Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:38:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IT Administrator Mining  (Read 15441 times)
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:07:04 PM

I don't have permission, but I can't be caught because I'm the only person smart enough in IT to figure out what's going on!

Then they probably wouldn't notice if you just took a few computers home with you for your "pockets benefit", either...

As a matter of fact, they dont. I've taken 10+ sticks of RAM, a few PSUs, tons of HDDs, printer power supplies, a laptop, a PC
Ebay FTW
then you probably should stick to that... more profit than mining....
NO, i am not encouraging anyone to do this.

I had a friend from youth and he pursued IT as well as I.  A pretty dishonest guy and guilty of the kind of behavior that OP stated.

My friend always took the easy way if risk was manageable.  He wasn't a very good IT guy in regards to skill because of the affect of his ethics.

I'm afraid that there all kinds of people in every industry.  What sucks is these people can and do find work and often are a thorn in the side of colleagues with stronger work ethic.

Ultimately, I attribute the last sentence to incompetent managers; there are a crap load more of those compared to crappy grunts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrTiggr

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 02:13:47 PM

DMetcalfe92:

Ill content with waiting for karma, i began to wonder what D Metcalfe 92 might be a contraction of....

IF your name just happened to be Daniel Metcalfe then this link with a very similar set of skills might worry you:

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/daniel-metcalfe/45/824/a76

Especially because it lists the lovely services of [Weston EU Ltd August 2008 – Present (3 years 8 months)] as this this persons current employer...

http://www.westoneu.net/westoneu.html

Sounds like a lovely family operation - it would be terrible to hear that the Sutton's had gotten wind of an employer behaving like this.

I REALLY hope you werent that silly bro

Someone call the partyvan.

Cheers
MrTiggr

+1

Thanks for the bumps all!

i notice we haven't heard from daniel ... sorry dmetcalfe92 since i posted this, i wonder why..

?? did anyone ever call that partyvan ? Wink
DMetcalfe92 (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 03:25:27 PM

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 03:35:38 PM

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1025

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2012, 04:26:42 PM

.../0DaYWaReZ
bangra

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 09, 2012, 04:37:20 PM

...---...
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 03:44:31 AM

pwned.
RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 06:05:34 AM

It just amazes me how idiotic people can be on the internet. Just because you have a small penis doesn't mean you should compensate by waving around your retarded e-penis. Do people get butt raped in UK prison?  

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid! =D
Regex

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 02:37:52 PM

Just a quick thought here:

IF this guy DMetcalfe92 really is Daniel Metcalfe, working at Weston EU then he is a huge jackass and earns nothing but to be fired (and to be sued).

However, I just can't believe that anybody would be THAT stupid... posting what illegal activities he has done and what he plans to do with an account named after his real name and his year of birth. Sounds reeeeally funny to me... what if anyone actually wants this Daniel Metcalfe to lose his job?

Just my 2 bitcents ...
TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 03:26:25 PM

I don't think so. This looks very much like it's real.
  • Look at his other posts. I don't think anyone else who just wants Daniel Metcalfe to be fired would post those other things.
  • Look at how he emptied all the posts in this thread after his identity was uncovered by MrTiggr.
  • He probably though he's in some kind of (cr|h)acker community here that would endorse this kind of behavior, and wanted to show off.
  • People just are incredibly naive sometimes.

Just go ahead and inform Weston EU, should be fairly easy to figure out if there's a power bill increase and lots of missing inventory in that company's IT department. I'd guess that he has stopped mining in the meantime though.

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
Regex

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 04:11:18 PM

Right.

Anyways, if he really, REALLY is Daniel Metcalfe then he is incredibly stupid. Extraordinary stupid.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 04:50:32 PM

Tick tock tock  Cool

pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 05:53:35 PM

Weston EU almost certainly has so called half-hourly power meters and have ability to chart their power usage in almost real time. Even if he stopped CPU mining (allegedly), abnormal power usage particularly during night hours in recent past would be obvious.

There is only one commodity on this planet that is indeed infinite...

Is stupidity called a commodity?
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 05:56:44 PM

Weston EU almost certainly has so called half-hourly power meters and have ability to chart their power usage in almost real time. Even if he stopped CPU mining (allegedly), abnormal power usage particularly during night hours in recent past would be obvious.

There is only one commodity on this planet that is indeed infinite...

Why they would be stupid enough to leave the PCs on during night hours is beyond me ...

Maybe they are manufacturing then as well as during the day Huh
DarkMatter

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

Stop trying to steal my account, thanks.

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 07:47:26 PM

Guys this is just too hilarious to be true.
This asshole really deserved it.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 09:46:43 PM

I don't think so. This looks very much like it's real.
  • Look at his other posts. I don't think anyone else who just wants Daniel Metcalfe to be fired would post those other things.
  • Look at how he emptied all the posts in this thread after his identity was uncovered by MrTiggr.
  • He probably though he's in some kind of (cr|h)acker community here that would endorse this kind of behavior, and wanted to show off.
  • People just are incredibly naive sometimes.

Just go ahead and inform Weston EU, should be fairly easy to figure out if there's a power bill increase and lots of missing inventory in that company's IT department. I'd guess that he has stopped mining in the meantime though.

He can delete the posts, but not the response quotes from his posts.  If it wasn't him why would he bother destroying the evidence?  So, anyone willing to send Weston EU a link to this thread? 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2012, 10:19:19 PM

He can delete the posts, but not the response quotes from his posts.  If it wasn't him why would he bother destroying the evidence?  So, anyone willing to send Weston EU a link to this thread? 

He can claim that those would be fake though. That's why I'd rather track him down by other means (missing inventory, power consumption spikes, ...)

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
March 10, 2012, 10:27:06 PM

It just amazes me how idiotic people can be on the internet. Just because you have a small penis doesn't mean you should compensate by waving around your retarded e-penis. Do people get butt raped in UK prison?  

lulz.

Sure, inform his employer.  I think it's warranted in this case.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 02:19:31 AM

Ain't this just too stupid to be true?  Then again, life is often stranger than fiction. Can't feel sorry for this asshole.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 11, 2012, 04:31:09 PM

I think this may have been taken a little too far....lol

Anyways, like I said: My first firing was some smug asshole who didn't cover his tracks properly Tongue

Edit: I take that back, I forgot about the stolen laptops and ram to sell on eBay admission. Burn the heretic!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: