Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust {COIN} on Nasdaq OMX [Video]  (Read 4235 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 08:19:11 PM

There is nothing that prevents hedge funds from investing in bitcoins. Google "bitcoin hedge funds".

Maybe it depends where you are or what rules you're adhering to.

This guy says he would buy only if there was a proper exchange.

http://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/2310184/hendry-i-would-buy-bitcoin-if-i-could
Riniaiokl

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2014, 09:16:35 PM

I would argue that this is a very big step in the right direction to get bitcoin to start trading as an ETF. I would say that ETF trading would likely push up the price over the long term.

It should also be noted that second market recently announced an open ended mutual fund that will invest in bitcoin

Do you have a link to that?
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:43:57 AM

I would argue that this is a very big step in the right direction to get bitcoin to start trading as an ETF. I would say that ETF trading would likely push up the price over the long term.

It should also be noted that second market recently announced an open ended mutual fund that will invest in bitcoin

https://www.secondmarket.com/company/bitcoin-investment-trust

It's value is calculated every day at 4 PM eastern time, and charged a 1.5% fee to buy and 2.0% annual fee. You need to invest a minimum of $25,000

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:53:13 AM

https://www.secondmarket.com/company/bitcoin-investment-trust

It's value is calculated every day at 4 PM eastern time, and charged a 1.5% fee to buy and 2.0% annual fee. You need to invest a minimum of $25,000

what i hate about the winkle twins and secondmarket.. is the lack of responsibility they will have if disaster strikes.

in both cases the entities winkle twins... second market.. both have set up a trustee company, who then "SPONSERS" a third company..

thus still controlling it physically, but having 3 lines of defense to run away from legally..

bring back the good old days where people not "companies" were made bankrupt if their business went south.. the days where the captain goes down with his ship.. instead of these bull crap regulations that allow the captains to sail away with all the passengers possessions. leaving passengers to drown..

apart from that rant..  lets hope that never happens

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:59:43 AM

Get a lapel mic

Funny you should say that, I actually have one just havn't used it the last few videos for some reason Tongue
STAyre

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:44:30 AM

Bitcoin market price would almost never go down in any significant manner if an ETF is launched dealing with bitcoin
FlowerMatt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:55:18 AM

Was hoping for a more professional listing like WNKY

halfawake

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:13:53 AM

It'll definitely be interesting to see how this plays out.  We can hope that there's a significant amount of interest in bitcoin from people like Hendry who end up buying this ETF.

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
RepublicSpace

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:42:15 AM

that would sound hilarious on financial news, "WNKY's up again this morning ! 200%!"
Bynavama

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:47:26 AM

My prediction, this will fail within 5 years.
tigeRshoes

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:12:15 AM

that would sound hilarious on financial news, "WNKY's up again this morning ! 200%!"

- Hey Chuck, why are you so moody this morning?
- Well Bob, WNKY's today and I was hoping to show the misses a good time tonight.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:45:56 AM

lets say i was trading something valuable, a new asset.. lets call it milkium... where lots of different people can trade it too..

would i want to be known on nasdaq ask just frnk... or will i want to try and make it so that i am the main name everyone goes to for trades relating to milkium. by owning the abreviation MLKM...

the winkles didnt just want to be another business, they wanted to potentially be THE market of bitcoin shares, hence choosing coin.. making them appear to be the one and only business trading coins

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:14:09 PM

What an insightful comment. Back up your prediction with your reasoning behind, else this is nothing but FUD trolling.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:29:50 PM

Why 5 years?  Likelihood is that if it survives 6 months, it will survive indefinitely
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:56:09 PM

yea, like I've said before I think this will help the average investor and larger investing funds let people get into bitcoin Smiley
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:11:43 PM

My prediction, it will last for 311,000 years.

You heard it here first. Invest accordingly.
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 12:02:59 AM

My prediction, it will last for 311,000 years.

You heard it here first. Invest accordingly.

lol Tongue
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 12:00:18 PM

any updates on the etf? it's the only thing that can save bitcoin from the current downward spiral disaster right now
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 06:58:02 PM

actually yes I just posted a video to my channel, It talks about the latest news
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: