Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:05:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares X Now Trading!!!  (Read 12618 times)
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:15:03 PM

Assuming Cryptolina and BTSX market features being around the corner are the reason for the huge trade volume?
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:28:08 PM

Assuming Cryptolina and BTSX market features being around the corner are the reason for the huge trade volume?

Yip, the imminent release of BitAssets and BTSX market features...
Cygnify

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:19:49 AM

Plus, I think people are starting to work out the implications of what BitSharesX brings to the table. It's still way undervalued if you ask me.

EDIT: Also expect a coindesk article in the next few days too.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:27:10 AM

maybe i need to read more, but why would people be trading for bitUSD when they know btsx is becoming more valuable?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
mikhael

Activity: 317
Merit: 317

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:48:36 AM

maybe i need to read more, but why would people be trading for bitUSD when they know btsx is becoming more valuable?

May be most people haven't realized it but they will soon.
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:02:00 AM

Check out this thread:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6887.0
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:18:56 AM

Check out this thread:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6887.0

thanks for the link!
*edit, highlights from user Bytemaster:
"You can trade against BitGold/Silver/Etc  in ForEx
You can hedge against BTS X volatility without creating taxable events or going through a centralized exchange.
You can pay merchants in BitUSD without having to use a service like BitPay to handle volatility risk.
You can support easier cross-chain-trading with market-pegged assets on both chains.
If you are also holding BXTS holding BitUSD helps support the price of BTSX by generating demand for BitUSD."

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:55:13 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 07:08:16 PM by FandangledGizmo

Looks like there's <200 BTC worth of sell walls to take BTSX all the way to $50 million.

Over a $1 million 24 hour volume, the Chinese market BTSX/CNY certainly get's it. I'm sure most alt-coiners will only get what a big thing BitAssets are in a couple of days.
jrossIV

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:08:13 PM

Wow and I just sold 25000 NXT of my 50k and bought in.  When I first noticed BTSX I was for sure it was some weird pump and dump scheme.  The name is a bit cheesy.

Then I read Bitshares Wiki to see what it is and it seems like a completely new thing.  If I understand it correctly, it could be the next Wall Street with all these strange derivatives.  I don't know how likely, but seems like as good of a place as anywhere to diversify in the crypto-space.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:08:29 PM

Looks like there's <200 BTC worth of sell walls to take BTSX all the way to $50 million.

Nearly a $1 million 24 hour volume, the Chinese market BTSX/CNY certainly get's it. I'm sure most alt-coiners will only get what a big thing BitAssets are in a couple of days.

Glad to see one of the projects I have been suggesting to friends and family going on such a bull run. It makes me look like a genius. After most of them did not listen to me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, and now Bitshares.. maybe they will start to take me more seriously hahaahahaha. Wink

It was so f easy to see Bitshares was destined for success IMO. Now I just need Swarm to do something and I will be 4 for 4.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:11:28 PM

Wow and I just sold 25000 NXT of my 50k and bought in.  When I first noticed BTSX I was for sure it was some weird pump and dump scheme.  The name is a bit cheesy.

Then I read Bitshares Wiki to see what it is and it seems like a completely new thing.  If I understand it correctly, it could be the next Wall Street with all these strange derivatives.  I don't know how likely, but seems like as good of a place as anywhere to diversify in the crypto-space.

Definitely not a pump and dump, they have a lot of good ideas and projects planned. BitshareSX is only the first. I suggest getting into Protoshares to get in on the ground floor for future DACs. The BitsharesVote and BitsharesDNS snapshots are coming up soon.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:26:25 PM

Wow and I just sold 25000 NXT of my 50k and bought in.  When I first noticed BTSX I was for sure it was some weird pump and dump scheme.  The name is a bit cheesy.

Then I read Bitshares Wiki to see what it is and it seems like a completely new thing.  If I understand it correctly, it could be the next Wall Street with all these strange derivatives.  I don't know how likely, but seems like as good of a place as anywhere to diversify in the crypto-space.

Definitely not a pump and dump, they have a lot of good ideas and projects planned. BitshareSX is only the first. I suggest getting into Protoshares to get in on the ground floor for future DACs. The BitsharesVote and BitsharesDNS snapshots are coming up soon.

Soon = 5 hours, last block of BitShares PTS for 21 August 23:59:59 GMT
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732434.0

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:30:52 PM

Wow and I just sold 25000 NXT of my 50k and bought in.  When I first noticed BTSX I was for sure it was some weird pump and dump scheme.  The name is a bit cheesy.

Then I read Bitshares Wiki to see what it is and it seems like a completely new thing.  If I understand it correctly, it could be the next Wall Street with all these strange derivatives.  I don't know how likely, but seems like as good of a place as anywhere to diversify in the crypto-space.

Soon = 5 hours, last block of BitShares PTS for 21 August 23:59:59 GMT
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=732434.0

Haha, very soon!  Grin
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:35:57 PM

Haha, very soon!  Grin

But everybody still have time to buy PTS at bter or btc38 and left onto exchange, they commit to make snapshot and you get all your new shares at exchange.
Don't buy PTS at Cryptsy - they will not give you anything.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:39:39 PM

Just saw this on the BitShares forums from the lead developer/founder of BitShares, was posted an hour ago. It's obviously not trading advice, just sharing, do with it what you will.

We are working with some of the best marketing gurus in the industry and are planning the assault.  

This is the primary focus of our trip to st marten.    

All I know is some people with serious money are about to buy into btsx and market the hell out of it.  

BitShares X is awesome and BitAssets, being released in August will be the nuts, but it's nice to hear there's some more marketing (and perhaps other investment) coming on board, because that's what I feel has been lacking.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6380.msg84969#msg84969

I'm somewhat skeptical as Quark Coin accomplished the same thing, getting a few celebrities and rich fund types to throw their money in, but the capitalization bubble wasn't sustained due to a lack of subsequent buyers.  Similar things happened to Mastercoin and such.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:45:19 PM

I'm somewhat skeptical as Quark Coin accomplished the same thing, getting a few celebrities and rich fund types to throw their money in, but the capitalization bubble wasn't sustained due to a lack of subsequent buyers.

Quark failed because it takes more than an innovative PoW algorithm to make a successful coin. Furthermore, their distribution was whack...

* Total of 247 million QRK will be mined in ~ 6 months, after that ~ 1 million QRK p.a. (~ 0.5% p.a inflation)

It was great if you got in during the first 6 months, but it was doomed for failure after this first 6 months because investors coming in after that time period wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole because the distribution was unfair.
TaunSew

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:47:33 PM

What is the distribution of Bitshares X?  Never saw a link explaining it yet. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:48:39 PM

Just saw this on the BitShares forums from the lead developer/founder of BitShares, was posted an hour ago. It's obviously not trading advice, just sharing, do with it what you will.

We are working with some of the best marketing gurus in the industry and are planning the assault.  

All I know is some people with serious money are about to buy into btsx and market the hell out of it.  

BitShares X is awesome and BitAssets, being released in August will be the nuts, but it's nice to hear there's some more marketing (and perhaps other investment) coming on board, because that's what I feel has been lacking.

I'm somewhat skeptical as Quark Coin accomplished the same thing, getting a few celebrities and rich fund types to throw their money in, but the capitalization bubble wasn't sustained due to a lack of subsequent buyers.  Similar things happened to Mastercoin and such.

Yes, you've been telling people you're dubious of BTSX for a while.
You clearly don't understand the impact of BitAssets at all.
The Chinese do.
I think most of you guys are going to have to see them in action to have that 'Aha moment'
TaunSew

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:51:54 PM

I'm somewhat skeptical as Quark Coin accomplished the same thing, getting a few celebrities and rich fund types to throw their money in, but the capitalization bubble wasn't sustained due to a lack of subsequent buyers.  Similar things happened to Mastercoin and such.

Yes, you've been telling people you're dubious of BTSX for a while.
You clearly don't understand the impact of BitAssets at all.
The Chinese do.
I think most of you guys are going to have to see them in action to have that 'Aha moment'

When is for awhile?  Other then commenting on the Ethereum-Bitshares relationship, I've made almost no posts about it.

All I see in BitAssets is something that looks like it was copied from NXT's asset exchange.  The current capitalization growth for Bitshares X looks like a hype buy and there's no ROI due to $40+ million capitalization.  Beating NXT is easy but no proof it'll take on LTC.  Anyone who buys Bitshares X at the moment is likely going to end up as a bagholder.

FandangledGizmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:52:57 PM

What is the distribution of Bitshares X?  Never saw a link explaining it yet.  

BitShares X held a donation period from the beginning of the year to 28th Feb. It raised a few thousand BTC. 50% was distributed to people who had AGS and 50% to people who had PTS on that date, not unlike the snapshots that are happening for BitShares DNS and The Vote DAC today.

Unfortunately the original donators lost out in the short term because when BitShares X was released in July, without the BitAsset functionality it traded for a lot less than they paid. (So from July till about 1-2 weeks ago you get it for less than donation investors.)

When is for awhile?  Other then commenting on the Ethereum-Bitshares relationship, I've made almost no posts about it.

Ok then my bad. I seemed to associate you with 'BitShares negative' in my mind but that might have just been about those posts you just mentioned
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: