Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:34:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock]  (Read 300459 times)
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 02:46:09 AM

Is there any way Cognitive could set up a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP), where share are not held on any exchange and any dividends that would go to the shareholder instead go to purchasing new shares?

Burnside just said he will add this to his TODO list, so this will be able to happen on-exchange.

In case you didn't catch it earlier, I get an email list of shareholders' emails and shares owned every 12 hours, which significantly reduces my concern when it comes to keeping shares on-exchange.

Cheers,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2012, 09:36:11 AM

Is there any way Cognitive could set up a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP), where share are not held on any exchange and any dividends that would go to the shareholder instead go to purchasing new shares?

As of this evening, DRIP is now an option in the Portfolio: My Dividends tab.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=125629.msg1399240#msg1399240

Cheers.
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 11:09:29 PM

I just wanted to give a public thanks to Garr255 for all the great work in sorting out the mess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 10:00:04 PM

Good morning everyone!

I've scheduled the dividend to go out at 5:00 PST tonight. It is a total of 191.2997699BTC which comes out to 0.02220285BTC per share, with the current outstanding shares at 8616.

Now is a great time to pick up some Cognitive Smiley

Cheers,
Garrett

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 02:56:59 AM

I'd support redirecting 50% (or more) of revenue toward growth.  I believe that is the only way to stay on top of the curve and keep the dividend steady.  As long as difficulty is going up there are only two paths Cognitive can take:

A) Spend a chunk on growth, pay the remainder as a (steady and reliable) dividend.

B) Spend nothing on growth, pay a diminishing dividend until there's not enough coming in to keep the lights on.

I agree. This and utilizing a futures fund when and if we want to issue more shares to expand.

I will raise a motion for this after the current one ends.

As an aside, I've noticed that I agree with nearly all suggestions made on this thread. This just goes to show that intelligent people invest in Cognitive Wink

Edit:

Now we just have to decide the percentage of the revenue to be dedicated to growth. I suppose this could be done by using multiple motions. One (that needs 70%) to determine whether we dedicate x% of revenue to growth, and the others (that need best yes:no ratio) to decide the percentage to be reinvested in growth.

I think 50% would be optimal. We will likely be able to keep up with the latest in mining technology without temporarily diluting current shares before new hardware arrives.

I forgot about this.  Is there still plans to to issue a motion to save a percentage of revenue for growth?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 03:55:32 PM

I forgot about this.  Is there still plans to to issue a motion to save a percentage of revenue for growth?

Yes. Expect it within a week.

Cheers,
Garrett

Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 02:21:20 AM

Hey all, dividends went out tonight. Check https://btct.co/security/COGNITIVE

Additionally, A shareholder has brought to my attention that it is sometimes desirable to have an off-exchange asset parking service. Although I am not doing it with my personal assets because I trust the security measures burnside (BTC-TC operator) has taken to keep our accounts secure, this would take asset security to the next level by utilizing GPG. The site is https://assets-otc.com/about.php and if you are interested in parking your assets there just let me know.

Cheers,
Garrett

GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 06:37:04 AM

Hey Garr,

some asset operators got the full list of asset holders from Nefario recently. Did you get it also? I was still missing on your list last time.
stochastic

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 07:00:37 AM

Hey all, dividends went out tonight. Check https://btct.co/security/COGNITIVE

Additionally, A shareholder has brought to my attention that it is sometimes desirable to have an off-exchange asset parking service. Although I am not doing it with my personal assets because I trust the security measures burnside (BTC-TC operator) has taken to keep our accounts secure, this would take asset security to the next level by utilizing GPG. The site is https://assets-otc.com/about.php and if you are interested in parking your assets there just let me know.

Cheers,
Garrett

Be careful
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105437.msg1287486#msg1287486
To see why it was delisted, read the post above the one linked.

I like the colored-coins idea.  I think that has a lot of potential.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 07:11:41 AM

Be careful

Yes. I am not supporting, endorsing, or recommending this; I am simply providing the option.

Hey Garr,

some asset operators got the full list of asset holders from Nefario recently. Did you get it also? I was still missing on your list last time.

Hello,

Yes, Nefario has sent the completed list to me and I've sent it to burnside to process. I'll post back after he has sorted everything out.

Cheers,
Garrett

piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1344

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2012, 11:19:31 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2012, 01:35:50 PM by piotr_n

Be careful
Smiley
Said a guy who used to be Nefario's big advocate - at the same time when I was already calling him a crook who was backing Goat to cheat his customers, stole 3000 ASICMINER shares, and god knows what else he did to screw over GLBSE users...

There are obviously people who will never learn, like you stochastic, but trust me, dear: I am the last person who would be trying to educate you.

So despite of your confidence in Nefario's honesty, I did not listen to you but chose listening to my reason and thus already in August I preemptively parked my modest share in Garrett's business.
Such a crazy move allowed me to keep receiving the divs while everyone else was shaking their pants  worrying whether Nefario would give the shareholders list or not. The list which BTW nobody can still be sure to be correct. In fact it does not look correct at all if you know that 3 days before GLBSE went muted there were only 7870 COGNITIVE shares, Garrett told you that he did not sell anything outside the market, and if you see at the twitter feed that the total trading volume for that last 3 days was.... below 200 shares!
So how the hell did it end up with 8616 shares?  I guess there must be a perfectly reasonable answer for that, but unfortunately no way to verify if such an answer would be true.
My blind shot is that the extra new shares just ended up as Nefario's "claim", but since we cannot prove that, all we can do is asking Garrett "how has he invested the money acquired by selling the 746 new shares?" - and then, he will most likely answer with "what money?" Smiley And not because he is the one who screwed us here - he just cannot do anything else in this circumstances, having no proofs for anything that happen on the exchange, because no single transaction can be proven.

So yeah: be very careful with having PGP signed contracts for what you own!!!
Just listen to stochastic - the guy knows what he is talking about and he will give you the best advise, as he always had yet back in the GLBSE times. Smiley

Yeah.
And I like the idea of spending Christmas on a white sanded sunny beach, sleeping under a palm, smoking joints, soaking cold bier, watching crabs and snorkeling with fishes...
But the reality is cruel and so you can't always get what you want.
Or skipping the metaphors: colored-coins is just a theoretical idea, while assets-otc is already a practical reality.

So if you prefer colored-coins then be my guest: keep waiting for your dreams to come true, hoping that the bitcoin enterprise that you are currently in, based on exactly the same security concept as the one that screwed you before, won't just blow up one day, right into your face.
And stay away from simple PGP-signed contracts, because they are so inconvenient that only crazy people use them Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
stochastic

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 07:16:08 PM

Be careful
Smiley
Said a guy who used to be Nefario's big advocate - at the same time when I was already calling him a crook who was backing Goat to cheat his customers, stole 3000 ASICMINER shares, and god knows what else he did to screw over GLBSE users...

There are obviously people who will never learn, like you stochastic, but trust me, dear: I am the last person who would be trying to educate you.

So despite of your confidence in Nefario's honesty, I did not listen to you but chose listening to my reason and thus already in August I preemptively parked my modest share in Garrett's business.
Such a crazy move allowed me to keep receiving the divs while everyone else was shaking their pants  worrying whether Nefario would give the shareholders list or not. The list which BTW nobody can still be sure to be correct. In fact it does not look correct at all if you know that 3 days before GLBSE went muted there were only 7870 COGNITIVE shares, Garrett told you that he did not sell anything outside the market, and if you see at the twitter feed that the total trading volume for that last 3 days was.... below 200 shares!
So how the hell did it end up with 8616 shares?  I guess there must be a perfectly reasonable answer for that, but unfortunately no way to verify if such an answer would be true.
My blind shot is that the extra new shares just ended up as Nefario's "claim", but since we cannot prove that, all we can do is asking Garrett "how has he invested the money acquired by selling the 746 new shares?" - and then, he will most likely answer with "what money?" Smiley And not because he is the one who screwed us here - he just cannot do anything else in this circumstances, having no proofs for anything that happen on the exchange, because no single transaction can be proven.

So yeah: be very careful with having PGP signed contracts for what you own!!!
Just listen to stochastic - the guy knows what he is talking about and he will give you the best advise, as he always had yet back in the GLBSE times. Smiley

Yeah.
And I like the idea of spending Christmas on a white sanded sunny beach, sleeping under a palm, smoking joints, soaking cold bier, watching crabs and snorkeling with fishes...
But the reality is cruel and so you can't always get what you want.
Or skipping the metaphors: colored-coins is just a theoretical idea, while assets-otc is already a practical reality.

So if you prefer colored-coins then be my guest: keep waiting for your dreams to come true, hoping that the bitcoin enterprise that you are currently in, based on exactly the same security concept as the one that screwed you before, won't just blow up one day, right into your face.
And stay away from simple PGP-signed contracts, because they are so inconvenient that only crazy people use them Smiley

As you can see Garr, poitr_n is pretty unstable.  As you would know, I was asking what a plan B would be for Cognitive before Nefario even went berserk.  poitr_n is the type of person that will attack anyone that questions his decision making, much like Nefario.  It is unfortunate because I am only interested in improving and advocating for the exchange markets of stocks and bonds trading for cryptocurrencies.  I even linked to poitr_n's post about #assets-otc from my market indicator site (stochastically.com) after GLBSE was shut down because I thought it would be a great alternative, until the craziness that occurred.  Maybe that person's asset was delisted due to some claimed scamming, but to me it happened because he posted about Open Transactions on in the forum post about #assets-otc.  If we had sane and profession people running these exchanges (take burnside as an example) I think these exchanges could do a lot of good.  I think competition is a good thing and I wish exchange operators would work together or at least be humble and respectful.

But I am glad you only list it as an option and not recommending the place.  As you can see it is a warning to anyone that might want to use #assets-otc.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2012, 08:26:45 PM

As you can see Garr, poitr_n is pretty unstable.  As you would know, I was asking what a plan B would be for Cognitive before Nefario even went berserk.  poitr_n is the type of person that will attack anyone that questions his decision making, much like Nefario.  It is unfortunate because I am only interested in improving and advocating for the exchange markets of stocks and bonds trading for cryptocurrencies.  I even linked to poitr_n's post about #assets-otc from my market indicator site (stochastically.com) after GLBSE was shut down because I thought it would be a great alternative, until the craziness that occurred.  Maybe that person's asset was delisted due to some claimed scamming, but to me it happened because he posted about Open Transactions on in the forum post about #assets-otc.  If we had sane and profession people running these exchanges (take burnside as an example) I think these exchanges could do a lot of good.  I think competition is a good thing and I wish exchange operators would work together or at least be humble and respectful.

But I am glad you only list it as an option and not recommending the place.  As you can see it is a warning to anyone that might want to use #assets-otc.
I think you are talking to me, though addressing your speech to someone else. In which case, I am going to do exactly the same Smiley

Why am I unstable?
The only reason you have to support the theory that I am unstable is that I delisted your friend's asset from my generously free contract management service, after he had offended me.
So what is so unstable about it?
If Garrett had ever offended me, I would have delisted his asset as well - surprise? I don't think so.
And moreover, I don't think he will ever offend me because he is a normal honest guy who can listen to reason and never talks bullshit. So I believe he will listen to my reason, publically if needs so. And you - you keep selling bullshit to him, but don't dare to use my name with it, hoping for no reaction. There will always be a reaction - you can bet on it.

And, by the way, let me tell you once again that assets-otc is nowhere about anyone's trust to me.
I'm not holding anyone's balls for any moment - I'm only storing contracts.
Being delisted at my page does not mean anything.
In fact soon I'm going to publish the source code so anyone can get his shit and just start it at his own server, if he knows what php and mysql is.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
stochastic

View Profile
December 23, 2012, 08:42:59 PM

I think you are talking to me, though addressing your speech to someone else. In which case, I am going to do exactly the same Smiley

Why am I unstable?
The only reason you have to support the theory that I am unstable is that I delisted your friend's asset from my generously free contract management service, after he had offended me.
So what is so unstable about it?
If Garrett had ever offended me, I would have delisted his asset as well - surprise? I don't think so.
And moreover, I don't think he will ever offend me because he is a normal honest guy who can listen to reason and never talks bullshit. So I believe he will listen to my reason, publically if needs so. And you - you keep selling bullshit to him, but don't dare to use my name with it, hoping for no reaction. There will always be a reaction - you can bet on it.

And, by the way, let me tell you once again that assets-otc is nowhere about anyone's trust to me.
I'm not holding anyone's balls for any moment - I'm only storing contracts.
Being delisted at my page does not mean anything.
In fact soon I'm going to publish the source code so anyone can get his shit and just start it at his own server, if he knows what php and mysql is.

Since this is a thread about Cognitive, I will refrain from pointing out your admittance of being unprofessional, but good luck to your work.  I think #assets-otc is a great idea in the hands of a professional person.

piotr_n
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2012, 07:40:12 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2012, 07:59:03 AM by piotr_n

Since this is a thread about Cognitive, I will refrain from pointing out your admittance of being unprofessional.
Well... but since, despite of refraining, you have pointed out me being unprofessional, let me tell you that your friend Nefario had been all about being professional, and look what has happened now. Smiley

Besides I assure you that I am very professional - I just don't work in sales, nor in marketing, neither in any other useless profession that would require me to sell bullshit.
I have a good product and so I don't even need to advertise it.
For this product, it is enough to just wait for people to learn. Because similar problems with other asset exchanges seem inevitable to me, and it is just a matter of time before another gets hacked or something, and again nobody will be able to prove anything.

How many exchanges need to blow up before people finally learn how to protect their assets?
Hard to say, but from what I see I should probably say: too many... Smiley

Anyway, you already said several times that you're not going to use my idea, because you find its inventor and developer unprofessional.
Fine, then don't use it - who asks you to?
I'm not even sure why you are repeating yourself again, but you called it - so here I came.

Therefore answering your insinuations, I would like to make it straight for other people, such who would actually be interested in parking their bitcoin-based assets outside traditional exchanges, that Cognitive is welcome at assets-otc. And I don't expect delisting it ever, because doing business with Garrett has always been my pleasure and I believe it was also the other way around. So I cannot imagine any reason for it to change.

And you stochastic - you are just talking bullshit, as you usually have.

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2013, 08:16:51 AM

Thanks for the divs!  Wink
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:14:12 AM

Can you give us some information about the current status of Cognitive and ASICs orders?

Avalon are saying they will ship this week.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
Garr255 (OP)
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:02:42 PM

Can you give us some information about the current status of Cognitive and ASICs orders?

Avalon are saying they will ship this week.

Right now not enough of the newly issued shares have sold to purchase an Avalon order (less than 40btc worth). So it is likely that when those shares are sold, we will raise a motion to reallocate those funds. As for the BFL order, our 7 SC Single upgrades have been paid for and we're just waiting for BFL on this one.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Garrett

strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:23:37 PM

Thanks for the info. Smiley

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 05:36:33 PM

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Is the Mhs/share going to rise once you get delivery of your orders?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: