Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Forum moderation policy  (Read 602 times)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 05:31:28 PM

The policy to not remove anything worked when the forum was small. Now that we have thousands of posts a day, we can't afford 50% of them being junk. The moderators are now instructed to be less tolerant of low-value posts.

Some guidelines:

1. Free speech - you can say anything as long as it is relevant and presented in a calm and polite manner. Swearing, SHOUTING etc. make your post more likely to be removed.
2. No zero value posts or threads, like "SELL SELL SELL"
3. No pointless or uninteresting threads.
4. No referral code spam
5. No NSFW content
Can we please add that being rude to people gets the post removed (if someone finds it offensive,it should be removed asap to minimise needless anxiety caused by the culprits posts.This is how all other forums work except this one.Stop hiding behind freedom of speech for culprits)? As I really had enough of the issues form time to time on here. Please consider my feedback.If the ill courteousy issues were resolved I'd feel happier to be on here and part of BTC whereas right now, the overly hostile responses I sometimes get are putting me off BTC in general.Please stop being hands off in moderating  and make it so that being offensive gets posts removed quickly to spare me distress caused by such posts.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kettenmonster

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

bool eval(bool b){return b ? b==true : b==false;}

View Profile
March 05, 2012, 06:46:49 PM

This is how all other forums work except this one.
Wrong argument so whole post void! Or even better I think you are rude whilst trying to outwit others with wrong arguments. ... so please be so kind to either reconsider your arguments or remove your post. You should always be first to prove your own rules valid by using them yourself.
So much for the formal contradiction

Can we please add that being rude to people gets the post removed (if someone finds it offensive,it should be removed asap to minimise needless anxiety caused by the culprits posts.
I prefer the Linus-Torvalds-approach: If you feel offended, make sure it´s not your fault.
If it is not your fault than just convince loads of others with ease.

The paining (sic!) is done with the QPainter class inside the paintEvent() method.
(source: my internet)
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2012, 08:02:04 PM

This is how all other forums work except this one.
Wrong argument so whole post void! Or even better I think you are rude whilst trying to outwit others with wrong arguments. ... so please be so kind to either reconsider your arguments or remove your post. You should always be first to prove your own rules valid by using them yourself.
So much for the formal contradiction

Can we please add that being rude to people gets the post removed (if someone finds it offensive,it should be removed asap to minimise needless anxiety caused by the culprits posts.
I prefer the Linus-Torvalds-approach: If you feel offended, make sure it´s not your fault.
If it is not your fault than just convince loads of others with ease.

1st point.You are making a false claim that I am trying to outwit other people. I've never once made a claim in that post that I want to do this.You are a newer member than me and YOU have the nerve to tell others what is OK? Get off your moral high horse already (as you are clearly no better than me). You managed to cause yet more offence (for no reason) while being critical of me.How is that logical or fair? Answer me that.

Just because you disagree with my post, you automatically dismiss it entirely.Tell me how your response is proportionate or fair? The whole point is to DEBATE and REFORM (thats why I made that suggestion) ,not dismiss views.Look at the houses of parliament in the UK.People debate things for a very long time before things get done.What happens after? Well everything gets done with ALL views taken on board (usually).

No reasonable person (outside this community) should have to know the 'Linus torvalds approach' just to make a point because you couldn't find a better way of explaining yourself. I have no time for people like that.That's why they never make it far in the film industry or even real life (or they never even get a crappy starting job in that industry to begin with.I work in an industry that is as close to reality as is possible.I talk to loads of people in the real world and I never expect them to know this 'rule'.Why? because it is not a proportionate response to issues in the real world.) However I'm happy that I learned something new from that Linus approach (I've never heard of that before as I value my work more than listening to people who are not professional filmmakers as that's my industry) so I give credit to you for that one.

Before responding to my post again,please at least consider what I have mentioned.If you still consider my points questionable,I want a reasoned,proportionate (fair) response from you about why this is right,wrong,e.tc. This will show me that you are prepared to think things through and consider other viewpoints.

It's high time that common courtousy is accounted for on here.Mods,stop being hands off with moderation.Please help people when they call for help instead of not doing so.Why should my life be made difficult just because of your moderations hands off belief when I was subjected to trolling from another thread?

RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2012, 12:04:44 AM

See that little 'report to moderator' thing in the corner of EVERY post?

That help from a mod is only a click away.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: