With Video tutorial.
Since our beloved crypto-currency mushroomed in popularity last summer, we’ve seen many trail blazing merchants start accepting bitcoin; however admittedly, we haven’t seen the kind of bitcoin adoption in the online marketplace we expected to see. We feel this is largely because a critical element - a feature rich, quick to launch, checkout solution - was missing for merchants to easily start accepting bitcoin. With this in mind, we at Mt.Gox decided to take a kick at the can to see if we could dream up a solution that takes the head-ache out receiving payments in bitcoin. While we were at it, we also managed to find a way to remove all of the merchant-specific risk too...
We are pleased to announce the amalgamation of our efforts in the form of a definitive bitcoin checkout solution, and we’re finally ready to show it off in all of it’s bare-bones glory.
With Mt.Gox checkout merchants are able to easily integrate bitcoin into their existing e-Commerce platform. We’ll be kicking things off by offering a downloadable Magento plugin within the next 2 weeks, but plan to develop plugins for other popular e-Commerce solutions to bring bitcoin to all corners of the web. As for now, we have put up the documentation for early adopters on Mt.Gox’s bitcoin wiki page under the Merchant API section:MtGox API: Merchant System
A little more about Mt.Gox checkout:
- Transactions are ridiculously free
- Customers can pay in BTC from their Bitcoin program (6 confirmations)
- Mt.Gox account holders can pay from their Mt.Gox accounts, allowing for instant checkout (and impulse buys, oh my’s)
- Pay instantly via Mt.Gox Mobile’s QR scanner (great for people who don’t want to pay from their office workstation!)
- Split payment capabilities: Wanna go halfers with your buddy on alpaca socks...now you can!
- Partial payments: If you don’t have enough in your bitcoin program, you can top off the payment with your Mt.Gox BTC balance (or vice versa)
- (Soon) Bitcoin prices are displayed in real-time relative to the merchants listed price in a traditional currency (USD, EUR, etc.)
- (Soon) An instant trade-on-receipt function that cashes out bitcoins in 1 of 16 currencies
- (Soon) Easily embed the “Mt.Gox Checkout” button into your existing checkout page.
We are really, really excited to offer this solution to existing merchants, and know it will be a huge boon to the bitcoin marketplace over the next few months.
There really isn’t a reason to suffer using Paypal any longer; bitcoin is here in a merchant friendly package, so we invite you to see the whole checkout process: thanks to this video Mt.Gox e-Commerce Solution
Questions and feedback are welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mt.Gox Team
Questo renderà di sicuro più facile l'implementazione di Bitcoin su qualche negozio online ( ricordo comunque che è sempre possibile farselo da se, visto che è tutto decentralizzato ).
Si aprono molte nuove strade.
Le transazioni dal loro account sono tutte gratuite.
Da far notare che a differenza di tanti altri sistemi ( vedi paypal ), qui si fanno trasferimenti del valore di 25 centesimi ( di dollaro ) senza batter ciglio ( senza alcun costo )
Ci sono molti mercati che fiorirebbero grazie ad un potenziale simile.
Uno di questi è sicuramente quello degli oggetti / pietre scambiate sui videogiochi di massa ( come il famoso World of Worcraft )
Si stanno già aprendo infatti siti / mercati di scambio che sfruttano proprio Bitcoin per poter effettuare al meglio queste operazioni.
Uno di questi: http://ogrr.com/