Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2018, 08:45:59 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator  (Read 5419 times)
GPUHoarder

Activity: 70
Merit: 22

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:47:50 AM

interested if this would be able to mine zettelkasten faster bcuz they use double keccak for the algo

~ 500MH by the looks of the algo, 7-8GH on 1525

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
OurManInHavana

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:38:10 PM

I have read this thread, but am still a bit confused. Is an Acorn accelerator more for miners that have power limitations: so instead of putting a used RX570 on a 1xPCIe riser and adding 30MH/s for about 120w... they would add an Acorn instead (with at least 4xPCIe to an existing card) and get that same 30MH/s boost but at only +-15W - for the same investment ($200)?

Maybe this would allow a 6-card rig to hash like an 8-card rig... but saving the extra 250W+ that 8-card setup would have added to your power bill?

If so, cool! Smiley

TheronB

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:52:05 PM

Survey complete.

I want one high end version assuming they have reasonable ROI after further testing.
Nego99

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 04:35:33 AM

I am very interested, took the survey. Being a noob I have lots of questions. I have a couple of small rigs. I run SMOS, can I still use it or will I need to change OS. I also use Enemy 1.11, what's that going to do.
Do you have some diagrams as to how the hardware all connects ? If I can use it, I want to give it a go.
cryptodunno

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:34:49 AM

I am very interested, took the survey. Being a noob I have lots of questions. I have a couple of small rigs. I run SMOS, can I still use it or will I need to change OS. I also use Enemy 1.11, what's that going to do.
Do you have some diagrams as to how the hardware all connects ? If I can use it, I want to give it a go.
all u need to do is just sit and wait.
i think once devs have a working product that is ready for release and selling they will find a way to adopt the usability it to anyone who wants it.

VoskCoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 291

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 03:40:00 PM

Could M.2 CPU mining accelerators also be engineered?

Acorn CAN do this.

must we do intel cpus?

I am looking for a new thread ripper with your m2 boosters and a 1080ti. or 2

I would get a board with 2x m2 slots.

I would then boost the cpu with one m2 from you
I would then boost the 2 1080tis with the other m2 from you.

Acorn doesn’t particularly care which CPU you use, although of course both worth a bit differently.

I'm looking at something similar to Phil right now. The only thing I need to see is some numbers etc... so I can estimate a rough ROI.  In other words, I'm waiting for the same thing as everyone else in this thread. Smiley

Is there a chart showing rough estimations of performance increase on some popular algos?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Thevaibhvav.arora

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:17:32 PM

+1 on that.. I too am new, and have a few miners running SMOS..
mfurman

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 07:32:47 PM

Acorn CAN do this.

must we do intel cpus?

Acorn doesn’t particularly care which CPU you use, although of course both worth a bit differently.

I'm looking at something similar to Phil right now. The only thing I need to see is some numbers etc... so I can estimate a rough ROI.  In other words, I'm waiting for the same thing as everyone else in this thread. Smiley

Is there a chart showing rough estimations of performance increase on some popular algos?

I would be very much also interested in some info about it
CryptoKeep

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 08:14:42 PM

Acorn CAN do this.

must we do intel cpus?

I'm planning to put that up if I can obtain and benchmark samples on reference platform(s):
http://www.whattominefpga.com/index.php/fpga-assist

I will also tabulate and post if stats are available from credible sources.
Simon84

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 09:22:36 PM

Survey completed. Waiting for the release. Smiley
ZedZedNova

Activity: 406
Merit: 257

Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!

View Profile
Today at 02:36:14 AM

Acorn CAN do this.

must we do intel cpus?

Latest on the discord channel is late this month or early July. GPUHoarder's minions are benchmarking a bunch of mobos and GPUs, and I would imagine probably different algos, too. GPUHoarder has been quite adamant about not releasing data until it is all collected.

BTC mining @ ckpool.org | ckpool mining stats || ethOS GPU mining rig Stats || L3+ mining and WTT Tokens @ Giga-Watt
-=O=-
Digital Ocean is where my Masternodes run Digital Ocean Referral Link
SavageMine

Activity: 10

View Profile
Today at 04:46:17 PM

So I'm guessing we need to encourage a manufacturer to design and produce a riserless, full PCIx16 slot motherboard like the Octominer (x8) or fictional "Dodecaminer" (x12), that has two or more M.2 slots, 4 DDR4 RAM slots and an LGA1151?!

It sounds like that would be the ideal hardware for the Acorn. Or am I out of my mind here?!
nitrobg

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
Today at 05:14:43 PM

So I'm guessing we need to encourage a manufacturer to design and produce a riserless, full PCIx16 slot motherboard like the Octominer (x8) or fictional "Dodecaminer" (x12), that has two or more M.2 slots, 4 DDR4 RAM slots and an LGA1151?!

It sounds like that would be the ideal hardware for the Acorn. Or am I out of my mind here?!
Those boards are wired at x1 pcie 2.0 through the chipset. Only server CPUs (EPYC/Xeon), Threadripper and the expensive X99/X299 CPUs have enough lanes to achieve multiple slots on pcie 3.0 x8 or x16.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.