 17's and body armor! What fucked up state do you live in? I want to make sure I don't go there on holiday.

Hey buddy, are you moving out of California anytime soon ?  This is right around your alley...

http://blog.sfgate.com/crime/2012/02/09/man-in-body-armor-shoots-gun-near-san-pablo-school/
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/02/08/1062944/-My-neighbor-is-yesterday-s-school-shooter?via=recent
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 02:26:43 AM

Right now the only gun I have in my house for home defense is my .45/.410 Judge. Smiley

Once my aunt is finished hunting up in Alaska, I'll get my 30-30 back that she borrowed.  My brother currently has my 20ga that I need to get back as well.

The AR-15 will be my "all-around fun" rifle.  I'm new to the AR-15, I had no idea how much modding you could do to really personalize the crap out of what you want your gun to be.

I can appreciate humor and poking fun at us hicks out here in the sticks.  I'm not mad, I just didn't get the jokes from earlier.

No harm, no foul, no offense taken. Smiley

I just want to be prepared, just in case. Wink   My bars of silver and gold would plummet in a worst-case scenario, and my guns and bullets would suddenly become worth a lot. Smiley

Full disclosure:  I come from a hunting/butchering family (4th generation), and while I moved out of the country, the country didn't quite move out from me. Wink

I also ride Harleys and go water-skiing in our boat, so I can have civilized fun, too!

btc_artist

Activity: 154

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 02:54:46 PM

That you'll end up with a lot of fire power to hunt with when youíre done; unless of course youíre hunting people (which was my first joke). Then that weapon is perfect as that's what it was designed for originally. Good luck with your project.

You seem to be somewhat misinformed as to the nature and purpose of firearms.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
RodeoX

Activity: 1148

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 03:13:06 PM

Watching this. I would love to buy an AR-15 with bitcoin.
This discussion may seem strange to my Euro friends. But in the U.S., buying guns is like buying toys.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 06, 2012, 04:26:10 PM

I've got lucky so far and had a few users offer me parts, but I would recommend talking to the owner of http://www.bitcoingunparts.com/

It seems that if he doesn't have what you're looking for, he can try to get it and will work with you.  Note that you won't be able to buy a fully functioning gun (or the lower receiver) w/out going through a dealer, unless you have a FFL permit.  That's the only stickler here for buying direct with bitcoins.  So I had to cash out some coins for that first initial purchase, but now that that's tackled, the sky (and my current bitcoins) is the limit for stuff I can buy for it.

I posted a couple pics up in my placeholders of a couple parts.  I have a few parts being mailed to me as we speak, so I'll update in a few days when I get them. Smiley

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 07, 2012, 05:53:03 PM

Thanks to jwzguy for the magazine!   I've updated the "Accessories" placeholder with a pic. Smiley

RodeoX

View Profile

Ignore
March 07, 2012, 07:34:20 PM

... I just believe itís more likely that the average gun owner would shoot themselves cleaning their gun or have a kid find it and shoot another kid than successfully defend a surprise attack against their home.

End troll - carry on.
One would think so, but that is not what is shown statistically. Many more people are intentionally killed by guns than accidentally killed.
I carry every day and I seriously doubt that I will ever need to pull my weapon where I live now. Having said that I used to live in St. Louis when it was the most dangerous city in the USA. My neighbor across the street was shot through the neck and died on his doorstep, he was a school principal who told me guns were dangerous and he would never carry. My girl friend was "afraid" of guns, and twice was the victim of a home invasion. I was almost a victim myself when I watched a guy hide by my door while his lady friend tried coaxing me to let her in, claiming she was alone and scared. When I answered the door with my AK47 she changed her story. They were arrested later that night for assault and home invasion. Not counting war, I have had two friends shot and one died. You are going to have a hard time convincing me that not having a gun is safer.

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 02:37:36 AM

Whoah, I just googled "bump-fire".... and that is TOTALLY AWESOME!   Shocked  I just added an SSAR-15 to my Amazon wish-list.  Grin

jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 03:04:11 AM

CBH, where on earth do you get 500 children dying from accidental firearm-induced injuries?

The latest data I could find from your own link shows 29 for 2008:
http://www.cdc.gov/Injury/wisqars/pdf/Leading_Causes_Injury_Deaths_Age_Group_Highlighting_Violence-Related%20Injury_Deaths_US_2008-a.pdf

Kids accidentally shooting themselves is incredibly rare. Bad parenting, on the other hand... Notice the number of accidental drownings, burns, suffocation, etc - far more instances than firearms. Should we ban bathtubs, matches, electric stoves?

Out of over 310 million people, even 500 wouldn't be shocking to me, but 29?

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 03:55:18 AM

My GOD, is that number right in your chart in the 15-24 range (BTW: that's a kid to me)? 2,009 die from suicide with a firearm! That's worse than I thought! Just curious, how many kids then, in your opinion, is it ok to kill with stupidity? I believe 1 is too many.

So you just pulled the number out of your ass then? And when you're called out on inflating the number of accidental firearm related deaths by over 1600% you just move onto a completely different issue? You anti-gunners are so predictable, it gets boring.

It's not "all right" to be a bad parent, ever. Not for those 29 kids, not for 500 kids, not for 1 kid. The only stupidity would be taking away a woman's best defense against rape in a horribly misguided effort to force people to be better parents. That bullshit never works, just like arguing online never changes anyone's mind.

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 04:55:24 AM

womens rights, says the man with the nice tittied avatar...

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 04:56:13 AM

Uh, no. We just looked at the actual numbers and saw that bathtub drownings are 10x higher than accidental gun deaths. Numbers YOU provided. So, no I don't need to see the Brady Campaign's lies and misrepresentations as well, trust me - I've seen them discredited enough already.

If you really want to know, it's because the right to protect your life and liberty doesn't get less valid with age - another ludicrous supposition. And as someone who has stopped an attempted carjacking (no deaths included) and who has had several friends stop other violent crimes, I know how necessary that right is.

There are an estimated 7000 violent crimes stopped every day by armed citizens in the US. [1] But I guess you'd prefer that those rapes, murders, and robberies happened so that we can try to nanny-state away every case of child neglect...which is incredibly naive to begin with. Luckily, we don't care what you prefer.

Still waiting to hear you apply your ridiculous argument to banning bathtubs...oh wait - you ignore anything that doesn't fit your nonsense.

[1] http://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less-Crime-Understanding/dp/0226493636

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 04:58:00 AM

womens rights, says the man with the nice tittied avatar...

They have the right to show me their titties if they want too!  Grin

+1

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 05:06:33 AM

No, no, you're right - when I can I join your anti-bathtub campaign? After all, if 0.000005% of the children in the US die in drowning deaths happen every year, we MUST take bathtubs away from everyone to prevent "stupid parents" from letting their children drown. And let's take them away from people who aren't parents while we're at it. "If it saves one child..."

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 05:23:45 AM

It's sad that you can't be genuine enough to examine the problem with your logic when it's pointed out so blatantly. You'll defend an irrational viewpoint to the extent of saying you'll give up bathtubs? Do you even hear yourself?

I'm happy you think you don't need the ability to protect yourself - but plenty of people in the world do, and you have no right to make that decision for them. I'd love to see you explain yourself to a rape victim - or someone that's used a gun to avoid becoming one. Maybe one day you'll understand. Best of luck until then.

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
kjj

Activity: 1022

Bitcoin Foundation - Lifetime Member

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 05:31:40 AM

No, no, you're right - when I can I join your anti-bathtub campaign? After all, if 0.000005% of the children in the US die in drowning deaths happen every year, we MUST take bathtubs away from everyone to prevent "stupid parents" from letting their children drown. And let's take them away from people who aren't parents while we're at it. "If it saves one child..."

I donít need a gun Ė police need a gun and get the proper training and psych tests to carry one. I donít even need a bathtub. Iíll make you a deal Iíll give up bathtubs if you give up guns. I can take a sponge bath and you can just knife somebody. Ok

Look Iím not going to do this anymore. Iíve said we are not going to convince each other.

Training?  Psych tests?  LOL.

p2pcoin: a USB/CD/PXE p2pool miner - 1N8ZXx2cuMzqBYSK72X4DAy1UdDbZQNPLf - todo
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Eveofwar

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 06:05:31 AM

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Smiley

Where's your bullet button at ?
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 06:06:57 AM

You made my night.  Grin

Want to see a pic of my .50 BMG?

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 06:15:52 AM

Hey, you did a great job, btw. That's EXACTLY how they sound.

It's REALLY hard to take good pics of that thing - because I can't get it all in the frame. Too freaking long.

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 06:20:30 AM

You made my night.  Grin

Want to see a pic of my .50 BMG?

Give up the pic! I got to shoot my friends Barrett 50 cal and it was SWEET!

This is an AR50 - I've shot the Barrett and it's much better suited for combat obviously - but the Armalite has less recoil. No recoil, actually, it just knocks everything around you down and pushes back a little. Easier to shoot than .22lr! I'm more accurate with the AR50 than the Barrett, but probably just because it's what I'm used to.

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 06:22:00 AM

Nice!!!!! Hey, there's lots of stray kids north of here of you want to go plinking someday. ROTFL

I need a lawn that's longer than 1000yds to keep them off of.

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 08, 2012, 04:41:04 PM

Does a .22lr have enough recoil to bump-fire (or using the sliding stock)?

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 20, 2012, 08:11:53 PM

Got a bunch of stuff to sell you... Just upgraded my AR to SBR and have some left over parts plus some from previous upgrades.

Parts list:

Delton upper with 16" barrel. Upper is in perfect condition, but the barrel was experiencing some jams with wolf ammo. This is a full upper with carrier and charging handle.

A2 front sight/gas block

Weaver rail gas block

foregrip and misc covers

collapsible butt stock

Full butt stock

10 rd mag

front and rear iron flip up sights (not shown). front flip up only works with the weaver gas block.

I'm asking $100 in BTC.

Got the parts today, thanks Tuxavant!  They look awesome.  Smiley   He is so awesome, he also threw in a bitcoin t-shirt for me as well. Smiley

So I need a lower parts kit, a bolt and carrier group (I think what it's called), and then I'll assess everything and see if I'm missing anything else (to make a functional gun).  Then the accessories will come later. Wink

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 20, 2012, 09:30:55 PM

Incidentally, I showed my coworkers/boss what I bought, and they all 3 both became instantly curious about these mysterious "bitcoins" that bought gun parts. 

My female coworker gave up after about 10 minutes of explanation.  My other coworker might put his 5770 to use mining them.  My boss is curious, but gave me the "wtf" face when I explained them, but still seems interested (he's intelligent, so after sleeping on it I'll bet I'll get more questions). Smiley

Eveofwar

View Profile

Ignore
March 20, 2012, 10:23:09 PM

Parts list:

A2 front sight/gas block

Weaver rail gas block

foregrip and misc covers

collapsible butt stock

Full butt stock

10 rd mag

I'm asking $100 in BTC.

Got the parts today, thanks Tuxavant!  They look awesome.  Smiley   He is so awesome, he also threw in a bitcoin t-shirt for me as well. Smiley

So I need a lower parts kit, a bolt and carrier group (I think what it's called), and then I'll assess everything and see if I'm missing anything else (to make a functional gun).  Then the accessories will come later. Wink

I still have the Spike's BCG if/when you're ready Smiley

Glad to see this coming along nicely !
Red Emerald

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW

Ignore
March 20, 2012, 10:43:11 PM

Probably too late now, but when I built my AR-15, I did it by ordering an 80% lower.  This is essentially just a block of metal and so doesn't count as a gun part which makes it much easier to get in California.  From there I milled it myself.

This isn't the place I used, but it is similar.  http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html

I'll ask my dad for the place we actually ordered them from if you are interested.

Eveofwar

View Profile

Ignore
March 20, 2012, 10:50:42 PM

Probably too late now, but when I built my AR-15, I did it by ordering an 80% lower.  This is essentially just a block of metal and so doesn't count as a gun part which makes it much easier to get in California.  From there I milled it myself.

This isn't the place I used, but it is similar.  http://www.cncguns.com/tooling.html

I'll ask my dad for the place we actually ordered them from if you are interested.

He's already got the lower, just needs the LPK for it.
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
April 12, 2012, 06:22:14 PM

I've run into a snag... a person who was going to send me a used BCG for $110 (in bitcoins) is unable to do so anymore.  It's the last piece I need to have a functioning AR15!

Anyone reading the forum have a used BCG (.223/5.56) they'd be willing to trade to me for bitcoins?  I'd like to avoid buying a new one off Amazon. Smiley

tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
November 14, 2012, 09:14:53 PM

And finished. Smiley

I finally got a BCG to put in, and my brother gave me a scope that he no longer wanted.

I realize this thread is way old now, but I wanted to show that it was finally finished. Smiley

jwzguy

View Profile

Ignore
November 14, 2012, 09:23:32 PM

Awesome!

Bitcoin Logo shirts!
RodeoX

View Profile

Ignore
November 15, 2012, 02:55:06 PM

Congrats on your new toy. It looks great.  Kiss

zxyzxy

Activity: 132

View Profile

Ignore
November 15, 2012, 08:56:27 PM

congratz, hope you make it to the news!
Fcx35x10

Activity: 196

View Profile

Ignore
November 16, 2012, 01:12:26 AM

wow congrats! i wish u the best. perhaps it's time to start another firearm project Tongue
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
November 23, 2012, 10:39:42 PM

Actually I think the next (big) thing I want to do is build up enough bitcoins to buy an ounce of gold, and take it to a gun show and find a gun I want that's at least slight above above value for the price of gold, and plop it down on the table and say.. "This ounce of gold for that gun, straight up, what do you say?"

And then see if anyone will do it. Smiley   

I figure it's win-win.  If they accept they'll have an ounce of gold, and I'll have a gun worth more than what I put into the gold.

I mean shit, really, I just want to see their reaction on their face when they realize "holy shit that's a real bar of gold!"

Fcx35x10

Activity: 196

View Profile

Ignore
November 24, 2012, 02:53:10 PM

lol be sure to take pictures when u do!
monkee

Activity: 170

View Profile

Ignore
November 26, 2012, 05:20:37 AM

nice Cheesy
tonto

View Profile WWW

Ignore
November 28, 2012, 04:56:56 PM

nice Cheesy

Haha, actually everything I did was completely legal where I live.  So no legal defense fund needed Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.