Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:49:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mt.Gox launches the definitive bitcoin checkout solution.  (Read 9316 times)
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2012, 05:12:06 PM

Will this system allow our site to accept customers to purchase something valued in bitcoin with any of the mtgox-accepted funding methods as well?

Say im selling a 1BTC starbucks map, can a user go to the checkout, pay 3,6 EUR (or whatever current market value is) with SEPA and when processed, we will receive the 1BTC?

First the client has to fund the account then he can pay.

It is well explained in the youtube video.

Bitcoin is the future !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2012, 06:17:44 AM

Will this system allow our site to accept customers to purchase something valued in bitcoin with any of the mtgox-accepted funding methods as well?

Say im selling a 1BTC starbucks map, can a user go to the checkout, pay 3,6 EUR (or whatever current market value is) with SEPA and when processed, we will receive the 1BTC?

As stated in our press release, this system is so far for BTC to BTC, than you will have the choice to convert and withdraw your money manullay. However, soon, we will have an automatic system that will convert your BTC into USD, EUR automatically and trigger a withdraw or not (Your choice).

Another "Part" of our all E-commerce solution will be launched / announced Tuesday, this system is more "user" friendly and will help people to sell product or being paid in BTC without the needs for coding.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
mokimarket

Activity: 422

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 01:40:10 PM

The api link is currently down, when will it be back up?

We just tested the API on our "Super Map Store" beta site and the system work just fine. Can you please give us the message, if any, of the error?

Cheers

I guess I don't see what I have to install on my server to get this up and running.

Like where is this downloadable Magento plugin? I thought I would be able to download some software from your website.
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 05:53:01 AM

We just tested the API on our "Super Map Store" beta site and the system work just fine. Can you please give us the message, if any, of the error?

Cheers

I guess I don't see what I have to install on my server to get this up and running.

Like where is this downloadable Magento plugin? I thought I would be able to download some software from your website.

Hi, Magento is not yet ready, we are waiting for our dev to update us on this. As for the API, well you need your dev team to have a look at the API and API documentation to adapt our system to your needs.

mokimarket

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 06:23:19 PM

Cheers

Hi, Magento is not yet ready, we are waiting for our dev to update us on this. As for the API, well you need your dev team to have a look at the API and API documentation to adapt our system to your needs.

Any expectation on the completion of this plugin yet?
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 12:47:31 AM

Cheers

Any expectation on the completion of this plugin yet?

Soon, I know this is not the kind of answer you would like to hear, but we are working on it and other payment stuff at the same time that are basically all connected which explain the delay.

Cheers

CryptoGolfer

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2012, 04:42:24 AM

What is the status on this project? Can it be implemented into my WP site?
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 08:12:58 AM

Hi

If you are comfortable enough with any kind of API you can work on this right away, if you are not, well we will have something for your, hopefully, pretty soon.

Cheers

mokimarket

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:51:57 PM

Hi

If you are comfortable enough with any kind of API you can work on this right away, if you are not, well we will have something for your, hopefully, pretty soon.

Cheers

Does this magento module work?
Mt.Gox Support (OP)
VIP

View Profile
May 17, 2012, 12:53:20 AM

Hi

Cheers

Does this magento module work?

Yep, only one feature is missing prior to launch= Email alert, but I am running it flawlessly on a demo store since the past week.

marnie

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 04:37:21 AM

Is anyone using this on their site?

I did a test order on my friend's site for $0.20 17mins ago, and it shows one confirmation so far.
The bitcoins someone sent me 30mins ago is at three confirmations so far.
Is someone supposed to sit at the confirmation page for 30-60 minutes for confirmation
for six?

What exactly are these confirmations and why is this taking so long? I'd assume this would
get a lot of complaints.

Largo

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 04:47:10 AM

Great to see bitpay is getting some competition.
More options is always better for Bitcoin.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 04:57:52 AM

Is anyone using this on their site?

I did a test order on my friend's site for $0.20 17mins ago, and it shows one confirmation so far.
The bitcoins someone sent me 30mins ago is at three confirmations so far.
Is someone supposed to sit at the confirmation page for 30-60 minutes for confirmation
for six?

What exactly are these confirmations and why is this taking so long? I'd assume this would
get a lot of complaints.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Confirmation

Bitcoin POS system's is still not quite where it should be...

the confirmations should be transparent to the customers, their is no reason it can't be. If the TX is fraudulent the POS will find out after a few confirmation and can cancel the order, this should happen under the hood. the user should be notified "thank you for your payment" with 0 Confirmations.

marnie

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 05:04:30 AM

Thanks.
For anyone interested, this is what the final page looks like.
It now has six confirmations, 45mins after the transaction started.
But the screen has not changed yet, and no money in mtgox account.
This is not acceptable.

http://i49.tinypic.com/23mk21z.jpg

eight confirmations now
Mt.Gox_Alex

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 05:19:00 AM

Thanks.
For anyone interested, this is what the final page looks like.
It now has six confirmations, 45mins after the transaction started.
But the screen has not changed yet, and no money in mtgox account.
This is not acceptable.

eight confirmations now

Please contact the support, there must be a problem somewhere

Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!
marnie

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 05:44:22 AM

When withdrawing or depositing bitcoins into your Mt.Gox account there may occasionally be a delay (1~24 hours) depending on network congestion, your internet connection speed and the time required to get 6 confirmations on the network. If you're sending to your computer's wallet, it's good practice to keep your bitcoin client running so it can download the block chain. For those that may not know the block chain is the complete history of all transactions made on the bitcoin network, and as such it can take some time to update and download the most current block and see the bitcoins in your wallet.

If you aren't seeing the funds after either withdrawing/sending to Mt. Gox from your bitcoin program, please wait 24 hours before contacting us. If your transfer has still not occurred within 48 hours, please lodge a support request so we may begin the process of tracking your bitcoins and reinitiating the transfer.

I don't get this. So the screen above could stay like that for up to 24 hours?
And the person is sitting there wondering what is going on?
And it can take up to one day before the money is into the account?
This can't be right?
marnie

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 07:43:55 PM

Okay, I'm not sure if they fixed it, or if I just had the bad luck of an error last night.
But I did a test order today, and after the bitcoins were sent. It said there was no money there, but some were pending.
So it atleast tells the customer the coins were sent but need to be confirmed. This gives peace of mind atleast.
Payment was sent 20mins ago. No confirmations yet.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 07:52:23 PM

Okay, I'm not sure if they fixed it, or if I just had the bad luck of an error last night.
But I did a test order today, and after the bitcoins were sent. It said there was no money there, but some were pending.
So it atleast tells the customer the coins were sent but need to be confirmed. This gives peace of mind atleast.
Payment was sent 20mins ago. No confirmations yet.

I really think its best not to show the user confirmations pending...

the user can get "thanks for payment" with 0 confirmations
and the merchant can get "customer paid for item" after 3-6 confirmations
also the user could get a " payment confirmed " email msg after 3-6 confirmations
but the user must not feel the need to wait 3-6 confirmations this is ridiculous, and unnecessary.

marnie

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 08:05:04 PM

Here is the exact message. What do you think?
http://i47.tinypic.com/16jhmkk.jpg
marnie

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 09:45:19 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2012, 10:26:25 PM by marnie

Well there are now 10 confirmations, and the above screen still showing.
Though it's an improvement, I think it's really stupid to display that screen, when it's going to take several hours, possibly a day
before mtgox approves the money in the account. Some people could be checking confirmations to see when it's going to be finalized
and wonder why it's not changed.

Also, I want to post this, so hopefully it can get some attention from the devlopers.

All orders come in as 'processing' and never switch to let you know it was paid.
If someone closes out of their screen, their order is not canceled it is still processing. This leaves confusion for actually paid orders.

What makes matters worse is that it takes numerous hours to get payment confirmation, possibly 12-24 hours. We could have a dozen new orders, or a dozen new canceled orders (both look the same) before we see money in our mtgox account. We then have to go back and try and figure out which order the payment was from.

What needs to happen is if the payment is canceled or screen is closed out, the order is canceled.
If payment is made it should say pending or processing. Then once funds are confirmed it needs to be switched to confirmed, or somethign along those lines.
It's not efficient for the website owner to have to spend an hour a day sorting through which orders are real and which were canceled.

The 12-24 hours before payment confirmation is also ridiculous. A customer places and order, and instead of it possibly being shipped out the same day,
it's going to take 1-2 days for payment to be confirmed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: