I have a weird Windows 7 issue.
When I do soft boot (via Restart) my GD70 built-in network adapter boots disabled with "network cable unplugged" error.
Unplugging the cable and plugging it manually (while Windows is running) enables the port and I get the green led light and network adapter is functional. Also, changing any properties/configure/advanced causes the adapter to be re-activated by software only.
But when I boot Windows, the adapter does not come up.
so far I have tried:
- updated GD70 BIOS to the latest
- updated Realtek drivers to the latest
- reset CMOS via jumper
- changed speed to 100Mb/s from "auto sensing"
- disabled "Green" (pucking) power management
- disabled "power off" by OS (under properties/configure/power management)
- booted with LAN disabled in the BIOS, followed by boot with LAN enabled
I'm running out of ideas. My thinking is it is related to power management or hardware itself to put this port into this "deep sleep".
Any ideas, similar experiences?