Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:03:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few random rants.. Please Read.  (Read 1272 times)
rexcoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 07:44:00 AM

O.k i know this is totally random stuff but i just like to know other peoples thoughts is all.

ALIENS:
O.k this certainly isnt new - there has to be life on other planets, hell there might be life on titan - saturn's moon.
http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1995828,00.html
what makes me think even more about alien life, is that there was life on mars, im thinking if there was intelligent life there, something happened like a huge Asteroid hitting the planet and they couldnt prevent it, so what are there choices? die and thats it? i doubt it, i think we are in a way somehow which i cant explain - the beginning stage of the creatures, maybe i watch mission to mars too much, but theres too MUCH werid thing on earth, not even talking about crop circles, or how the pyramids were made almost perfect, no im talking about more werid shit like how us humans have accomplished soo much in about 100 years, from sailships to spaceships, from swords to lasers (yes we have prototype laser thing that can destroy missles and stuff) its just kinda hard how basically all this happened in 100 years. what bugs me out about my mars story is this:
http://lightworkers.org/blog/106101/giant-hexagon-saturn-and-jupiter-mystery
Is that our mommy and daddy from mars coming to visit us or watching us :-P, are we just some experiment. who the hell knows.
There is just too much werid shit happening that cant be explained,

EVOLUTION:
I also think about evolution, the thing i dont get is if we evolved from chimps, why the hell arent there any other smart animals like us on this planet, The reason why this bugs me out, you dont see a evolution of any fish animal that can building houses or have any forms of writing or anything in that nature. And according to something i read -  memory came from some pre-dinosaur animal, that was a water breather (fish life) - i forgot the name sorry.

Which is why my mars theory i for some reason believe more in, even though it will i know for a fact sound stupid to 99.99% of people on here.

I think about alot more of random stuff but its late and im getting tired i will prob.. update this tomorrow with some more random stuff.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 08:40:32 AM

EVOLUTION:
I also think about evolution, the thing i dont get is if we evolved from chimps, why the hell arent there any other smart animals like us on this planet, The reason why this bugs me out, you dont see a evolution of any fish animal that can building houses or have any forms of writing or anything in that nature. And according to something i read -  memory came from some pre-dinosaur animal, that was a water breather (fish life) - i forgot the name sorry.

1) Humans did not evolve from chimps, we shared a common ancestor 4-8 million years ago.

2) Humans have only been around a very short time in the big scheme of things. The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Early life appeared about 4 billion years ago. The dinosaurs lived about 200 million years ago. The earliest record of an animal categorized as Homo is only 2.5 million years old. The oldest record of a creature anatomically human is 200 thousand years old. Writing likely developed out of the need to keep track of a complex society sometime after 10 thousand years ago (earliest record is about 8 thousand years old). It is quite possible we are just first. Also once this began, the pace of technological advancement far outpaced the possible brain evolution of other species. Now that we fill the niche of intelligent, dominant species it is unlikely another will supplant us unless some catastrophe occurs, we create it ourselves, or they live underneath the earth or at the bottom of the sea or something. The last two possibilities are unlikely because there is much less energy to be had in those locations and limited space/increased "atmospheric" pressures would tend to select for smaller animals with corresponding smaller brains. "Intelligence" is roughly correlated to brain size, and better correlated to neocortex surface area.

C. elegans (the nematode) displays memory. It can learn and remember to associate temperature, oxygen levels, and other chemical cues (tastes and smells) with the presence of food.

C. elegans has 302 neurons. The last common ancestor between humans and C. elegans was about 600 million years ago.
bb113

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 05:56:28 AM

Did this settle it for you then?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 06:07:27 AM

Maybe for him, but not for me. I firmly believe that some alien is doing unpleasant things to your avatar, hence it's missing.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:35:08 AM

C. elegans has 302 neurons. The last common ancestor between humans and C. elegans was about 600 million years ago.

How many neurons does a paramecium have?
bb113

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:51:39 AM

Maybe for him, but not for me. I firmly believe that some alien is doing unpleasant things to your avatar, hence it's missing.

Better? Now we have Phinnaeus before and after.
bb113

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 06:59:14 AM

More than a mecium of them.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 09:32:33 AM

Huh Paramecium is an unicellular organism, thus it has no neurons.

Quote from:  rexcoin

EVOLUTION:

You are assuming here that intelligence is an adaptable trait.  Evolution does not require natural selection.  Most evolution at the DNA level is neutral.  With random sampling at small enough population size, it is possible to fix certain genetic alleles in a population that may or may not be beneficial. 

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2012, 09:20:26 PM

Better? Now we have Phinnaeus before and after.

Me and my big mouth this damn keyboard!
dayfall

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 09:41:25 PM

I haven't noticed anything weird.
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 10:23:08 AM

EVOLUTION:
I also think about evolution, the thing i dont get is if we evolved from chimps, why the hell arent there any other smart animals like us on this planet,

from wikipedia

"Neanderthals and modern humans coexisted in Europe for several thousand years, but the duration of this period is uncertain.[2] Modern humans may have first migrated to Europe 40–43,000 years ago,[3] and Neanderthals may have lived as recently as 24,000 years ago in refugia on the south coast of the Iberian peninsula such as Gorham's Cave.[4][5] Inter-stratification of Neanderthal and modern human remains has been suggested,[6] but is disputed.[7]"

So there were 2 intelligent species at the same time. One was wiped out ...

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 12:14:22 AM

So there were 2 intelligent species at the same time. One was wiped out ...

...leaving only the weaker of the two to fend for themselves.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: